Shoppers Discount Complaints & Reviews

Shoppers Discount — Taking money without my permission

I am writing to complain about shoppers discount, I have no idea who they are and i have never knowingly...

Shoppers Discountunauthorised subscription charges

i noticed on my credit card statement that £10 had been deducted for shoppers discount on investigating further i found that i had been debited £10 for the last ten months i contacted my credit card company who informed me that i had signed up for this through ebookers i do remember clicking on the £15 refund but had no idea i had authorised payments of £10 per month
i telephoned shoppers discount [protected] or [protected] (cannot remember which) and was advised the last three months membership could be refunded and any further refunds required i would have to complete their refund application form my membership was cancelled (cancellation number given) and confirmed by email the refund application form was sent via an email which i printed completed and sent back to shoppers discount i received a full refund within seven days!!

Maryo Jun 13, 2011

Hello Kazvic:

I just read your post and I would very much like to provide you with more information on Shopper Discounts & Rewards. I recommend you visit our online member forum, http://bit.ly/gy87cg where you can ask a question directly to our Community Manager. Alternatively, if you have a specific question regarding your credit card and membership I strongly recommend you contact me directly at [email protected] If you do contact me directly please reference this forum.

Regards,
    Maryo
    Cusotmer Service

Shoppers Discountno contract ever signed

My husband has only just noticed that 10 pounds sterling were being debited each month from his account for subscription to a company called shopperdiscounts. (Is this shopperdiscounts direct complaint page ?) It has been going on for months if not years but he is not very good at checking his statements because he is very unwell and I do not check them on his behalf because all the bills are paid through my account and I have never felt the need to do do.
My husband has never signed any sort of agreement with the company. He has never used the internet in his entire life.
I called the bank today and they said it was not a direct debit payment so they could not stop it. I then went on the net and found many similar complaints.
You will no doubt get my email address through this mail and if not, it is [protected]@wanadoo.fr.
I request immediate reimbursement for the fee that has been charged from day one. Unless I am provided with a written signed proof of agreement between my husband and the company within the next couple of days, I shall not only contact our bank again but alert all the relevant authorities in Europe and world wide about what "I" consider to be fraud.
Regards, Eve Labbett

Shoppers DiscountDeducting £10 from barclaycard with NO authorization

Myself, along with clearly 100s of others have found themselves in a scam of having an amount deducted per month from their credit card for no reason. This company does not appear to exist www.shoppersdiscount.co.uk.
I have lost a large amount of money to them, money that I do not have, and for which I get no product or service.
I would be grateful to know if this organization is being investigated, and if any compensation is possible.
Kind regards
Francesca Wade

Shoppers Discount$12 charge

I got charged $12 since MAY!!! Way back when i ordered a set of prints to hang in my house...and then this coupon came up for me to save $10 off my next purchace. Ya, that was a scam. Once i clicked it, it took my credit card information and started to charge me $12 a month until i JUST noticed today!! 6 months later!!! OMG i am so mad. I called the number [protected] and told the customer service rep straight away that i never agreed to get this subscription and i know its a scam. I can see online that others have complained of this charge and i want a full refund. The guy didnt hesitate. He was calm and took my info, was able to pull up my account and boom. The next thing i know he says he will credit me $72. It will take up to 3 days to show on my credit card, but its going back on there. I was mad as hell people!!

i want you all to watch your card and watch what you click when you are on website. Do not EVER click on a coupon for $10 off any site. I also noticed those coupons pop up on dominos.com and pizzahut.com...

never ever click them. This shoppersdiscount company takes your credit card number and starts charging away. You may not realize until way later that its on there. Because if you are like me, you just make the minimal payment and think nothing of the extra charge b.c your card is close to maxed out as it is so you think nothing of it. Am i right? well just BEWARE.

I will contact the BBB and let them know. No way im not. They are going to be reported. Those SOB's will pay for charging me. Half the time my card got denied and i thought "HUH??" for going to buy something. Its because of this extra $12 charge that i had no idea was going on!!!

BEWARE!!! Call that number: [protected] right away and they will refund you the money. Just do it. At least you will get your money back...

Shoppers DiscountUnauthorised deductions from bank account

Shoppers Discount have been taking £10 from my bank account for the past (I believe) 6 months at least. I can't even remember how it started now because it's so long ago, and I had forgotten about it till I started checking my statements. I asked my bank to stop paying out because I had not authorised the ongoing payment, and initially I thought they had done so. But today I find another £20 deducted on my current statement, £10 at the beginning of June and £10 at the beginning of July. I rang my bank and they said as it's a debit card I would have to ring the Fraud Department. I am just about to do this, as I am extremely angry, partly with myself for not noticing this cheap trick before, but mostly with Shoppers Discount for being so unscrupulous.

Shoppers Discount — Unauthorised payments from my account

On closely checking my internet bank account i noticed a pattern of £10 each month since February being...

Shoppers DiscountFraudulent charges

The problems likely started when I bought something from Buy.com, and somehow my Amex account started getting billed $12.00 by Shoppers Discount. Charges in the same amount were also placed on my Amex account by a similar company, Reservation Rewards.

Altogether these companies placed approximately $180.00 on my Amex card. Amex has reversed some, but possibly not all of the charges (I need to spend more time scrutinizing some previous Amex statements.

These companies are affiliated with a Norwalk, CT-based company called WebLoyalty.com

I have reported these unauthorized charges to the office of my State Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division.

Folks, these are hard times. With the economy in meltdown mode, electronic debit scams are a growing problem. Please be vigilant. I had difficulty scrutinizing my financial statements for several months last year because of vision problems that required surgery on both eyes. Don't let these scams happen to you!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices