Imagine Mastercard Complaints & Reviews

Imagine MastercardRipped me off

In June of 2006, I had an account with Imagine MasterCard that was getting ready to be forwarded to collections and someone on behalf of Imagine MasterCard called me offered to put me in a reinstatement program only if i could send my late payment of $85.00, which i did. that Imagine MasterCard would issue me a new account with a higher credit limit ($600.00) and would transfer my old account balance of $580.00 to the new account and once this balance transfer was done my old account would be settled in full. however, that did not happen. In February 2008 i found Imagine mastercard on my credit report stating that i owe, $700.00 and i called the credit reporting agency and had them investigate it and i contacted Imagine MasterCard myself and they told me that yes the account was settled and it will be removed, which it was but in March 2008 Jefferson Capotal Systems, LLC was on my credit report on behalf of Imagine MasterCard and i called this Jefferson Capital Systems and they advised me that I still owe this debt, and they are now calling me a liar when i say that i did a balance transfer and was told once transfer was complete i would no longer owe the debt, and they called me a liar because i had misplaced the money order reciept for the money order i sent to Imagine in June of 2006 due to a relocating and now they keep telling me that they are going to call me and call me until i pay them $700.00 and i keep telling them i transfered the balance when the account was just at $580.00 and your telling me in 2 years i have not heard from anyone regarding this debt and all of a sudden you come along and tell me that i owe this debt, I do not buy it. but i dont know what to do because it is affecting my credit and i know that i have paid off this debt and i still have the new account that imagine mastercard transfered the balance to and it is open and in good standing. please help

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • Ca
      california resident Mar 30, 2009

Ok here is what you do, you have to contact the original creditor which in this case is Imagine, and ask for a confirmation of payment letter. They will have this on file. Once you receive this letter fax it over to this new collection agency and they have to stop calling and will no longer report to your credit report. Last you have to mail a copy of this payment letter to all three credit bureaus and within 30 days your report will be updated. I went through a similar situation and it took me 30 days to fix it. Good luck.

Imagine MastercardMessed up company

This company is REALLY messed up and a true RIPOFF!!! After realizing how bad they were, I had my credit union pay them off. They actually got paid twice and then refunded the overpayment to me after 6 months of carrying a credit balance. then, after 15 MONTHS, they said that one of the checks did not clear (after 15 months, they just found that out???) and charged the whole balance back to my credit card in addition to a $35 NSF fee and a $9.95/mo account charge. After they charged my credit card again, they sent me a letter that said that they had made a processing error. I didn't make the error and I told them that I would pay the amount, but I am not paying the $35 and the $9.95 month or the usurus interest rate they are charging due to their error.

Comment Guidelines