Pressler And Pressler Complaints & Reviews

Pressler And Presslerdebt collection

I have been paying an old debt through Pressler and Pressler. I was made aware of them and their attempt to collect by an attempted garnishment my employer told me about. After calling them the garnishment was rescinded and I have been making payments. I've made payments for 10 months now. I have never received ANY form of correspondence from them. None.
I called and requested, after paying over $1300, to receive statements. They refused. Said my state, MD, was blacklisted and they could not send correspondence. Are you kidding me? I keep paying but have no way of knowing if payment has been received and credited to my account.
How is this practice fair or even legal?

Pressler And PresslerGot Sued By Pressler And Pressler And They Gave False Information

I was sued in August of 2013, by Pressler And Pressler for a credit card company. I never went to the court and yes I did want to go, but my father kept insisting that I didn't have to because of the fact that I am considered judgement proof under law, I still did want to go but I can not drive. Anyways they put a jugdement against me and I did call them to set up a payment plan so I can get this off my credit report, I told them the least I can afford is 20 dollars a months and there receptionist argued with me claiming to make at least 100. I told her I couldn't do that I am on Disability and don't receive much, she said my information was false that I had a job with a company called Global Artist. I did not even know what she was talking about, I never worked before in my life and never heard of Global Artist. I kept telling her that is false information and where is proof I worked for this company, she said that is what they was told. By who? My credit card even knew I had no job. I called Transunion, Equifax, and Experian and they all said no job was ever reported. It seems like they made up a phony business just to sue me. Now after fighting with them for a month trying to put it in their thick skulls that I never worked, they want a copy of my disability paper and I do not feel safe sending just anyone my information. Due to the fact that they sued me with false information is there any way I can get this judgement wiped away? This is first time I been sued and the only thing on my credit report.

Pressler And PresslerVery unethical

I had a garnishment wages that allowed the it’s been a year from now the amount that i owe them is already pass. When i called them to send me a letter to confirm they get all the money and satisfied still do not received any information from them which they still collect from my job.

When i called the accounting dept from my company they said unless the law firm sent them a letter they will still collected for them. Now i’m over 400 - 500 extra they took from me never received any receipt telling me how much they collected from me and contacted them.

No one wants to provided info or let you know whats going but when they were about to collect they were insulted you and pressure you etc want them to stop taking my money from my family mouth now because of that i’m starting get some financial issue thanks.

Pressler and pressler, llp
Www. Pressler - pressler.com
7 entin rd.
Parsippany, new jersey [protected]
[protected]

• Li
    Linwood Williams Nov 04, 2010

Force to pay credit card bill from my monthly disability check.

• Ki
    Kim F. May 29, 2011

This company is a joke. They want me to pay my account on time, but refuse to send me a monthly invoice as they do their other customers, stating they are not required to send me an invoice. I must call each month to find out my balance, but if a payment is late, they send out a letter (s) stating my payment is late immediately. I have never heard of a company that wants it money, but won't send a statement. They are rude over the telephone, unhelpful and should be out of business. I have asked them several times why they can send me threating letters for late payments, but not an invoice. Their explanations are so ridiculous, I get angry everytime I hear their name. They say part of my payment goes to the court officer, but they can't calculate the amount to send an invoice. Are they too stupid or lazy to input the correct amounts into a computer to generate a bill? Has anyone else had this experience?

Pressler And Presslercourt order a judgement against me

My name is dina cantagallo
I'm being sued for over 600.00 for a jewerly store called jared gallery over a debt that I owe them this money, 3 notices came out to me from a company called Pressler and Pressler omg I being sued scam liers they have a levy placed on my banks accounts and I'm really mad and scared I called my bank they refused to take off the levey on my account and it is really bothering me now please someone call me up now [protected]

• Lo
    LoverOfTea Oct 04, 2011

First of all, if you didn't owe the money, you should of contacted the company sending the notices to you. Second, if you still believe that you didn't owe the money, then you should of told the judge on your court date why it was a scam and you don't owe anything. Finally, you were notified about the levy on your account before it was placed there. Did you ignore the sheriff's officer who brought it to your home? Why should anyone call you? Are you trying to scam people out of money?

• St
    Stranger213 Dec 03, 2013

Lets see???? You owe money yet you are shocked when you dont pay your bills. Stop being a scub and pay your debts or dont buy stuff you cannot afford. Problem solved.

Pressler And PresslerDebt Collection

Pressler and Pressler are harrassing me for a payment that was not charged by me. I had to leave an abusive relationship as I told the representative of Pressler and Pressler. I told the rep that my identification was left behind and was stolen and used by my partner. I don't think I should be held responsible for the charges. It is not fair for Pressler and Pressler to pressure someone to pay. I am tired they have ruined my credit, I can't get a new car or house and I fear they will garnish my salary. What am I supposed to do???

