Salute Credit Card Complaints & Reviews

Salute Credit Cardfraud

I've always paid my credit card on time and I found out that salute credit card cancelled my card several months ago. I got on the phone with them to find out what was going on and they couldn't give me an answer. They still are charging me monthly maintenance fees and charging me interest. Something needs to be done with this crap company. They should be prosecuted.

4 Responses
    • Lm
      Lmcee Nov 21, 2019

I just got a call from supposedly a lawyer who is supposedly working for Salute to sue me for not paying this credit card off back in 2007. It’s now 2019! I’ve never to my knowledge had possession of this card, never received any pending/non pending collection letter from them, & it’s never been on my credit report. They are suing me for $2500 which is the supposed amount I owe $300 plus 12 yrs of interest! Then they want $2500 more on top of that for their trouble in going to court?! They will not show me any proof now that I owe this $. That ‘must be handled in court’

• 78
      78Raiders Mar 02, 2009

These idiots chardged me an opening fee of $150.00 and guess where it was put...on the credit card. I was never told about it until I received a bill from them. They also changed my rate from 7.9% to 21% without even using the card. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

• Cl
      clay2009 Feb 18, 2009

i got the card tring to get good credit back up i pay them
      then right out of no ware they cancile it right out whats up wiht
      that to me its not fair at all

• Gl
      Gloria Martin Feb 03, 2009

My name is Gloria Martin, I have tried to get with the credit card company but they inform me that it no longer exists. I don't know what to do. My email address is [email protected] The credit card company is Salute credit card.

Salute Credit Card — Untheical Practices

Two years ago I closed this account because they charged me an annual fee which put my credit card over the...

Salute Credit Cardfraud and dishonesty

A few months after obtaining the Salute credit card they increased my credit limit two consecutive months and then showed a zero credit limit. I called about no credit available and was informed that the card was closed. I stopped making payments on the account since I was told it was closed but began to receive late fees and over the limit charges on the statements. I called and was informed that they did me a favor by increasing my credit limit. When they increased the credit limit I had paid the balance owed and did not have a balance due but after charging late fees and other fees to accomodate the credit increase I ended up being billed double the increase.

1 Response
      • Em
        embtosew Jan 11, 2010

Having same issues with salute and imagine cards which are the same company. Also now showing on my credit reports and closed by consumer! And is listed two different times and also by a company named Tribute now. I just entered a complaint to the FTC.gov web site tonight. Others should also file a complaint to the FTC about these pratices.
        www.FTC.gov

This is trashing my credit scores bad.

Salute Credit CardFees

This particular credit card is charging fees after canceling my account. First they raise the limit, recently, they raised the rate.

I like to pay online to make it fast and to get a confirmation number. If I paid by check, it might not make it to the office. Others have said how they've sent in checks and the company Salute, claims they did not receive it. So, I definitely do not want to send in checks. By paying online, I get a confirmation number. They cahrge $4.95 for that. One would pay $15.00 by phone, plus a monthly maintenance fee. Why r they charging a monthly maintenance fee if one is not using the card and they are the one who chose to cancel it.
      After my payment is sent in, they tack on the fees which brings the total right back up again. Other cards I have do not do that. It's called ripping off the consumer. Never ending water fall of charges. It has to stop.

Respond

Salute Credit CardCancelling Card issues

I was issued a credit card in 09/06...My card was canceled this last fall within a week a receiving a credit line increase to $500...I made all of my payments on time, and most of the time over the amount owed for the month... OK first slap in the face...
        The guy with customer service told me well you can apply for an account with Tribute Mastercard...So I did and got that card same bank basically for both...
        Today I received a letter stating that if I pay down my account with Salute I can get cash back up to $118...Hmmmm sounds great, if only I hadn't paid off my card on Friday...This being Wednesday...On the phone with them again...A middle east guy working customer service told me there was nothing they could do...Spoke to supervisor, guess what nothing they could do...I dont think it is fair and I feel that we should get our fees back...
        Speaking of fees...When I paid off my account I did not pay the internet fee of $4.95 to pay over the net...Well now I still had a balance of $4.95 due to that, Once again contacted customer service, Once again told could do nothing...So to pay my balance again completely in full I had to pay $4.95 balance plus another $4.95 fee to pay the first fee to have a $0 balance...
        I am with anyone else on class action civil suit...
        AND IF YOU DIDNT CATCH IT IN THE FIRST PART OF MY COMPLAINT TRIBUTE IS THE SAME COMPANY...BEWARE IT MAY HAPPEN TO THAT CARD AS WELL!!!

1 Response
            Sacerheed Jun 10, 2009

I had a Salute credit card until they cancelled the program last fall. Although I understand I still owed the principal and the current APR, they were still charging me a $9.95 a month account maintance fee for the "Priviledge of maintaining an account". That "privilege" was the $1500 credit line that was taken away, therefore there should not continue to be an account maintence fee. This, added to the APR, brings it to a whopping 28% APR. Paying the minimum payment of $41 per month, only $8.90 went to the principal. It would take nearly 13 years to pay off the loan and the total payments come to over $6200 dollars, when the principal was only $1367. That's over 4-1/2 times the original amount! I spoke to two customer service reps over the phone and was told there was nothing they could do as this was part of my cardholder agreement. When I told them the agreement stated it was for the priviledge of maintaining an account and what were the priviledges they were unable to answer that. A manager is supposed to call me back in 3 days to discuss this. If they don't or do and won't remove the fee, I'm filing an online complaint with the FTC.

