GE Washer Complaints & Reviews

GE WasherDamage

It's ashamed Home Depot takes little pride in customer satisfaction. Not once, but twice, a brand new washing machine was delivered to my home damaged. What surprises me in the nonchalant approach to your well being. We now will buy from another source due to the inaction, and quite frankly, customers are not important.

We purchased based on delivery charge of zero. It's too bad two attempts were made to deliver the washing machine, and in both cases, damaged!!! Quite a disappointment, but not an issue for Home Depot. Maybe if some of letters such as this, something would be done. But one customer complaining is no skin off the back of the great Home Depot

1 Response
    • Su
      Surv Dec 04, 2012

my neighbor has also had the same problems with a refrigerator. I sure u will find they using inexperienced workers and they have a bad customer service. Always..Go to a professional appliance store or buy a used one. I take appliances to repair stores for warranties. Other wise i repair them myself. Where the hell is Consumer protection...:(

GE Washerdoes not work at all

bought g. e washer 20o8 april after first three months of use broke down something do with housing part then broken down
    fives aftter that appliance service was g.e. certified repair tech My wife paid four hundred dollars for this Had another appliance tech look at send it was unrepairable called extended warranty company and they cant do nothing because it was a pre -existing condition

what the hell? told contact manufacturer then call them back this washer has been year long head all i want is four hundred dollars

back they electronic motor control or computer under moisture that was stupid idea

this like my fifth complaint letter

here is model /serial number

Model number WHDRR418G1WW

SERIAL NUMBER GR903260G

TAKE OFF THE MARKET G.E.COM THIS TYPE OF WASHER IS JUST A HEADACHE FOR YOUR CUSTOMER AND YOUR PROPERTIERS SUCH HOME DEPOT

JOHN J. GORNEY
    PRANEET GORNEY

3 Responses
      • Lc
        lcarloni Aug 08, 2016

I purchased a GE washer 3 yrs ago and have had nothing but problems, called the ceo of the company and he referred my complaint to a man who was rude and ignored the complaint and just wanted to get rid of me, making me think the machine was fine, after 3 service calls and money I had to put out I have now stopped payment on the check because when the service man left the machine started leaking again and it leaks every once in a while, and my downstairs is starting to smell of mold, I might have to have someone come in to clean up that, and I feel after all the GE appliance I have purchased, I almost feel that they are punishing me for buying there products, such a large company and very bad customer service and terrible attitudes, why would they think I would want to pay for a service call when the machine still leaks and that is what they gave me for purchasing there equipment.

• Ho
        HOME DEPOT/SPIRIT DELIVERY Aug 08, 2016

I bought a GE washer and dryer from Home Depot Westerly RI. After waiting a week for the delivery SPiRIT DELIVERYa third party moving company from Depot brought the washer in my basement hooked it up and left. I did a load of wash and it flooded my basement! they come back a few days later to get the washer. they pick up the bad one and it never found its way back to the store!!! then home depot brings me a LG top loader it wont start and started smoking in the panel when plugged in. then i call HOME DEPOT they give me a loaner to use ...weeks later I still do not have a washer!!! As I sit her writing Sprite (home depots moving company) was suppose to deliver it yesterday12/4 between 10-2 no washer then they said oh by 4:45... NO WASHER then I called for the hundredth time Spirit moving company said they WILL BE THERE BY 10:30 pm NO WASHER it is the next day and NO WASHER STAY AWAY FROM HOME DEPOT and they moving company SPIRIT they pride them selves!!! IN WHAT!!!

• Ge
        GEAppliances Feb 08, 2010

John - this is Megan from GE, sorry to hear about the issues with your washer. If you'd like me to look into this for you, please email me at [email protected]

GE Washerpopping noise

I purchased a GE washer and dryer from the HH Gregg store located on Taylorsville Road at Hurstbourne Lane on [protected] and had it delivered the very next day. The delivery people were wonderful and professional and I called the number on the paperwork and filled out the survey letting them know that they did a great job.
      I put in the first load of laundry and I noticed that when they agitate it is so little that the clothes in the back of the tub when you start are not moved very far from the position that they started in when the wash cycle is complete. Then before the next cycle there is a loud pop noise. I immediatley shut the washer off and called the store where I bought the washer. The lady gave me a numberto call and it was the delivery number. They of course said that they only dealt with delivery and not issues with the appliances. I called the store back and then was directed toward the GE 800 number. I explained to the lady that I had not had the washer even two hours and they needed to do something about it. She told me she would speak to someone and see what she could do. No return calls that day. Saturday I got a call from someone named Tim who said that he had received an email about my problem and that they normally did not replace the product, but since I had been calling since right after it was delivered he would see what he could do and that he would get back to me.
      I don't know if Tim won the lottery and left on a cruise with his newfound wealth or if he passed away or something, all I do know is I have not heard back from him or anyone else concerning my washer.
      I find it very hard to believe that the owner of the company is aware that this type of customer service goes on and that it is okay with them. I have every intention of seeing to it that they do find out.

2 Responses
          Christy Ector Sep 18, 2015

I have had two service appointments cancelled for a GE washer repair. The water level on the rinse cycle will not fill to the appropriate level. Regardless of the cycle (color, permanent press or whites) and water level selected, the washer level on the rinse cycle will only fill to roughly the small cycle. I do not have a machine that senses the weight load to determine the amount of water to use.

The appointment scheduled on 9-16-15 from 1pm until 5pm was cancelled through an automated message w/no option to speak with a live person. This appointment was cancelled roughly around 2:00pm. I asked a friend to come and be at my home for the repair person. I felt badly because her time, and transportation cost were dismissed and disregarded by Sears scheduling team. She called me at work and I immediately got on the phone and spoke to a manager that was only able to schedule an appointment on September 26, 2017. I asked if I could speak w/a person that could possible order the part needed. Whereby technician would not have to make two trips, and the fact that I would take off from work - did not want to inconvenience another person. That conversation led to a dead end. I accepted the 9-26-15 appointment time. After phone conversation, I got on the website to see if I could get possible assistance that I didn't/couldn't get from prior conversation. A Friday, September 18, 2017 appointment was scheduled from 8am-12pm.

Called in prior to 8am today to be told appointment had been cancelled again. Representative said someone tried to call my home yesterday around 10am. Of course, I have a nine to five so no one was here to respond to the call. If the appointment was cancelled that far in advance on their end, then it seems to me that scheduling allowance should/could have been made to have this appointment time honored.

At this point, I have not rescheduled an appointment. It seems pointless for me to attempt to schedule one. I need assistance with appointment times being honored and a satisfactory resolution to the water level issue.

Your assistance in helping resolve this matter is greatly welcomed.

Christy Ector
          404.763.4172 (home)
          404.327.9058x1105 (work)
          404.771.7876 (cell)

joesou Mar 29, 2009

I read your comment, many of companies or manufacture they give you run a round time, sometimes store limit themself giving you 7 days or 48 hours to either return or exchange the washer. When you have problem then call manufacture and they will give you phone number for repair service. They will not exchange unit or give you refund. If you want to return or exchange the washer, store has do it. Talk with store manager if you return or exchange for better one. Don't waste time calling manufature number, they will just give you run around.

ADVERTISIMENT

GE WasherPoor customer service!

I bought a washer from Home Depot in Philadelphia on 11/09/2007 after owning my previous washer for 20 years with no problems until it just died. My new washer is a GE product. It would no longer agitate or spin I called for service was told that an appointment was set up to find out that was not true. I took a day off from work to wait for service. I asked to speak to a customer service rep who was non caring and matter of fact. They would call me sometime today with a new service date so I have no working washer for 5 days and no new date of service and used one vacation day and now will have to use another. I will also have to go to a laundry mat to wash my clothes.

2 Responses
          • Ho
            HOME DEPOT/SPIRIT DELIVERY Dec 05, 2012

DO not buy GE I learned my lesson to

• Ka
            Kanishka Jan 09, 2009

I bought a washer which is GE from Sears on Dec 13, it was delivered on Jan 8, 08 despite their promises that it would be delivered 3 week earlier. Since I got the washer from Sears it has needed 4 repair call, they come one month after you call them and have been unable to fix it and recommend I get an Kenmore. So after spending over $500 and being without washer which works properly for over 4 months I am still without a washer which can work properly. Sears is going to replace the transmission for free, GE would not do anything because supposedly I was few hour late. This is despite their promises. The model number of the washer is wwse5240dg0ww.