Hargrave And Associates Complaints & Reviews

Hargrave And AssociatesI paid 200.00 for credit repair and this company did nothing to repair my credit but kept my money

My name is Belinda McHellen and i'm making a complaint because I was online looking for a company to repair my credit and ran across some complaints about Hargrave and associates and this company also scam me as well. Back in 2002 or around the year of 2002, I signed a contract with Hargrave and associates to repair my credit but low and behold this company said the did not do anything with my case because I did not contact them within 30 days so they closed my case and have no information for me. In other words the took my 200.00 and ran. Now I see that I was not the only person they have do this to and this company needs to be stopped. if you need more information or need to contact me, I can be located at [protected].

Hargrave And AssociatesStay away

I sign up with hargrave and associates a year about 8 months ago i paid 250 dollars for them to clear my credit. after finding out that they wasn't living up to there agreement i started calling asking to speak to a supervisor but they never let me they always had an excuse and then i tried to call and the call wouldn't go through. i am very upset they have all my personal information and they took my 250 dollars without doing the job they were paid to do. i really hope something can be done about this.

Hargrave And AssociatesNoting was done

I was given an ad in 2005 in Atlanta, GA from a company called Hargrave and Asssociates proclaming they can clean up my credit. All they did was tell me what they can do and how they can do it...once I payed the $250, there was no change to my score 6 months after the program was over and I never received my credit score. They also told me if I ever need future clean-up's done on my credit it would be done for free and I can't even find a WORKING # on the company. I am so tired of begin ripped off from lousy azz company's that say they can help...I want my money back, I do not care if it has been years later I want it all back and I am going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureur.

Hargrave And AssociatesGhetto & Fraudulent!

Like magic- Hargrave and Associates will take your $250 and make it disappear! I signed up with this company because they were cheap and somewhat appealing, and lets face it, I was more willing to risk $250, than $500, so I bought into their scam last February (2008), and never heard from them again. I called them in March, to see where my welcome package was- and the agent/representative that I spoke with was so loud-raunchy and ghetto, she spoke to me like I was her "home girl" and was like, "girl-letme see where yo stuff is", at that point I knew I was ripped off and hung up the phone. Several months later, I called them again out of curiosity and, they pretended - they knew who I was and claimed they'd been trying to get in contact with me- what a hoax!

Hargrave And AssociatesCredit Repair

I went thru this company in 2007 and i did not see not one letter to show any repair was being done. But after going to the CreditRepairCalendar.com i purchased the calendar to repair my on credit legally and now i see on on difference. I tell everyone to do it yourself.

• Ti
    Timothy wright May 28, 2009

The same thing happened to me i sent everything they asked for and i haven't seen and difference in my credit i think they made it worest i hope theres a lawsuit for this company if so please contact me at [email protected]

• Al
    alliedtrustdiamond Jun 07, 2009

There are literally hundreds of credit repair websites and a lot of them try to guarantee success but the reality is most of them are just a waste of money. They use methods of repairing your credit you can do yourself if you simply google credit repair templates. Their process is very lengthy and requires months and even years to get a lot of things removed and sometimes the bad marks can come back as some companies are very persistent, especially if you still owe them money.

The only guaranteed method to repair your credit is to pay off the old bills and get your derogatory balances to $0. "Well that isn't very helpful" is probably what you are saying. Since none of us just have cash laying around to do that there are other things you can do that are guaranteed to increase your FICO score practically overnight and start rebuilding your credit.

It's actually very simple. Sign up for Millennium Secured Credit Card and send them $300. Buy $90 worth of groceries on it and make the payments. Keep the balance under $90. Then sign up for www.alliedtrustdiamond.com and get a $10, 000 unsecured credit card, buy something and make the payments. Do a google search for USA Shopping Club and sign up with them for $12, 500 unsecured credit card buy something and make the payments, Eclub USA and get your $3, 500 credit card and finally Horizon Gold and get your $500 credit card.

Once all of these companies report to the credit bureaus you are going to see an immediate increase in your FICO score. Guaranteed. Then you can work on getting the bad marks paid off and removed. It's much easier to get them permanently deleted if you don't owe them any more money.

• Se
    Serenity1 Aug 04, 2010

I have sigh up with Hargrave and Associates to repair my husband and my credit and didn't see anything they have done. I've been trying to call but there number no longer work. Can you tell me what is the next step to get my money back.

Hargrave And Associatesmislead/scammed

hi i sign up with hargrave and associates a year about 8 months ago i paid 250 dollars for them to clear my credit. after finding out that they wasn't living up to there agreement i started calling asking to speak to a supervisor but they never let me they always had an excuse and then i tried to call and the call wouldn't go through. i am very upset they have all my personal information and they took my 250 dollars without doing the job they were paid to do. i really hope something can be done about this.

hiltton Jan 28, 2009

I know I did not want to pay any one but I wanted a house I found this company Agape Credit Service.com and they are a .com they had many plans to choose from and I did not pay until the work was done. Hardgarve and his wife have a law suite on them they made 5 million in 07 and no credit was fixed. I contacted an atterney so I can get something when the suite is settled and they go by BSFcredit.com

Hargrave And AssociatesOver a year, still no repairs

October 2007 I decided to put trust with Hargrave and Associates to repair my credit. They told me it will take 4 months to repair. After waiting 6 months for results and not receiving any, I ask the representative that I spoke to on the phone for the supervisor because they could not answer why my credit has not been fixed. Twice I was disconnected for some strange reason. Yet to this day I have not received anything in the mail as to why my credit has not been repaired. This so called company is another prime example of a rip off. I was better off taking the $250.00 and repairing my own credit.

hiltton Jan 28, 2009

I know I did not want to pay any one but I wanted a house I found this company Agape Credit Service and they are a .com they had many plans to choose from and I did not pay until the work was done. Hardgarve and his wife have a law suite on them they made 5 million in 07 and no credit was fixed. I contacted an atterney so I can get something when the suite is settled and they go by BSFcredit.com

• Ba
    Babydoll Jan 29, 2009

You should call Help Me Howard, on channel 7 news or Shame On You (unsure of what channel) but they always seem to recover people's losses. Good Luck and thank you because I was going to go through Hargrove & Associates before I came across this complaint board.

• Ta
    tasha Feb 12, 2009

TO EVERYONE THAT HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH HARGRAVE AND ASSOSCIATES THEY ARE USING ANOTHER NAME NOW, AND THERE CONTACT NUMBER IS 888-808-9328

• Ki
    KIMyata Bryant Feb 19, 2009

OH MY GOD, I JOINED ON WITH HARGRAVES IN 2006 AND I TOO NEVER GOT ANY RESULTS FROM THEM. I PAID THAT COMPANY $250 OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY AND THOSE PEOPLE LIED TO ME OVER AND OVER. AFTER A WHILE YOU GET TRIED OF CALLING. BUT I'M GLAD I RAN ACROSS THIS. I HOPE THERE IS A CLASS ACTION SUITE IN THE MAKING. THIS IS CRAZY AS ALL GET OUT. PEOPLE ARE TRYIN TO MAKE A BETTER LIFE FOR THEMSELVES AND COMPANIES LIKE THIS ARE TAKING OUR MONEY.

• Le
    Lemons Feb 25, 2009

Everyone needs to know that anything that can be fixed on your credit can be fixed by you.

Bad credit is bad credit and NO ONE but the creditor can change that for you.

If it is recent bad credit - it's going no where. It has to be paid in full at least for 3 years with a history of paying your bills on time to show you have become responsible.

If you are always late paying - no one can help you until you learn to pay your bills.

It took me a while to get my credit straightened out, first I had to learn about FICO score - if your score sucks so does your credit.

You have to learn to control your spending, get out of as much debt as possible and pay your bills on time. After 3 years of dependable credit showing that you pay and on time - you get a free copy of your credit report and start writing letters to the companies. Tell them you are sorry for the late pays and that for the past 3 years you have paid bills on time and you would like them to remove the bad marks against your credit.

Don't try to lie to them, they will check. I only had one refuse to help me with my credit score. The credit report has the name and phone number for every creditor you have. Use that information to your advantage.

• Lo
    Loray Jun 25, 2009

I agree with Lemons. The only person that can fix your credit is yourself. I done it before and it brought my score up tremendously, but I got myself back in the same situation and now I am trying to get myself out. I have thought about going to these fly-by-night credit repair places, but if you think about it, it will be back on there sooner than you know it. You pay all this money to get it repaired and they only handle it for for six months and after that...you are on your own. I rather pay my money out of my pocket to clean my own credit knowing that I did something worth my time and money. Don't look for a quick fix because you will only regret it later.

Hargrave And Associates — Credit Repair Scam

Hargrave and Associates might be out of business but BFS Credit Services is not. This company is still...

Hargrave And AssociatesFix my Credit

I signed up with Hargrave and Associates in March of 2008. I did not no about the ### that was going on until I tried to apply for credit . I was told that I pulled mt credit too soon by Hargrave and Associates and that I will have to wait another 45 days. I was told that I would receive my credit score in the mail along with a certificate saying that I had completed the course. I have yet to receive anything and it has been 9 ###ing months. I am soooo pissed off that it aint funny.

