Mr. Coffee Complaints & Reviews

Jun 09, 2021

Mr. Coffee — Sad excuse for a coffee maker

This is the second Mr. Coffee maker I've bought in a year. The numbers on the screen do not even show...

Mr. CoffeePoor product

We purchased a Mr. Coffee Brewing coffee pot only had it for a month when it stopped brewing. We would put water and coffee grounds it would make noise like it was brewing but nothing since we did not have a receipt we were unable to be refunded. We went and bought another Mr. Coffee Brewing this time we figured if we bought the next model for an extra $20 the machine might last. Well we still have it but it takes 25 minutes to brew a pot of coffee and on occasion will not brew or not brew the entire pot ! We are surprised how much the Mr. Coffee brand has went down in quality. I try to let everyone I know not to purchase Mr. Coffee brand and tell them how horrible it is. We don't have a receipt for this one either so now we have spend approximately $90 on a product we cannot use.

1 Response
    • Wi
      William Jul 27, 2009

Ordered replacment pitcher for 8.99 and was charged 9.95 for shipping. Whats wrong with this picther. shipping higher than product. DUH!!!

Mr. CoffeeJW series 8 cup stainless coffee maker

We purchased a JW series 8 cup stainless coffee maker from Wall Mart about 8 months ago. The design has major flaws that cause the coffee to overflow and spill out. This is due to the cover on the stainless decanter. It has a small hole that the coffee flows through. The cover pushes a small plunger up on the filter basket allowing coffee to enter the small hole of the decanter. If for any reason the plunger is not all the way up, such as the filter basket not placed properly, the coffee will overflow while brewing. When the coffee overflows it has no fail safe switch to stop it. The coffee continues to run out, and if you set the timer for coffee in the morning, you will find it all over the floor. Also the design allow for coffee grinds to float down into the water tank and everywhere else. They are totally aware of this problem and have a list of causes under "troubleshooting" in the manual. An example being, to many coffee grounds placed in the filter, decanter removed from the warming plate for more the 30 seconds, etc. Because of the problems listed above, this coffee should be taken off the market. It is extremely dangerious.

1 Response
      • Wr
        writing tutor Sep 19, 2016

Mr Coffee product defective - carafe spills all over when you pour. From what I have read, this happens to many of their products. TERRIBLE customer service, after waiting 5 minutes for someone to talk to me, the first woman - Cherise, asked my ph number and immediately said she couldn't hear me and without a pause or a second chance, said to call at another time, then hung up on me. So, I had to go through the entire phone thing again to talk to someone. They will NOT replace the faulty carafe and refuse to assist or in any way. Apparently do not stand behind their products and could care less if anyone purchases them

HORRIBLE PRODUCTS AND HORRIBLE COMPANY DO NOT BUY MR COFFEE PRODUCTS

Mr. Coffee — BVMC-PSTX91 Coffee Maker (multiple problems)

Carafe leaks at interface between metal and plastic handle (started happening almost immediately) Water leak...

Mr. CoffeeJWX27

My husband bought me this Mr. Coffee for Christmas last year and until this morning has worked fine. Today we turned it on and nothing. This is the third coffee pot in 4 years. When we first got married our Mr. Coffee lasted over 10 years, now they barely last 2 years. It's time the Sunbeam Company can't get it right any more.

3 Responses
        • The Lidman Foundation Jul 05, 2012

Just ask Drenda.

• Fr
          Frances Schiel Jul 05, 2012

Do these comments ever get answered? Am I going to get my money back from Mr. Coffee. Target's not going to refund it. I had a Mr. Coffee for ten or 12 years. It was under the counter and it was great. I'm very upset. I guess I'm going to have to buy an inexpensive one to get me through until Mr. Coffe sends me a refund. I have no receipt. Why would I need to keep a receipt when I was sure it would last ten years?

• Fr
          Frances Schiel Jul 05, 2012

I have the same problem with my Mr. Coffee. I got it at Christmas time this year and it just recently started leaking at the bottom. This morning it brewed about a half a cup and then stopped. I have tried to turn it on severl times and it doesn't work. Is there something I can do to make it work. No one wants to see me in the morning without coffee. I paid about $
          65.00 for this coffee pot and I can't afford another one.