Pressler And Presslerillegally collecting on paid debt

over 30 years ago, i got myself into some financial difficulties, and was unable to keep up on all my bills. i was independantly struggling to pay off my credit card bills, while these banks kept charging me huge amounts in fines, interest, penalties, etc. i finally had to borrow money from my parents just to keep up with my monthly rent, because i had been layed off from my job, without warning, and just couldnt keep up on the unemployment benefits i was receiving at the time. my mom told me to gather up all my bills, and bring them to her, so we could go over what the amount would be, that would help me get myself out of this mess. my parents knew i was always extremely responsible, but due to my age, i just wasnt mature enough to expect something like this to ever happen in my life, or with this job i loved and had for many years. but it did, and my parents were right there explaining to me, how sometimes our financial situation can get so bad or deep in debt, that with all these added fees, or late charges etc. could render this to be impossible for me to ever recover from, myself. so they took down all my bills, and the amounts i was in debt to all these credit card companies, and my mother just wrote out checks in full to each one, so that i could have a new fresh start, now that ive just had to learn this life lesson the hard way here myself at the time. i sat there, with my mom who was writing these checks from her check book in her home, and she was urging me to then make phone calls to each of these credit card companies, letting them know, i was sending in this final payment due on these accts. and making sure of the exact amounts that i owed each one at the time as well. i also wanted to make sure they knew when they got my final payment, that the check would be in my mothers name, not mine, so to make sure that they were all applied to these right accounts. i did not want any problems hanging over me after this gift was given to me by my parents so i can start all over again, and rebuild my credit again too. the only credit card company i had a problem with, was the one that had pressler and pressler assigned to collect for them on my acct. i can only assume that because i sent this check directly to this credit card company, instead of sending my final payment to pressler and pressler, collection agency. that they were angry, because they just deliberately ignored all my attempts, to alert them that this was already settled and paid directly to this bank. and when pressler and pressler continued to hassle me, and send these collection attempt notices on this same debt, after it was paid and satisfied with this bank that held my credit card acct. i contacted this person at this credit card company, to request several times, that they now let pressler and pressler know, this debt was paid to them directly and in full. because everytime i tried to clear up this problem with pressler and pressler, they told me that this info coming from me, meant nothing to them. it had to come to them directly now from this credit card company. this woman there, also tried many times to get pressler and pressler now off my back, but nothing ever worked, to satisfy them that this was indeed paid to this company directly. this woman at the credit card company told me, as far as she and this company was concerned, my debt was cleared off their records, so that although this ignorant collection company was refusing to acknowledge this debt as being paid now, that i just shouldnt worry about it anymore, because there was no debt in their records anymore for them to now still be collecting on here legally. it was as if, this woman just gave up helping me resolve this after trying to assist me, unsuccessfully with pressler and pressler too now here. and so i had no choice but, to take this womans advise, and just start throwing out the notices they sent to me asking for me to pay this again now to this collection agency. because she convinced me that all they were doing was retaliating by harrassing me still with these collection notices being sent for many years after it was already paid in full by my mother. so if i just threw them out, she said they would eventually get bored, or tired of wasting this time and money to aggrivate me this way, and move onto harrassing others, who legitimately still owed these debts they were assigned to collect over the years. well this never stopped, and went on for so many years, that i finally opened one of these notices again from pressler and pressler, to see if they were still actually coming after me for this paid debt all these years later. because at times, these noticed did stop coming to me, but started up again each time too. so i wanted again to try and see if i could clear this up, again, just because it was still this black cloud hanging over me, years later in my life. and was just bothering me enough to give this another shot. but by then pressler and pressler was still claiming that this credit card person never faxed, called, or contacted them in any manner, to let them know this debt was paid to them directly all these years ago. so since i now had another agent handling my collection acct, i thought if i called this bank person again now, and asked her to send this again to pressler and pressler, because they are still treating this as an unpaid debt, but i found out then, that this woman was no longer there to help me. in fact, this credit card company had been taken over by some other bank now, and they had no records of my acct at all, so they told me here. then i think this debt was bought over by another bank too. so this really made it hard for me to get this debt cleared, from pressler and pressler trying to collect from me, after it had been paid in full so many years earlier. so i tried to talk to this new collection agent here, and complain about how all these years they have been harrassing me, illegally, or someone in this office who was handling my acct earlier at this collection agency was so angry at me that they did not get their cut or pay for collecting this debt from me, because i sent the check directly to the company, knowing full well, that it was a debt already assigned to this company to be collecting on. i think at the time, i just felt less horrible as a person, to pay these companies this outstanding balance directly. because then they would have been paid on my acct in full, without having to pay a portion of it to this 3rd party here. and boy was i wrong. this worked ok, and perfectly fine with all these other debts i owed in credit cards, that were also now assigned to other collection agencies to collect on from me. but this one arrogant, persistant, ignorant, and angry company pressler and pressler, just wouldnt ever acknowledge this debt was ever paid in full. so now i was being threatened with legal actions, by pressler and pressler, if i didnt start making some kind of payments now on this paid debt. and i explained all this again to another collection agent, then a few supervisors too, and they now told me, i had to provide this evidence that they got so many times before over the years from myself and this woman working in the accounts receivable dept of this credit card company. and all these years later, i found this woman was no longer accessable to help me now resolve this once and for all. and over the years since this became such a major problem for me, to just have this collection agency apply my payment info to this acct and close it once and for all. they are still asking me for this same payment evidence. and with legal threats now to pay it, i was stuck in this situation where my now elderly mother, who suffered losses in a house flood etc. has no idea if she still has these bank records from this long ago. and unfortunately too, she doesnt even remember this situation at all, or helping me so many years ago in my life. but i was able to explain to pressler and pressler how i know the approximate date this check was sent to this credit card company, all because of the fact, that all my other credit card and outstanding debts were paid by her at this one same time. and you can seel this reflected on my credit report, or you could have back when i was still trying to have this collection agency acknowledge this as a now paid in full debt. i was trying to back my case with them, and how for this time i was behind on all my bills, and was barely able to pay off just the interest, late fees, etc. and they just kept adding up more and more, rather than being reduced at all, in some of these cases here with these debts i owed at the time. and suddenly you can see on my credit report, how all these outstanding debts, in collections or not, were all satisfied at the same exact time, to have them all paid in full, in large amounts owed on some of them too, in the thousands. and how suddenly all of these old debts were paid in full, and removed from my credit report, as negatives. anyway, i explained how this would also prove my story here to them today. because why would i suddenly have all this thousands of dollars, to pay off all my other debts, and not also pay off this one credit card debt too. I still did have just one smaller store credit card bill left to pay that was passed due. but that was because i was more worried about getting my mom to pay off these large overdue bills i owed back then, and this one slipped though the cracks, but i was ok with paying this one small bill myself, because i now would have more money to do so, and quickly too, once my mom did this to give me a clean slate, so i could start all over again, doing it right now this time. i have to say, that i learned my lesson really well, this very 1st time, it happened to me this way. i know now, how these totally unexpected life events can come along, with no cause by you, out of the blue, and you need to have savings behind you just in case, this ever happens again. so i have since, not used any credit cards again. because the interest etc i just cant afford, and i know how fast this can pile up, so that you just cant keep up, and then more charges will be added to make this even more difficult again to ever pay off. and so i was smart, and decided with my mom now being 80yrs old, that i would go and search her new condo, to see if i could find this cancelled check in her possession, before she is no longer here, for me to do so. and i just couldnt find it in time, and i told pressler and pressler i was still searching for this payment evidence, but they went ahead anyway, and filed a case against me in court to have a judgement now force me to pay this debt again now to this agency. and i was prepared to show up in court to defend this claim by pressler and pressler against me, and if needed ask for more time to come up with this evidence i needed to prove this. but that court date was cancelled, and i was never contacted or notified again, by the court, or pressler and pressler, of this new court date, so i could have defended myself or explained all this to the judge in court that day. and it was only afterwards when i got this court notice, i thought from pressler and presslers office, stating that there had been this judgement against me, and this huge amount i would now legally have to pay them again here. and i actually thought at 1st this was just another deceptive type practice of pressler and pressler, to try and get me to agree and pay this debt now to them. so i just ignored all these letters i got, saying there was this court judgement against me, to pay this now. or the letters i got insisting that by law i was ordered now to provide pressler and pressler all this personal information, about my job, salary, possessions etc. but when they started to seem more serious or threatening to me, with legal punishments involved if i didnt comply by a certain time frame. i decided to comply and provide this info required of me, thinking that i would be avoiding other possibly more severe punishments than this now by the court possibly being involved here. but these court notices and letters i received that stated there was this judgement against me in court that day. to me, never really seemed to be officially from our courts offices. they were copies of letters, that were all crooked, too. like pressler and pressler was using this more serious and threatening, legal type pressure on me to pay this debt, that i know as a fact i paid in full many years ago, directly to this credit card company. and whats worse is how every other collection company assigned to collect these debts from me at the time. just automatically applied this payment info to my accts so that these files were now closed. and not one of them ever complained or bothered me again, to collect on these now paid in full accts assigned to them to collect from me as well back then. and over the years, this one collection company that has deliberately refused to apply my payment, or close it after it was paid in full directly like i did with all the other bills i had back then piled up on me. and have also added on all these rediculous amounts on legal fees, interest, etc. like over the years, it was like they just deliberately used this deceptive practice so that right now, after believing that i have this legal court judgement against me, for this now huge amount, that is way, way higher in all these charges added on over the years. for example i think this original debt was around 1, 000 -2, 000 dollars, that i owed to this credit card company. and now because i was convinced and afraid i might suffer some legal consequences. i did eventually send pressler and pressler this private and personal information that they were demanding of me, and now i have this huge judgement of somewhere around 10, 000 dollars, that is being garnished now from my weekly paycheck. and i am so upset and angry, because i have since just said, its not worth it to fight this, or try to have the court reverse this judgement, if an actual court ordered judgement really exists here in my case at all. and now after paying this garnish now for years, i have no clue how much i would even owe them now. or when will this be paid off. or even to get a balance sheet from this horribly unethical offiice, who collected knowingly a paid debt, that they had no right to do in the 1st place here, once this credit card company notified them several times, to back my claims that it was paid in full and closed now in their records of my acct with them. and i am now so furious and angry, that the courts too, would allow these things to happen to inocent people like me, . and i think there needs to be a practice by the court of sending out these court date notices to defendants with a return receipt required so that the court will know in fact if everyone involved has received these notices, so that they can be present to defend themselves in these matters also. to this day, i am paying off this already paid debt, in garnishment to this horribly deceptive collection company. and i still dont know if this was in fact, a court ordered judgement or not. because the notices both i and my employer received concerning this debt payment now, legally, didnt actually seem to be a legitimate court type document. so i am still under the impression that this pressler and pressler collection company, tricked me in everyway they could think of to now be paying them this money that i dont even owe anymore to this credit card company., and another fact id like to mention, is how this credit card company changed hands several times over the years and although this original credit card company assigned my acct over to pressler and pressler to collect on back then. i really dont know for sure, if they actually legally have the right to be collecting on this debt, since it was originally a debt with another banks credit card, and they were bought out by another bank, and this was the bank that i paid this off in full to directly. and since this time, there have been other banks involved, that did not have any part in assigning this debt to pressler and pressler in the 1st place here. so i think its a matter of this collection company using every deceptive, illegal, and ignorant practice they can think of, to force inocent people like me, to just cave at some point, and pay them for these debts that are no longer valid, and should have reflected this with closing my case in their office long ago. and since i have never before been in a situation like this, and got the advise from everyone ive asked, that all i needed to do was ignore them, and these notices that i was receiving from them all these years after this was paid. i was told by a legal representative that these collection agents feel disrespected or robbed when they are assigned to collect these debts, and dont get paid for any work involved, when someone like me, sends these payments directly to these companies, instead. but this woman told me, it was fine to send it directly to her office, because once these accts are turned over to a collection company to collect on, they are paid a percentage on whatever they are paid now on these collection accts. and for me it was a matter also, of making sure when i paid these final payments in full, on all these outstanding credit card bills. that i paid the right amout, with interest, and other late fees etc all added in that day, so i knew when i sent out these final payments that there would not be anymore money owed, for me to then have to pay after i was getting this financial help from my mother. and i had no idea that on top of this one single collection company refusing to acknowledge my payment all these years. that a judge could order a judgement against me, in such a huge amout, over the amount of my original debt. i mean now, even if i wanted to just pay this off again in full to finally have this aggrivating and frustrating, deception over with once and for all with this collection company. there is no way possible i can now, because the judgement is so high now, about 80% higher than this debt was that i owed in the 1st place here. so i have no idea, what i can do now, but i just wished the courts here, would support the defendants rights more, and make sure that everyone involved gets these court date notices. or if the court sends notices to someone like me in this legal type situation. that they would at least have the sense and responsibility as well, to make sure that these notices look official since they are supposed to be sent by our courts. so that someone like me, who is so naive and inexperienced, or ignorant of the laws involved in such cases. know for sure completely that these are in fact legal documents, that a genuine court has sent to you, concerning these legal matters. because to this day, i still dont know if pressler and pressler just turned up the heat or pressure on me, using these deceptive legal type documents, that i still have to doubt right now while i am being forced to pay this now a second time, to pressler and pressler. that it was indeed a court ordered judgement or garnish that a court has imposed on me, legally, because these notices i was sent, and that were sent to my employer, looked like badly made copies, that possibly pressler and pressler use in their offices collection practices, that include docket numbers etc. but have no real court seal etc. so i am now upset and so aggrivated that after having this garnishment imposed on me for so long now, on a weekly basis. that these collection agencies, have no legal obligation to send me some sort of statement showing what was paid to date, and what is still owed now at this point years later. i mean, how do i know that this unethical, collection agency, is actually applying all these payments towards this so called judgement amount balance, in their records today. or if they will even care to notify me, when it is paid in full. i have no idea at this point after paying towards this judgement amount for years now. if they will even bother to let me know when i have paid this amount in full, or if in the meantime, they are legally still allowed to be adding on more charges, in legal or other fees that they might still feel entitled to receive at some point here in this situation, so this all really stinks, because had i just insisted or demanded, to get this problem with pressler and pressler legally resolved back then years ago. this would never have been able to take place at all here. but i felt so frustrated and helpless, and thought like everyone else did, that this company would just stop harrassing me for this paid debt at some point. it was as if they were punishing me this way, because i caused them to not be paid for their collection efforts on behalf of this credit card company. maybe thats the reason this woman in accounts receivable told me to send to her directly. and the reason why at some point she gave up on helping me resolve this now paid in full debt with pressler and pressler. because now thinking back, maybe this credit card company i paid directly, never paid this collection agency the collection percentage at all. so this could have created a stand still, where pressler and pressler was saying, that unless this credit card company pays them for collecting this amount from me, they just decided to then refuse acknowledgement in their records of my case either here. so this could have caused me to be placed in such a vulnerable, defenseless situation now today, when so many years have passed, that its kind of impossible now to dig up this old evidence to defend myself here. and even if i could manage to find this cancelled check in my mothers records today, this justice system we have to use in these cases today, totally failed me as this defendant, when they changed this original court date at presslers and presslers request, so that i then never got notified so i could have appeared to defend myself against this so called judgement against me. and ive seen how this same thing happens alot, with our courts today. they seem to always manage to notify the plaintiffs of these legal changes etc. but somehow manage to drop the ball, in notifying defendants so that they can exercize their right to defend themselves in these courtrooms today., anyway ive heard that the laws and rules have changed so i only hope that now i find that these changes affect me now too.

Pressler And PresslerNo sense of Dignity

My Husband recently got a letter from these ### and yes I mean that to the fullest extent cause they really are worthless human beings. Originally he set up a payment plan to pay 150 dollars a month but that soon became an issue. So rather than stop paying and go back to the same cycle he made a phone call to Pressler and Pressler and spoke with a woman who never revealed her name. He proceeded to tell her that he couldn't afford the 150 dollars a month but was willing to pay 50 dollars a month. She agreed and put a note on the account. Well that note became the arguement of the next phone call I made to them, I spoke with a gentleman who was rather rude and frankly really had no idea to talk to people. He told me it was temporary and that it was only for a month and that the next month he was to resume original payment of 150. Well I told them he couldn't afford it and then he told me that my husband make X amount of money and that he should be able to. I proceeded to get nasty with him cause now he was getting out of hand. He gave me a bogus yearly figure which in turn I asked him how he got that and he told me my husband told him that last year which was bull cause we jus received a judgement letter 4 months ago. Going back and forth he told me that 50 dollars was not good enough and I said to him what would you rather have me just not pay at all and go to court or me pay you what I can. Either way you should take what I can give and not waste time in court he then kept insisting that I needed to pay that amount of 150 and I told him that it's either he takes what I can give him or take me to court, and I hung up on him. Point of this is you say you want money ok but when someone is trying to make and effort to fix a wrong they commited you shut it down and say it's not good enough. Then the debit collectors wonder why no one pays them...

• Al
    allie1976 Nov 21, 2011

I actually just got off the phone with them and had the exact same result. I offered 50 previously and that was denied, this time I offered 100 and they declined that as well. They told me they would only accept 200 a month. Really?? My debt with them is only for 1, 200!!! A hundred a month and it would be paid off in a year!!! Oh no, the guy I talked to said that if the money was to be garnished they would be able to get more than 100 dollars a month so they will just go forward with the legal proceedings. In the mean time we have been sending them $50 a month without fail. I don't understand their practices at all! Any other collection agency just wants to get the debt paid and if you are making an effort they don't push you into court!!! BUT with Pressler and Pressler they hide behind the facade that they are a law office, so how collection agencies work is of no concern of theirs. They also tried getting more info, such as weekly paycheck amount, place of employment, and other personal info!! Is this legal??!!! Something needs to be done about these people!!!

Pressler And Presslerlevy on bank account

A couple of years ago, i was laid off and I got very delinquent in many of my bills. I receive a three notices of garnishment from my employee stating that Pressler and Pressler were going to garnish my salary all three of them back to back. i never received any notice to go to court to tell the judge that I have been clearing up my credit little by little. I am a single parent, and I was starting with my lower bills first. I figured since there was a garnish on my salary that I would try to clear those judgements up. However, last Friday, I go to withdraw money from my account at Chase and the receipt kept telling me that I had insufficient funds. I knew this couldn't be possible because my pay check had been deposited via direct deposit that morning and I had 600.00 in my bank account. I ran home and checked my accounts via online. All three accounts were 00.00 balance. Literally, I almost had a heart attack because I leave all my money in the bank and withdraw it when needed. i called the bank and asked them to please release some money to me because I didn't have any money for food for my son or for the rent. They told me that I had to call the court officer on Monday. All weekend, I had no money. First thing Monday morning, I called the court officer but he wasn't availabel so I had to speak with the clerk. The clerk asked me to call Pressler and Pressler. Well, I begged them to release at least enough money so I could buy some food. They asked me to make a payment arrangement. I agreed to pay 200.00 monthly commencing on thre 9th of April. They told me that they would not release the money from the bank and that in addition to my monthly payments, They were also going to garnish my salary. I begged them. The manager asked me to go to my bank and get a copy of my statement that showed the levys. the bank wouldn't give it to me so they faxed it to the manager. The manager said that he never received it and I called the bank and asked them to refax it. So I called the court officer back and pleaded with him to help me. To no avail. So I was on line trying to get information, and I stumbled upon your site. These people are legal criminals(I am a social worker in a jail), and they should be where I work. I am having so much anxiety because if my next paycheck's direct deposit can;t be stopped, I will be 30 days late with the rent, and my landlord can start eviction proceedings. How can it be allowed that every penny I have can be taken. i can see even taking half of the money and leaving some for living expenses.Tommorow, i am going to go to the courthouse to see if I can file a motion claiming hardship and ask for the levy to be lifted. Any advice, I would surely appreciate!

• lauriecris
    THEY HAVE SECURED A JUDGMENT AGAINST YOU!!
    AND WILL SUCK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AGAIN!!

STOP YOUR DIRECT DEPOSIT ASAP!!

WERE YOU EVER NOTIFIED OF A COURT DATE??

IF NOT THIS ALONE WILL GET THIS JUDGMENT OVERTURNED

GO HERE AND READ THIS ON HOW TO FIGHT THEM..

Credit-Card-Defense

IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFORMATION EMAIL US AT

[email protected]

DO NOT AGREE TO PAY THEM ANYTHING!!

IF YOU DO IT WILL LOCK YOU INTO A "CONTRACT" WITH THEM

WHICH THEY CAN USE TO TAKE MORE MONEY!!

PLEAD IGNORANT TO THEIR CASE..

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS DEBT IS>>

MAKING THEM PROVE THEY HAVE A LEGITIMATE DEBT TO COLLECT!!

ADMIT TO NOTHING WITH THEM!!

• FIRST OFF!!

YOU NEVER "QUESTIONED" THE GARNISHMENTS?????

YOU SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED NOTICE FROM WHOEVER WAS ATTEMPTING THE GARNISHMENTS, AND THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOCKET NUMBERS IN THEM..

INDICATING THAT THEY HAD "SECURED" JUDGMENTS AGAINST YOU!

NOT BEING NOTIFIED OF A PENDING COURT CASE< CAN GET THESE "JUDGMENTS

PRESSLER"LEGALLY"
    (THOUGH SOMEWHAT IMMORALLY)

SECURED A JUDGMENT AGAINST YOU

YOU HAVE TO "LEGALLY" HAVE IT OVERTURNED>>

THATS HOW THE LAW WORKS..!!

MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE JUDGES ARE IN PRESSLERS POCKET!!

THERE ARE A FEW WHO ARE NOT
    AND DON"T LIKE WHAT PRESSLER DOES
    BUT THEY ARE FEW AND HARD TO FIND!!

YOU HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO HERE,
    IN OVERTURNING THESE JUDGMENTS,

AND THE FIRST THING TO DO IS "NOT"
    TO COMMUNICATE WITH PRESSLER
    IN ANY WAY UNTIL YOU FILE A MOTION
    WITH THE COURT TO OVERTURN THESE JUDGMENTS!!

DO NOT ADMIT TO OWING THEM
    OR ANYONE IE: CREDIT CARD COMPANY S
    ANYTHING..

AND SPECIFICALLY
    DO NOT ADMIT TO PRESSLER AND
    DO NOT ADMIT TO THE COURT

THAT YOU HAVE OUTSTANDING DEBTS!!!

AND DO NOT MAKE ANY AGREEMENTS WITH PRESS:ER TO PAY THEM>>
    THIS WILL "LOCK" YOU INTO A "CONTRACT" WITH THEM!!

AS WELL AS ADMIT "GUILT" ON YOUR PART THAT YOU OWE MONEY,
    MAYBE NOT TO THEM< BUT THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES, THAT THEY BOUGHT THE RIGHT TO COLLECT FROM!

AND SPECIFICALLY
    DO NOT ADMIT TO PRESSLER AND
    DO NOT ADMIT TO THE COURT
    THAT YOU HAVE OUTSTANDING DEBTS!!!

THEY RARELY IF AT ALL HAVE "CONCRETE" PROOF
    THAT THEY NOW OWN YOUR DEBT

SURE THEY WILL BAMBOOZLE YOU WITH PAPERWORK BUT WHAT THEY NEED TO PROVE THAY NOW OWN IT, YOUR OLD DEBT THEY NEVER HAVE!!

IF YOU "ADMIT" IN COURT THAT YOU OWED THE DEBT TO THE "ORIGINAL"
    CREDIT CARD COMPANY USUALLY THIS ALONE WILL GET THEM A JUDGMENT!!

YOU MUST PLEAD IGNORANT
    AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS DEBT IS OR WHERE IT CAME FROM
    AND MAKE THEM PROVE THAT IT WAS YOURS!!
    AND THAT THEY NOW HAVE A CLEAR TITLE TO IT!!

Who has the burden of proof in a debt collection case?

The plaintiff who is the credit card company or debt buyer always has the burden of proof in any type of debt collection case. This essentially means that the plaintiff has to provide evidence to prove to the court that (1) the plaintiff has the right to sue you; (2) the debt is yours; and (3) you owe the exact amount of money that the plaintiff claims you owe. You do not have to prove that you do not owe the money. Instead, the plaintiff has to prove that you owe the money to the credit card company.

56. What kind of evidence does the plaintiff need to present in order to meet its burden of proof?

If you admit that the plaintiff’s allegations are correct, then the plaintiff can rely on your admission to win the case. However, if you challenge the plaintiff’s right to sue you, the existence of the debt, or the amount of the debt, then the plaintiff must provide the following evidence to the court:

a. Proof that the plaintiff has the right to sue you. In the case of a debt buyer, the debt buyer must prove that it owns your debt by showing the court the contract of sale. This contract is called an assignment. The assignment must mention your debt specifically. If your debt has been bought and sold multiple times, the debt buyer must present a chain of assignments that goes all the way back to your original creditor.

b. Proof that the debt is yours. Usually, this means an original contract with your signature.
    FROM

MORE INFO HERE>>

EMAIL US FOR MORE INFO..

dolly Apr 05, 2010

The statue of limitations on credit cards is 4 years from the date the last payment on credit card was made. Pressler & Pressler are the biggest crooks. I have been to court with them numerous times over the past 2 years and I fight tooth and nail with them. I actually fight it out with 2 attorneys against me. The judge is a lawyer too and he gangs up on me too but they can't shake me. I keep saying I want to see the original contract, the chain of ownership, proof they own it and I have threatened to subpoena all these people who lie and sign and swear they keep the books and know I owe 800.00 dollars to them. It's absurd. The first time I went to court I thought I was on Candid Camera. It was surreal. The judge and P&P try to get you to go out in the hall and make a "deal". I always refuse to go in the hall. If you go in the hall and make a deal, you are screwed for life. The debts never go away. They garnish wages forever. They make up more debts you don't owe them and continue to sue for bogus debts. The judges are committing treason. They are suppose to be fair & just. They are being paid by P&P. Sheldon Pressler sits on the committee that changes the rules of the Special Civil Part Law Division. I brought that up to the judge last time. I said "every time they aren't getting what they want they change the rules to screw us even more. The judge had nothing to say. I also said "look why can P&P file a lawsuit without an merit or proof attached. No contract. Nothing? I can't file a motion without proof so why can they? He had Nothing to say. They keep thinking I will tire of this and give up but I won't. I will fight them to the end. I already had 2 cases dismissed with prejudice when I appealed my cases to the Supreme court in Trenton. I filed for a free lawyer because I am poor and she argued my cases for me. They were different debt collectors but I am doing it with this P&P case now. I got one P&P case dropped but need this last one to be dismissed then my life will be peaceful again. I could see if they legally own these but they don't. I have never been given one iota of proof. I called Lowes GE money bank and they said they never heard of P&P. Maybe the new Governor will help us get these people in jail where they belong. Governor Corzine was useless. I believe he was part of the corruption with P&P. By the way the latest judge I saw was Judge Crook. I felt like saying " your name says it all" but I had already mouthed off to him and thought he would get me for contempt of court. P&P stole $30, 000 from a couple in NJ. I believe the wifes name is Eleanor Schiano. Look up that case. It is unbelievable. Good Luck everyone.

• La
    Larry Bumgarner Jun 17, 2010

Please file a complaint with FTC at their sight. When enough do this then they will take action. Also, I know how to be what they call "Private Attorney General" which has the same power as a lawyer and can file a law suit in federal court. It costs $350 for the complaint which we can split up. Contact me at [email protected] if you are interested. I think we could beat them. Larry Bumgarner

dolly Jul 09, 2010

I filed a complaint with the FTC about 2 years ago. Nothing happened. I went to the FBI. Nothing happened. I went to the Attorney General in New Jersey. Nothing happened. I went to the Governor. Nothing happened. I went to the local prosecutor. Nothing happened. I went to Washington DC for the 4th of July weekend and went to see the Declaration of Independence and the original flag (star spangled banner) and I was thinking "none of this matters if our justice system doesn't work". We are not free. What should we do? Maybe if we all go to the Capitol in Trenton on a certain day at a certain hour and have a peaceful demonstration we would get some media attention and maybe the Governor will look into this. If anyone would like to do this please contact me at [email protected] Thanks, Dolly

No more deadbeats Oct 17, 2010

Dolly and Larry. Have you forgotten that you did not pay your bills ! Have you forgotten that if you did not ignore the letters from pressler and pressler and just called them they would have made a deal with you! Have you forgotten that by not paying your bills you have essentially stollen from the vendors you purchased from!

Dolly so what your saying is everyone should not pay their credit card bills for four years and then the debt will just go away! This is why the country is in a financial crisis because people live beyond their means and then default on the debt.

Get real. It's simple pay your bills and you won't be in this situation.

dolly Nov 01, 2010

It's simple. Even if this was a valid debt they can't just go onto my credit report and act like they own it. I had one account and 3 different debt collection companies said they "owned it" Pressler and Pressler didn't have any proof they "owned" the debt. If my credit card company sold my name and private information to anyone that is illegal. It's like a subprime mortgage. They can't sell it to one company who sells it to another who sells it to another. That's why this country is in financial straits. I never signed a contract with a credit card company that says if I don't make payments because I lost my job then you can sell it to Joe who can sell it to Pete who can sell it to Paul. The contract I signed says you can assign it to your own collection department, not sell it to everyone and their Mother. You Idiot. Your nuts. So is Pressler and Pressler. They are nothing but common thieves. They have to prove their case. Just a contract with my name on it would be nice. They had nothing and I don't owe them a dime. That's why I won in court. Sorry. We live in America you [censor].

antonett Jun 06, 2012

How is it possible thet can continue to get away with what there doing, Is the court that corrupt? Can our justice system be paid off? This complaint will go nowhere just as thousands and thousands have gone nowhere, there is no one out there that can bring them down, not even the courts that know what there doing.

Annevieve Jan 10, 2014

There a lots of uncontrollable reasons people end up in debt, such of loss of job or a major medical crisis. When you are a hard working person living paycheck to paycheck, it doesn't take much to plunge you into financial ruin. Pressler won't accept a reasonable payment plan - they want you to accept a monthly payment CONTRACT for an amount that is beyond your means so that when you miss a payment they have an automatic right to then take your property, accounts. etc. The judge I encountered was CLEARLY in bed with pnp. It was actually really sad to see a judge who was nothing more than a mouthpiece and a puppet for this firm. How do they look themselves in the mirror? Is this why you went to law school and swore an oath to uphold the ideals of our judicial system -- only to betray the public trust and EVERYTHING being a judge should stand for? People have been complainng and reporting about what's going on with Pressler and Pressler, their front company New Century Financial, and the court system for YEARS and nothing apparently has been done about it. I guess NJ truly is corrupt though and through. Where are the brave lawyers, journalists, judges, and other public servants who will stand up to them? I am with Dolly wholeheartedly. Regardless of how anyone ended up in debt, the burden of proof is on the plaintiff, and they should have to prove, like anyone else, that they own the debt and the debt originated with you. THAT is the American Way. Dolly, how did you get a free lawyer?

Pressler And PresslerCourt Notice

Pressler and Pressler Has been harrassing me ever since I was pregnant with a very difficult sitation. Mypregnancy was a very risky and complicated for which I had to stop working by threads of attempting abortion. I was so stressed out that I gave birth to a 3 pound premature baby which they did not pay any attention to my condition.I was foolish enough to call these people which at the beginnig I tought were to understand my situation, since I had no income coming in. The Person I spoke to was very harsh and even had the nerve to ask me if i had a husband that would help pay the pressumed debt. They suggested I paid $75 dollars a month, which I refused at first beacuse I had no money at all. Eventually I agreed. Then to this date 5/29/2009 I stopped paying and still owe $149, 90 Due to my curiosity to find out about this company I made some search about them.Then i found You guys. Hoping that you can help. Today I received a letter with a "Notice of motion to Judgement", it doesnt have a court day or any other info, but my signature for when I went to pick up ther certified letter to the post office is on it. Now after this Im not sure what else could happen, and Im just trying to seek help to know how can I defend myself from this guysif this situation may continue. please help me.what should I do.

• There is a huge SCAM, a multimillion dollar SCAM, being forced on the american public!!

And our legal system is in on it!

third party debt collectors!!!

When you stop paying on a credit card debt,
    The original creditor is mandated by federal law, to charge-off an account when no payments have been received for 180 days.
    That date is refered to as the �Date of Last Activity (DLA)’ and reported as such, to the credit reporting agencies by the creditor.

After they write it off, they "Bundle" all these uncollectable accounts and sell them for pennies on the dollar on the open market, this is where the 3rd party debt collectors come in.

They BUY a "BUNDLE" of this uncollected debt info from the original bank.

However what they buy is your name, account number, and what you owed to the original bank.

They rarely or never get your "original signed contract" with the credit card company, your last statement of payment on the account, and the original writeoff amount.

This is what they need to "PROVE" in court that they now have "TITLE" to your original debt.!!

This information is usually sold several times within the "networks" still as a BUNDLE
    of uncollectable debt!

They will harris you on the phone, send threating letters, saying that they represent
    "XYC LLC" who now has title to your Bank of Bundi account in which you owe some
    ridiculous amount.

First off the "XYC LLC" company is usually some "shell" company that the collection law firm has setup, because by law, the law firm itself cannot hold title and try to enforce a judgement against you.

So they have to "represent" a client who holds title, so they claim against you.

The law they are trying to collect on is "CONTRACT" law, , which requires them to have "the original signed contract", and the "deeds of transfer", indicating your account specifically with the "deeds of transfer", and a copy or original of your last statement, indicating your last payment on the account, and the "charge Off" amount. Which the original bank "wrote Off" its books.

They never have any of this information, what they present to the court is a hodge podge of information, a pasted piece from an excell spredsheet with your name, address ect, usually 2 pages sideways, "certifications" which are assembled by their own staff on their own computer systems, including usually an amount you owe which they assembled from their own computer system. From this "Budle" they bought for pennies on the dollar!!

The problem is unless you "ANSWER THE LAWSUIT" Requiring you to file an answer to the suit, contesting the "CONTRACT CASE" Pay the $15.00 fee to the court, and Show up on the Date of the court hearing and contest the case by demanding that they supply the original contract, deeds of transfer, and last payment statement, "
    indicating your account "specifically" and the "charge Off" amount...

They will request a default judgement from the Judge..and he will grant it!

I have specifically fought 3 cases against me, taking several court dates, time off from work, endless hours of waiting, but they realized
    I knew what I was talking about and that they could't proof their case,
    IE get over on me...and they dismissed their suits...
    go here...http://www.budhibbs.com/index.html
    here Collection Agencies Illegal Practices ~ New Jersey

and here for a expose on tv

The reason the courts are usually on their side is "MONEY"
    each time they file its $15.00 fee, each time you answer its $15.00 fee,
    multiply that times the thousands of collection cases and you can see how the courts make money..not to mention that its a "Buddy" system..

you can email us at [email protected]
    for more info!!

• Cm
    cmi Oct 25, 2009

I wish I had this information before I agree to send them any money. When I tried to get information from this shrew company I was told that I would have to pay for this information. They told me to go through my old payment history which I did not have at the time. I move cross country and misplaced a lot of this information. Due to hard times I was unable to pay on my account. I am paying more to this shew company than what I owed on the credit card. I believe in what goes around comes around. It is just a matter of time...

• Pr
    practicalclerk Sep 13, 2012

@stopthirdpartydebtcollectors,

I know this response is a bit late, but I just came across your comment, and couldn't let it pass. I work for the court system you've insulted, and believe me, we have no interest in the money. If that were the case, Pressler would be filing in Civil Law, and to answer would be $135, not $15. The reason they get away with this is that people IGNORE them and the court summonses. They don't send you the complaint once its filed, WE do. We also include a letter that WE type letting you know that you're being sued and that you HAVE TO RESPOND TO US, not Pressler, not over the phone, but in writing. And yes, there is a fee for everyone who files something, but it's generally cheaper to respond to a complaint than to file one. I don't necessarily agree with their tactics, but the law states that we all, Pressler included, have a right to file complaints with the court, just as the defendants have a right to defend themselves.

What people generally don't know is that even if you don't sign for the certified mail, we send it regular mail, too. If the post office doesn't send us anything like "You don't live there", or you actually do sign for it, it's considered good service, and you have a deadline now - 35 days until default - also on the letter we send you. If you miss it, you're in default now, they can get their judgment. If you're not sure, call or come to the court. We will tell you what's going on - it's actually a lot easier and cheaper when these cases go to court and get settled or dismissed. Once they start collecting, now YOU are paying for their filing fees, attorney fees, service fees, the officer who is collecting's fee - 10% of the total amount - and whatever fees your bank or employer might levy against you. $15 is a LOT cheaper than all that.

Don't blame the court - we have the same procedure for all cases that come through, and theirs are less than special to us. Mostly because we get the blame for them. We have nothing to do with your alleged debts, valid or not. We are just forced by law to shoulder the duty of helping collect on them.

Resolved Pressler And Presslermistaken Identity

I recently received my tax refund directly deposited into my account, my account was frozen due to a lien put on by Pressler and Pressler. The problem is the lien was for someone else not me, upon trying to provide Pressler with the documentation without taking off of work became a nightmare. I tried 5 times to fax the information over, all different times of the day. I was then told the firm had one fax machine, obviously that is not enough. I have been getting the run around by them for over a week now, to prove to them something that could have been varified by my bank in one day. In the mean time automatic withdrawls have kicked out and I am losing money through overdrafts.

The sad thing is I can't get any assistance from a legal system which is suppose to protect me!

Resolved Pressler And PresslerFraudulent charges

I had owed a company called Beneficial money borrowed $2, 600.00. The company went out of business and I no longer got any bills from them. The company's doors were closed as well. I tried to get in touch with them and my letters went unanswered. Until one fine day almost 7 years ago, I got a certified letter from Pressler and Pressler. The letter stated that if I did not get in touch with them that they were taking me to court and better yet that I owed $8, 000.00.

I just had a new baby and was home on disability from my pregnancy. I called Pressler and Pressler and told them that I had tried to get in touch with the company but they were no longer around. I also told them that I only owed $2, 600.00. They informed me that the amount was now $8, 000.00 due to interest and attorney costs. I almost fell over. They also informed me that I needed to make payment arrangements asap. So, I didn't know what to do... they wanted my checking account information and my disability check information. Neither of which I gave them. I agreed to $50.00 a month and have been paying them that amount now for 7 years. I contacted an attorney and he couldn't really help me. He called them and they didn't want to talk to him, he sent them letters and finally he spoke to one of the attorney's there. Who was really rude. My attorney advised them that they could consider themselves to have one the lotto. That my payment of 50.00 would be in their office each month until it was paid.

The thing is it's 7 years later and I have called them to see what the balance is and they won't even tell me. They don't send me monthly invoices either. They are hoping that I forget a month so that they can take me to court. These people are a poor mistake of a human being and should be ashamed of themselves. There is and I am sure a spot in hell waiting for them. They are rotten people. I still do not know what is owed and they will not tell me and still 7 years later will not send me an invoice. So I just keep paying the $50.00 a month. I have paid the SOB's $4, 200.00. Hopefully they are putting this to my account. I have to believe that they are doing something that is unjust and illegal.

I have a friend that works in the court house in Bergen County, NJ and she told me that they have family members in the court house and the sherrifs office. I completely believe that now after reading all these people complaints. There is no debtors jail. How can they arrest people? Like I said there is definately a place in hell for these people.

• Sc
    scorpio Mar 11, 2009

I agree they sued me a credit card that went out of bussiness ... from there I fell like since they had my name they went and sued for a bill from verizon can anyone tell me they have been sued for $ 600.00 bill from verizon I know people who have owed them over a thousand dallors and has never been sued .. please watch out for this company ..

[email protected]

And our legal system is in on it!

third party debt collectors!!!

When you stop paying on a credit card debt,

They BUY a "BUNDLE" of this uncollected debt info from the original bank.

of uncollectable debt!

"XYC LLC" who now has title to your Bank of Bundi account in which you owe some
    ridiculous amount.

indicating your account "specifically" and the "charge Off" amount...

They will request a default judgement from the Judge..and he will grant it!

I knew what I was talking about and that they could't proof their case,
    IE get over on me...and they dismissed their suits...
    go here...http://www.budhibbs.com/index.html
    here Collection Agencies Illegal Practices ~ New Jersey

and here for a expose on tv

The reason the courts are usually on their side is "MONEY"
    each time they file its $15.00 fee, each time you answer its $15.00 fee,

you can email us at [email protected]
    for more info!!

• La
    Laurie Dec 02, 2009

HOW TO DEAL WITH ILLEGAL DEBT COLLECTION TACTICS USED BY PRESSLER AND PRESSLER

File complaints with

Federal Trade Commission https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

Your State Attorney General
    State Attorney General is every state they have offices

Link to all State Attorney General Websites www.naag.org

If you or they are located in NY – use this SPECIAL Link www.NYDebtHelp.com
    This special website was created by NY AG Andrew Cuomo specifically for reporting illegal debt collection practices. HE’S CRACKING DOWN AND SHUTTING THEM DOWN!

Also report your calls and contacts with debt collectors at http://www.budhibbs.com/index.html If the company is listed under agencies – report there. If not on the list YET, click on Watchlist! and add to the list. You can also post here http://www.collectorsexposed.com/forum2/index.php?board=2.0

Debt Collectors DO NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION!
    The INFORMED CONSUMER IS THE DEBT COLLECTORS WORST ENEMY!

Dealing with Debt Collectors

Statute of Limitations by State – always double check YOUR OWN STATE Government Website

Recording calls from Debt Collectors - always double check YOUR OWN STATE Government Website

From Federal Trade Commission Website – FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT
    Debt Collection FAQs: A Guide for Consumers
    If you’re behind in paying your bills, or a creditor’s records mistakenly make it appear that you are, a debt collector may be contacting you.
    The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), which prohibits debt collectors from using abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices to collect from you.
    Under the FDCPA, a debt collector is someone who regularly collects debts owed to others. This includes collection agencies, lawyers who collect debts on a regular basis, and companies that buy delinquent debts and then try to collect them.
    Here are some questions and answers about your rights under the Act.

What types of debts are covered?
    The Act covers personal, family, and household debts, including money you owe on a personal credit card account, an auto loan, a medical bill, and your mortgage. The FDCPA doesn’t cover debts you incurred to run a business.

Can a debt collector contact me any time or any place?
    No. A debt collector may not contact you at inconvenient times or places, such as before 8 in the morning or after 9 at night, unless you agree to it. And collectors may not contact you at work if they’re told (orally or in writing) that you’re not allowed to get calls there.

How can I stop a debt collector from contacting me?
    If a collector contacts you about a debt, you may want to talk to them at least once to see if you can resolve the matter – even if you don’t think you owe the debt, can’t repay it immediately, or think that the collector is contacting you by mistake. If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:
    Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received. Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt.

Can a debt collector contact anyone else about my debt?
    If an attorney is representing you about the debt, the debt collector must contact the attorney, rather than you. If you don’t have an attorney, a collector may contact other people – but only to find out your address, your home phone number, and where you work. Collectors usually are prohibited from contacting third parties more than once. Other than to obtain this location information about you, a debt collector generally is not permitted to discuss your debt with anyone other than you, your spouse, or your attorney.

What does the debt collector have to tell me about the debt?
    Every collector must send you a written “validation notice” telling you how much money you owe within five days after they first contact you. This notice also must include the name of the creditor to whom you owe the money, and how to proceed if you don’t think you owe the money.

Can a debt collector keep contacting me if I don’t think I owe any money?
    If you send the debt collector a letter stating that you don’t owe any or all of the money, or asking for verification of the debt, that collector must stop contacting you. You have to send that letter within 30 days after you receive the validation notice. But a collector can begin contacting you again if it sends you written verification of the debt, like a copy of a bill for the amount you owe.

What practices are off limits for debt collectors?
    Harassment. Debt collectors may not harass, oppress, or abuse you or any third parties they contact. For example, they may not:
    use threats of violence or harm;
    publish a list of names of people who refuse to pay their debts (but they can give this information to the credit reporting companies);
    use obscene or profane language; or
    repeatedly use the phone to annoy someone.

False statements. Debt collectors may not lie when they are trying to collect a debt. For example, they may not:
    falsely claim that they are attorneys or government representatives;
    falsely claim that you have committed a crime;
    falsely represent that they operate or work for a credit reporting company;
    misrepresent the amount you owe;
    indicate that papers they send you are legal forms if they aren’t; or
    indicate that papers they send to you aren’t legal forms if they are.

Debt collectors also are prohibited from saying that:
    you will be arrested if you don’t pay your debt;
    they’ll seize, garnish, attach, or sell your property or wages unless they are permitted by law to take the action and intend to do so; or
    legal action will be taken against you, if doing so would be illegal or if they don’t intend to take the action.

Debt collectors may not:
    give false credit information about you to anyone, including a credit reporting company;
    send you anything that looks like an official document from a court or government agency if it isn’t; or
    use a false company name.

Unfair practices. Debt collectors may not engage in unfair practices when they try to collect a debt. For example, they may not:
    try to collect any interest, fee, or other charge on top of the amount you owe unless the contract that created your debt – or your state law – allows the charge;
    deposit a post-dated check early;
    take or threaten to take your property unless it can be done legally; or
    contact you by postcard.

Can I control which debts my payments apply to?
    Yes. If a debt collector is trying to collect more than one debt from you, the collector must apply any payment you make to the debt you select. Equally important, a debt collector may not apply a payment to a debt you don’t think you owe.

Can a debt collector garnish my bank account or my wages?
    If you don’t pay a debt, a creditor or its debt collector generally can sue you to collect. If they win, the court will enter a judgment against you. The judgment states the amount of money you owe, and allows the creditor or collector to get a garnishment order against you, directing a third party, like your bank, to turn over funds from your account to pay the debt.
    Wage garnishment happens when your employer withholds part of your compensation to pay your debts. Your wages usually can be garnished only as the result of a court order. Don’t ignore a lawsuit summons. If you do, you lose the opportunity to fight a wage garnishment.

Can federal benefits be garnished?
    Many federal benefits are exempt from garnishment, including:
    Social Security Benefits
    Railroad Retirement Benefits
    Merchant Seamen Wages
    Longshoremen’s and Harbor Workers’ Death and Disability Benefits
    Foreign Service Retirement and Disability Benefits
    Compensation for Injury, Death, or Detention of Employees of U.S. Contractors Outside the U.S.
    Federal Emergency Management Agency Federal Disaster Assistance
    But federal benefits may be garnished under certain circumstances, including to pay delinquent taxes, alimony, child support, or student loans.

Do I have any recourse if I think a debt collector has violated the law?
    You have the right to sue a collector in a state or federal court within one year from the date the law was violated. If you win, the judge can require the collector to pay you for any damages you can prove you suffered because of the illegal collection practices, like lost wages and medical bills. The judge can require the debt collector to pay you up to $1, 000, even if you can’t prove that you suffered actual damages. You also can be reimbursed for your attorney’s fees and court costs. A group of people also may sue a debt collector as part of a class action lawsuit and recover money for damages up to $500, 000, or one percent of the collector’s net worth, whichever amount is lower. Even if a debt collector violates the FDCPA in trying to collect a debt, the debt does not go away if you owe it.

What should I do if a debt collector sues me?
    If a debt collector files a lawsuit against you to collect a debt, respond to the lawsuit, either personally or through your lawyer, by the date specified in the court papers to preserve your rights.

Where do I report a debt collector for an alleged violation?
    Report any problems you have with a debt collector to your state Attorney General’s office (www.naag.org) and the Federal Trade Commission (www.ftc.gov). Many states have their own debt collection laws that are different from the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Your Attorney General’s office can help you determine your rights under your state’s law.

For More Information
    To learn more about debt collection and other credit-related issues, visit www.ftc.gov/credit and MyMoney.gov, the U.S. government’s portal to financial education.
    The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The FTC enters consumer complaints into the Consumer Sentinel Network, a secure online database and investigative tool used by hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad
    February 2009

Resolved Pressler And Pressler — Scam and cheating!

I went to check my account balance before writing my rent check and to my horror saw that my entire checking...