• Li
    Lisy Mar 04, 2009

My husband and I signed up with Hargrave back in Dec 2007. We paid $450 for both of us & were told it will take a process of 6months. We would receive a credit report saw some changes but then we stopped receiving anything from the credit agencies and Hargrave. We called following up they said we are at the last stages & should be receiving a letter with credit scores & we never did. Then they said we completed everything & gave us another tel# to call because someone else was handling our accts & when I called some woman by the name Kim stated I needed to pay additional $150 to repair what wasnt taken off my credit which I never went thru with it thank God cause we already lossed $450 which we couldve just used to pay a debt off in the first place lol... I know its not a laughing matter but Im pissed off as it is!!!

Hargrave And AssociatesMy credit score is still the same money gone

I paid Hargrave And Associates $250 in Feb 2008 with a credit card for them to fix my credit and the Rep I spoke with said that they could clean everything off the credit except for student loads and it would take 6 months and sometimes it may take longer depending on how fast the credit breau. When they finished they would send me a copy of your credit report and score . I spoke to someone in Oct and the lady said that she was going to have them to send out my credit report and when I did not not get a credit report I tried to call and the line was busy they did take off somethings but my credit score did not change. I want to know what do I do now that they are out of business?

• Te
    terry w isaac Dec 09, 2008

I paid Hargraves and Associates $350 in feb, 2008 by moneygram to have me and my wifes credit repaired, the rep. that i spoke with garrenteed me in 6mos. the neg. stuff on my credit report would be wiped off, i called them back in auguast, they told me within a month i would see difference in it, I've been calling them for the last three months the phone would ring an hangup, now it's December the phone rings an you get a busy signal. I feel like i have been scammed, I want know if they or out of bussiness, an if they are what do i do now. please respond to this. thank you.

• Di
    dionte torbert Dec 10, 2008

The same thing happen to me as terry w isaac

• Di
    dionte torbert Dec 10, 2008

I paid Hargraves and Associates $512 out of my banking account for me and my finance' on june 3 to repair our credit together, yeah they wipe one thing off my credit but there were no changes in my score or hers we been calling since Oct. and there no answer. Money is hard to come by now i still have to file chapter 7, are they out of business and if so how can we get our money back.

• Am
    Amanda Darden Dec 18, 2008

Me to, I cant pull the company up on the web now, I want my money back!!!

• Bd
    B Davis Dec 23, 2008

I agree wholeheartedly!! I paid them $250 in June. When I called back in August to check the status, the representative was not helpful, she was quite short and rude and simply stated that they had begun work on my file. However, I have been calling since then and I have not been able to get in touch with anyone and NOTHING has changed on my credit report. I call and there is a fast busy signal all of the time no matter when you call, and the website it no longer available. I definitely want my money back!! And I surely want to know if there is anything that can be done if they have gone out of business!! It makes no sense for people to be scandalous!! Times are hard across the board for everyone, but you have to just be a low down person to steal from people who are truly seeking help to try and change their situations!!

• To
    toria Jan 04, 2009

me too. i paid 250 for the service and 69 for the credit card they said they would send. I never got the card and when i called back a month later the phone line stayed busy. So now i am out of 349 and they didnt finish what they started my credit is still the same. What do i do about this?

• Gl
    glory Jan 10, 2009

I agree to all comments I'm sorry that this have happen to all of the writers however like some of you I heard the advertisement on the radio in immediately got happy. So in April of 2008 I called in sign up paid my 250 in I was on my way I went on getting reports from the creditors so I was like YES I'm getting my credit straight I went to the First Time Buyers Class I told everyone what I was doing so they was happy the point I'm making is in Nov I called the number to ask a question for a friend I didn't get in contact with anyone like of you said a busy signal so I thought maybe it was because it was the holiday so I tried again this time a machine came on stated something about a rebate so I push a num then a women came to the phone in said she never heard of hargraves I ask how long they had this num she told me 4 years I was shock but I said it was GOD to those who believe because my credit is straight in I'm on my way getting a house built. So I just feel I was BLESSED!!! IN no you get find it on the internet so noone is CRAZY

• Tp
    t parrish Jan 12, 2009

I was listen to the steve harvey morning show and someone from the company was on the show. I thought this would be a reputable company since this person was on the show. I WAS SOOOOO WRONG. first clue was the way they the billed my credit card something by the name of entertainment. I called right away and of course i was told something STUPID like that's the way that they bill. yeah i received somethings from the credit bues but my credit score is the same. I think it's a dam shame we can't put our trust in a black owned company and they follow thru with what they are advertising! I am sick and discussed and want my money back. If someone is out there that can help...please contact me.

Hargrave And Associates — Scam billing

I signed on w/Hargrave and Associates at the end of September. I received the welcome package and sent in my...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices