TGIF Complaints & Reviews

TGIF Alex (Bar Manager) very racist, unprofessional and unacceptable behavior

Around 1130pm, August 26, 2016, we celebrated my husband birthday with our niece and friend at Fridays #5332, 50 Bayonne Crossing Way, Bayonne NJ 07002 with Telephone number 201.339.5904. We situated ourselves in the bar and our friend forgot his identification. Alex, the bar manager told us that our friend will not be allowed in the bar and if we want to stay we can dine in the dinning room. I clarified with our server if we can still dine with the happy hour menu %50 discount for appetizer and she said that should not be a problem and she will informed the dinning room server that we came from the bar. We ate for about an hour, the bill came to all regular prices, Shadequa our new server in the dinning room was very professional and very approachable. We spoke to our server and said that there has been a mistake in our bill after a minute, Alex came and said that the prices in bar doesn't apply in the dinning room. I explained to him that we were promised by the server in the bar that we would be honour for the %50 discount. He disagreed and was very argumentative stating to me that the no one has the authority to make that decision. I asked if we can talk to someone else, owner perhaps. He said that TGIF is owned by TGIF. He also had the audacity to tell me that he doesn't appreciate my attitude. He never apologized and he said he was going to remove "2" items on regular prices from our bill but because of my attitude he will not do that. I explained to him that I will never come back to TGIF, the way he handle the situation was unacceptable. I told him, I don't have a problem paying the bill if I was notified in the very beginning. He was very rude, very argumentative and doesn't have any managerial customer service skills. He was very racist and doesn't care about our customer satisfaction. Please investigate and have the appropriate corrective action.

TGIF Really bad service

Had very bad service with the all u can eat endless app.We had five people in our group including my three kids, three of us ordered entrées and me and one of my kids ordered all u can eat app.The food came out find we all got our food and when I finished the all u can eat app the first round, we never got anything else we waited 25min for him to ask us if we were ready to get the third round but we never received the second round and he was asking about the third round already, so I got the manager for an explanation but she was clueless, I will never go back to tgif u have lost my business get real people who care about there job.

TGIF Customer Service

It was upsetting that I attempted to call T.G.I.F four times just to get my to-go order taken. I was either hung up on, or kept on hold for more than 5 minutes.

• Ta
          Taylorh2 Apr 01, 2013

It was Easter. GET OVER IT.

• Ka
          kaityyH Mar 16, 2011

I work at TGIF and it sounds like the bartender might have actually been the one who was taking care of you and the server who had a near by section was just bringing the food out to you. That's why the bartender knew that your breadsticks were going to be coming out shortly. Being a server can be a hard job and maybe it was busy and they were just overwhelmed. I'm sorry you feel like you had bad service.

• Ca
          Carl S Feb 20, 2011

I understand that you got bad service and that's horrible. Based on your use of the English language, you are not highly educated. This will sound horrible, but stereotypes exist for a reason. I've worked in the service industry for over 4 years while attending college, and togo orders and people who dont say please and thank you statically DON'T TIP, and when you're trying to pay tuition you do what's in your best interest.

• Vo
          voguemodel Jul 29, 2010

Since i moved to west plano and i been dining at this TGI Fridays location for a while, i have been having issues with this restaurant for about 3 yrs now, , i stopped giving them my business for about a year, thinking that management would have clean this location up with some better customer service people, , but i see its still the same, , and it will never changed, , i come to find out that now, , this is all RACIAL ISSUES and this is really sad to know this still exist, , , you dont stereo type people because the main person you treat unfair, , is the same person that might give you a TIP or just a good word to the manager that the server was GREAT, , , but at the same time, , people dont care about that, , once you are prejudice and born with that mentality on Racial issues its in your blood for LIFE, , but those kind of people will be handle by GOD, , , , at this location in plano west, , , i have documents, dates, receipt, name of the people that serve me and the whole nine to build a case and sue this place Royally !! i have 7 witness that have experienced the same exact thing, , , , that i been thru and guess what ?? they all are Afro American and they also have their documents as well, , , these Restaurants need to be careful and start hiring better more quality people, , , and you never know who's who and know people with the Law

i have my receipt on every visit and I document everything everytime i visit this location becuse i know this sitution will occur again, , , on July. 29, 2010 at 6:10 pm, , , , , I came into the Restaurant, , , went to the bar and got me a 1 Margarita and place my order at the same time, , , , and seated myself and sit by the window, , , where i can see the traffic outside, , this stocky tall muscle guy that work, , this area.. never came to take my order but he took all the other people orders, , gave them all great customer service, , , and he made 3 trips to all 3 tables, , , and never said word to me, , , he brought me my food that i ordered, , but didn't ask whether i need anything else or nothing, , but i wasn't nieve i notice the tension when he arrived at my table, , , the only thing, he said to me that my bread sticks will be done shortly, , and the only reason he said that little to me because the bar tender told him to tell me that, , this area was assign to this guy and he didn't make no effort to bring me my bread sticks, , because he act like he had an attitude when he brought my food to me, , , he wasn't nice or friendly at all, , , , , sooo the Bartender Joe brought me my bread sticks and napkin, , , , it was very embarrassing because the people that was sitting in that area notice what was going on, , , , , , he went to each table and ask them, , do they need anything, , , this guy never look at me and never acknowlede me all, , , , it was like the table, , , i was sitting at was an open table, , the more i sit there, , the more i got more upset, , , , , , i wanted something else to drink or some water but not him or anyone bother to come to my Table, , , to ask whether i was okay or in need for anything, , , , , as long as i been here, , my 5 years, , i have never ever gotten this treatment from no restaurant and i give GREAT TIPS everytime i go there or any restaurants because i am soo big on customer service and being treated and fair, , , , , please check my Resume, , , On The Border in West Plano on West Parker they know me very well because i give tons of money to their waitresses and bar tenders and they have the best customer service ever, , , but its sad i have to drive on Parker to on the border to get treated like a human being, , , sooo, , , i went to the Bar and told the bar tender to tab me out, , , while i was waiting for my tab, , , the tall stocky guy that work that area, , was at my table cleaning off my table, , , i dont know where he came from but clearly he was some where watching me at the whole time, , , because he knew, , , when i was done for him to come clean up my table, , so i ask the bar tender, , , whether he was the one working that area and he confirm to me that, , , , Yes he is the one that has that area, , , , and i told him, , how the guy ignored me and look over me and didn't bother to ask me whether I need anything, , , i told him that it wasn't right and that wasn't fair, , , the bar tender kept sayin " Pam we will take care of it" he repeated 2 times as i was signing my receipt, and i still gave a $5 Tip, , even though i had the worst service but it not in my heart to be dirty because God will Bless Me, , , and that's the reason why i am soo Blessed financially, , but he will get he's, , but knew, , , the bar tender knew, , , what is was because the way his facial expression was, , , , because the bar tender had to bring the bread sticks to me, , , evidently the stocky guy that was assign to that area told the bartender..something regarding to not serving me, , , , , see this is a inside thing, , , and you can see and pick up all signs of the workers when things like this occur, , , and you can tell when they are discussing the situation

TGIF The staff is immature, arrogant,uneducated,pathetic,ghetto and behave like animals

Well, my god daughter and I took a very long trip to the TGIF located in 71st and Continental avenue in Queens and had the worst experience ever!! The employees were disrespectful, and arrogant. One employee screamed and made obscene gestures, another walked around muttering profanity while my god daughter and many other parents in the establishment looked in disbelief. It was horrible! They acted like hoodlums and i’ll be blunt: They were ghetto. I resorted to speaking with the manager who offered no form of restitution.

She simply stated that she will speak to her staff. I hate to play the race card, but in all honesty – I told the manager that had my God daughter and I been Caucasian, we would’ve had our entire tab covered and would’ve received a proper apology. I hate that TGIF and would not visit it in the future. The staff is immature, arrogant, uneducated, pathetic, ghetto and behave like animals.

• SKOR May 11, 2012

Sounds like you were fishing for a free meal. I find it ironic that you accuse the staff of being immature and uneducated (how do you know about their education?), yet go on to refer to them as being 'ghetto'.

Anyways, Queens is not a small town - once you saw the employee scream and make a rude gesture, you should have just left. Since you instead chose to stay, and ate the food - you are obligated to pay for it.

• Th
            The Ogre May 11, 2012

Your first mistake was making a long trip to a TGIF to eat.

TGIF SMELLS LIKE SEWER PLANT

IN REFERENCE TO THE T.G.I.F RESTAURANT LOCATED ON PARKER ROAD AND CHAMBERS THE BATHROOMS SMELLS LIKE A SEWER PLANT. I HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT
          THE SEWER SMELL AND I'M TOLD NOTHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT. THE LAST VISIT WAS ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I WILL VISIT THIS
          T.G.I.F. LOCATION.

EUGENE MARES/19023 E. CHENANGO CIRCLE/AURORA, COLORADO 80015
          HOME [protected]/CELL [protected]/[protected]@gmail.com

• Sr
              srchng4care May 21, 2011

i thought that too when i read it why is it necessary to post your home AND cell AANNNDDD address ??? #justsayinn!

• Sr
              srchng4care May 21, 2011

i dont know why i find it so funny lol