ADVERTISIMENT

Mr. CoffeeBVMC-PSTX91 Coffee Maker (multiple problems)

Carafe leaks at interface between metal and plastic handle (started happening almost immediately)
Water leaks internally so that it leaks out the bottom (started happening after abouty 3 months)
Clean Cycle light permanently on (started happening after 4 months)

While the coffee maker is wonderfully fast, and the carafe does a great job at keeping the coffee warm, the problems listed above are unacceptable. Just another example of a company cutting corners and not spending enough money on quality assurance. As long as we keep buying it, they'll keep doing what they're doing.

• Da
    Dazia B Feb 04, 2019

Initially I loved this coffeemaker. Great coffee, nice and hot. After a couple of months it stopped brewing all the water out of the reservoir resulting in overly strong coffee. We have to soak up any excess water in the socket the reservoir connects to before brewing. This did the trick for a short while but who wants to do all that every time they use the pot? I normally brew coffee two to three times a day. Now it's just hit or miss. Any suggestions to correct this problem?

• Mi
    Mike Pennington Oct 17, 2018

I have two BVMC-PSTX91 one has been leaking because of a little plastic seal about a 50 cent part that they will not sell me the part to fix it so every day I clean up water on my count. I will not buy anymore...…..

• Lo
    lorettarox Mar 15, 2018

I purchased the Mr. Coffee PSTX Series Coffee Maker at the end of 2016, and the past few months the backlight no longer lights properly. I called the company and had to hold for 15 minutes. The rep was nice and was given all the pertinent info, and asked if I could find my receipt, just in case it was still under warranty. I could not find the receipt. In the 90s, I had a Mr. Coffee maker that lasted 15-20 years, but over the past 10 years, we have had to buy about 5 of them. They are not lasting nearly as long as they need to be. I am very disappointed that we have only had this coffee maker for a little over a year, and the backlight isn’t working properly. Having to purchase a new coffee maker every 1.5 to 2 years is not only a hassle and ripoff to the customer, but it’s also really bad for the environment. Most people just throw them in a landfill. The US and rest of the world are running out of landfill space, with continued increasing population of over 7 billion people on the planet, which is expected to increase to 10 billion in just a few years.

Christine Poland Nov 05, 2016

I purchased the pstx series coffee maker. I had it for approx 2 months and it stopped working altogether. I live chatted with the company and they are sending me a replacement. I did not still have the box or the receipt. So I cannot really complain about the company because they are sending me a replacement.

• Dr
    D Rider Feb 04, 2011

I purchased the BVMC-PSTX91 December 2010. I immediately noticed a putrid toxic smell from the reservoir, so I filled it with water and vinegar to remove the new smell. No help. Paid $90 at Wal Mart. Carafe leaks as they all do at interface between metal and plastic handle (started happening immediately). Water leaks internally and leaks out the bottom (started happening in 2 weeks). Clean Cycle light permanently on (started happening after 1 month). I will never use Mr. Coffee products again. Made in China of course. I recently have developed numbness in my lips and chin and have reported this to Mr. Coffee.

• Ko
    KodiakisKool Oct 10, 2010

I have also recently purchased this modle coffee pot, and I loved it, until the third day it started leaking from the carafe! I am looking into getting the carafe replaced, I am not ready to give up on this coffeemaker just yet. Hopefully, this is an isolated incident. My last Mr Coffee was fantastic and I had it for years.

Comment Guidelines