Salute Credit CardCancel and Fees

I too recieved noticed of the cancelation of my card but was explained the bank was not actually offering that service, In other words, the bank might be out of business. However, i was credited part of my initial start up fees so you might want to check on that. My complaint is that we are still being charged a card service fee as long as we have a balance on our account even though there are no more services we can get. So we if your account was closed with a high balance your fees could add up.

However now they are sending out settlement letters all open accounts. I am in the mortgage business and was assured up front, the closing of an open account would not hurt my credit. However I strongly advise each one to keep all letters and records to show you were at no fault. Each agency reports differently and you much protect your credit yourself. You can get a free report annually.

When you are ready to make a major purchase make sure you are ready to explain this closed account. Transunion reports differently than the other two agencies.

I did call, i up set all the foreign speaking customer service staff and even the manager and i assured him that before this was over, there would be enough customers upset about this besides me to start a class action suite against the bank.

So i guess we will see. I hope some of this information has been helpful for you.

Respond

Salute Credit CardCancelling cards without notice

I found out today, that on Jan. 30, my credit card was terminated. This is after two days ago, receiving a letter from Salute that stated that they had increased my credit limit. I contacted the company whose customer service center was based in Central America. I was informed by the customer service representative, that the company was getting rid of the program. However, I was not provided with any other information, other than my credit will not be impacted by this (yeah, like I believe that). Anyway, I had to find out by researching the internet that this has been going on for months. I am not happy about this as I pay my balance in full every month. This company's treatment of good customers is shameful.

6 Responses
              • Sh
                SharonL Sep 27, 2009

They did the same to me and without notice. I just want to pay off the balance and be done with them! I paid to get this card and they cancel with a negative reason when my card was never late!

you right about that

Georgianna Anderson Apr 16, 2009

I no next time about they and tribute credit card was the same too they did'nt let me no other they cancaller my card too without notice and i want my money back from too

Georgianna Anderson Apr 16, 2009

I am mad as hell about that because they could have done a better job than that

Georgianna Anderson Apr 16, 2009

Yes i had the same problem too they canceller my card without notice after I payed they and then they said your card has bein canceller that was not right at all I want my money back too.

• Si
                SINCITY Feb 21, 2009

WHATS THE PROBLEM I GOT A NOTICE FROM SALUTE JUST LIKE YOU ALL DID FOR THE MOST OF WHO SAY YOU DIDNT GET ONE MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK AT WHAT ADDRESS YOU RESIDE AT SECONDLY ITS NOT SALUTE THATS PUTTING A STOP AT THE PROGRAM ITS THE BANK WHO ISSUED THE CARDS THIREDLY I CAN SAY FOR SURE THAT THOSE OF YOU LOOKING TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN FYI EVERYONE YOU AGREED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITION OF THE CARD GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR BACKSIDE AND LIVE WITH IT PAY OFF THE AMOUNT YOU OWE AND MOVE ON

Salute Credit CardBILLING ERRORS

First mid Oct. they provided the incorrect return slip/envelope for payment and sent me a letter stating so and called and if returned to forward in regular envelope which is what I did then they charged me all kinds of late fees and revoked my charging priveleges. So as soon as I got the notice of the revoke, I called and they reversed all the charges/reinstated my privelages. Just checked my credit report and they did report it as negative and they had promised that it was not reported. So now it took my score down and I am not happy. Then get charged for the annual fee and find out via very very vague letter that they discontinued the program and no longer in business when I called that is what I was told and no annual fee reimbursement will be made to me. NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

3 Responses
                • Ra
                  Raysonxx3 Mar 09, 2009

I agree with all the complaints. I was somewhat screwed by this company, too; but instead I done a little screwing myself and got away with it.

• Za
                  zach Nov 29, 2008

Salute double charged me one month and reversed the charges after about 5 letters from me complaining, and then closed my account.
                  I still owe them money and am considering not paying it! If they are going out of business they should sent a notice to their customers!

• Tr
                  Trish Nov 21, 2008

Seriously! They stopped my automatic payment deduction and I didn't know it, so my payment wasn't deducted on my due date and then I got charged Astronaumical Fees and they don't want to reinburse me!! I think it's just a way of getting a little bit of extra money out of people before they go out of business. Then, instead of deducting 29.00 minimum payment they deducted 89.00. So it made my personal checking account off kilter. I HATE this company and what they have put me through. UNBELIEVABLE!! We should all take them to court. See what the court has to say. Here I am thinking I'm the only one going through this!!

Salute Credit Card — Cancelling Service

They charge us an annual fee and monthly fee and know i found out they are cancelling everyones Visa acoount...

Salute Credit Card — i was wrongfully charged for this id theft protection and would like the money you took from my account

I was wrongfully charged for this id theft protection service worth 20, 000 dollars and i would like to have...