F. Schiel

Mr. Coffee4-cup coffee maker broke after 7 months

I purchased a Mr. Coffee 4-cup coffe maker in August 2009; in March 2010, I poured water into the reservoir and it passed right through and ended up all over my counter! Of course, I no longer have the purchase receipt, so what can I do? The model number is CGX7, but I cannot see any other identifying numbers on the bottom of the unit. What can I do about this, other than boycotting Mr. Coffee products in future?

Mr. Coffee — Does not brew

Yes, I have a new Mr. Coffee and after two days old, it just stopped brewing (it is a 6 cup coffee maker, ) I...

Mr. Coffee — Pause & serve button broke off

We received a Mr. Coffee for a Xmas gift and today when I went to pur a cup of coffee the pause and serve...

Mr. CoffeeSteam ruined my kitchen cupboards

Terrible product!!!
          I purchased a Mr. Coffee coffeemaker about 6 months ago. The caraf cracked so I replaced it and it cracked
          once more. The coffeemaker took the finish of the cupboard. This is the worse product I have ever used.
          The model number is CG12. Needless to say I will never use Mr. Coffee products again.

Mr. Coffeedrips constantly

Purchased Mrcoffee -FT series and the pot drips terribly every time I
            pour it-attactive looking-drew my attention to purchase it-but drips all the time-could it be the pot it defective-if so please replace.let me know what you will do about this -have always bought mr coffee pots for years-have this glass decanter 12 cup pot for two months ready to
            throw it away!! please advise-thank you

Mr. CoffeeTerrible quality product

In Jan 2008 I purchased a Mr. Coffee coffeemaker model # 15x43 for $40. at Lowes. Last night 7/12/2008 it quit working. It will not bring water up into the maker to the coffee grounds, & the brew timer is not working. Since I no longer have the receipt or box the store will not exchange it. I was so disappointed it brought me to tears. I loved that coffee maker & unfortunately my husband is unemployed right now so we can't afford to replace it. I had to replace it with a generic $10. Proctor Silex.

6 Responses
                • Bi
                  birdpoo Apr 22, 2016

Six months ago I decided to get me a "real good coffeemaker", threw out my 10 yer old Proctor Silex that was still working. My machine stopped today.I did not even use it every day, I am going to go to K-Mart, Target, Dollar General where I can buy a cheap machine that will work till I die. Tired of fancy stuff that just does not work! I guess this is how they stay in business, people don't want to take the time to send in machines for repair and buy a new one. Nope, do not have stupid written on my forehead!

• Ds
                  D Soa Jan 25, 2016

There is no way to turn off the annoying beeps on this coffee maker. It is high pitched and loud and causes anxiety in pets and disturbs sleeping humans. This is a design flaw that should be remedied by Mr. Coffee.

• Rf
                  R. Farmer Jun 26, 2015

I really can't believe it, I bought a Mr. Coffee machine and it stopped working in ONE MONTH. Will not pump the water through the machine. I mean really, one month!!! I am sure I don't have the receipt but if you should consider buying one of these, you had better hold on to that receipt, you will be taking it back or throwing it out.

• Ri
                  Rich823 Dec 02, 2010

We have two Mr. Coffee drip pots, and my complaint doesn't concern the operation of the units, which has been fine. What I can't understand is my inability to pour from either carafe without having the coffee drip all over the counter or floor. When our cat knocked one of the carafes on the floor and it shattered, we replaced it with another Mr. Coffee carafe. It is even worse in the drip-rather-than-pour department. It makes no difference how fast or slowly I pour. Coffee still dribbles all over the place.

• Li
                  Linda May 17, 2009

I couldn't agree more with the other complaints I've just read. In the middle of a family weekend my mrcoffee just refused to brew the third pot of the day. Reliability of product apparently isn't a concern of the manufacturer! Campfire coffee is sounding better all the time.

• Ro
                  robin eyer Jul 27, 2008

my 7 month old mr coffee quit working and i want to know if it is still under warranty?