Cheesecake Factory Complaints & Reviews

Cheesecake Factoryfood and service

Had dinner at our family favorite local restaurant in Redondo Beach, as we do for almost every celebratory occasion. We also eat at the Chessecake Factory in Palo Alto, when visiting our son while he attends Stanford University. On Friday night, the 23rd of June, we had dinner at peak hour...6:30-7:30 PM. Our food took a bit longer than usual which was ok due to busy Friday night. But, the food was under par, not satisfactory for the quality that we usually get at this particular store. The Factory Burger that I ordered was minimal, very small beef pattie with hardly any cheddar cheese on it, like it was thrown on just to get it out. And, it was cold, had been sitting there for a while, before it was brought to table. My son's Orange Chix didn't look the same. Rice was not appealing as it was just spread out flat and not in usaul nice scooped mound. Chic portions also cold and spread out and not in nice appealing mound. My wife's salmon kale salad was ok, as it was first time that she orders it. Lastly, my younger son which ordered the Southern Fried Chix Sliders had to wait for his order as the rest of us ate and were almost done with our dinner before Sliders were served. I didn't want to complain there, as it was very busy and Heather, our server was nice and doing her best. I don't want anything, just want to get this info back to that store...as it is our favorite place to go, and we will be back. We totally did not get what we went there for on this given night. And now some suggestions...as I have been in restaurant business in the past. Please do not serve burger on sourdough bread!!! Unless, u can make a burger sourdough bun. It is not appealing and texture is not right for ground beef. Also, you need manager to walk the floor in between tables on the busiest of nights. To insure that all meals are delivered, served at the same time.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Cheesecake Factorytip amount altered

I went to dinner with a friend had one glass of wine and we each had an entree. The bill came to 48.69. I added a 8.00 tip or around 20%. When I checked my credit card 2 days later it said our bill was 123.69..I almost had a heart attack. Apparently 80.00 was added for the tip. I called the manager disputing this amount and thankfully had the receipt but not the tip portion for my receipt. The manager sounded surprised that I didn't want to leave 80.00 for a tip or 200%. He actually argued with me about it. I think that is such bad customer service and so completely ridiculous. I told him to clear it up or I was going to dispute it with American Express. I really think that these people need to use some common sense.
    Just my two cents.

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
      • Bo
        bop Nov 13, 2008

Sounds like the one at northstar mall, in sa tx.
        I always pay with cash to avoid these problems.