DVA HAIR Complaints & Reviews

DVA HAIRHair Scam

I ordered four bundles of 26" Brazilian curly on 8/7/11 for a total of $700. I sent the money via MoneyGram and there was a $53 fee. I received the hair on 8/12/11 and as soon as I opened it I knew it was right. I called D'Angela Carr the owner, and she stated the curl pattern was "new" and that her employees forgot to wash the conditioner off. I asked her to exchange my hair and she stated she didn't have more hair. I then asked for a refund and she said she only had $260 and her husband had the rest and would send it to me on Monday. I met her and gave her the hair and she gave me 260 and signed a note saying she would pay the remaining 465 on Monday. Monday came and I didn't receive a call or text from D. I called her around 2pm. She did not answer or return my call. I proceeded to file a complaint. She them sent a text saying she was in Ohio with her grandfather and would call the next day. Her husband called the next day claiming D did not follow company policy and he's going to charge a restocking fee. I told him I'm not paying a fee bc that's not what we discussed. This is an error on their part not mine. Once he found out I had written documentation from his wife he agreed to give a full refund. I have yet to receive a refund. These people are total scams. Dva plays a friendly role, but it's just a cover up and a con artist trait. Once this is resolved I will make note of it.

DVA HAIRRIP OUT, SCAM, NOT REFUNDING MY MONEY

I ordered some Brazilian wavy Hair from DVA HAIR on the 29th Jan 2010, which she was to deliver to me on the 2nd Feb 2010 which was the date I was given by DVA Hair as delivery date because I also had clients waiting for their hair which they had paid for to me and I made DVA aware of this deadlines before I even made payment for the orders; but didn't get them and neither was I kept updated by DVA nor her staff as to why I had the delay. After several attempts trying to call DVA HAIR to get updates on the order and delivery, she (DVA "DEE" CARR as referred to on Alibaba as the owner of the business) finally answered on Wednesday 3rd Feb and started shouting at me over the phone and using strong words, this was after her assistance Tiffany said to me DVA wasn’t available to talk because she was working on some orders, I insisted to speak to her because before I placed the orders she so conveniently was available to ring me several times and send me several emails to finalise and pay for my orders with them.
When DVA spoke to me she said to me that had shipped the goods on Tuesday but they couldn’t provide me with the tracking number as yet because they had a big situation with their systems (all computers etc) and UPS had mix all the orders and they were unable to get the tracking numbers from them but when I got the goods it stated they were shipped out on a different date as oppose to the date stated by DVA, on receiving the goods on the 5th Feb to my work address and they were incomplete and insignificantly not as described (because I had ordered from DVA Hair I could tell they weren’t of the same quality and texture) also when I tried to sell the hair to my clients they rejected the hair also and termed the products as being of inferior quality (I have emails from one of my client), this I mentioned to DVA HAIR over the phone, that they (hair) were not of the same quality of hair I had previously purchased from DVA HAIR.
They have stopped answering my calls and replying my emails and she (DEE CARR) has denied that she owns the company and they are not allowing the chance to get a full refund of $3, 035 and for me to get their goods back to them. I have reported this case to PAYPAL who I made the payment through and because it is not an eBay transaction they have closed the case. I am in the process of sending the goods back to DVA via a recorded delivery.
Please can you help me I want my money back from DVA HAIR of the full amount of $3, 035. I have repeatedly called the number for DVA HAIR [protected] and no answers.

• So
    sonyafortune Mar 26, 2010

I am sorry to hear about your complaint, but I have been a customer of dva hair for two years now.
    Their hair is THE BEST I EVER USED !! I have always received great customer service from the staff,
    and got my hair in a timely fashion.

Sonya Fortune

• Hm
    H.Mahdi Apr 27, 2010

I have also been a customer of DVA Hair for some time now and I habve never had an experience like you are "stating" you had!
    I would think that once they get the hair back they would have NO problem with refunding you your money but if you are STILL in the process of sending you should expect to STILL be in theprocess of a refund!!
    Thats just my opinion. Like I said I have been a loyal and faithful client for some time and never encountered anything like you are stating here. I think its wrong of you to put a company on blast like that when you obviously like the company since you previously stated you ordered from them before...
    If that was a normal way for them to do business you would have learned your lesson the 1st time but I am guessing you git what you wanted and thats why you ordered from them again...

I am sorry you feel this way about the company and I feel if you feel that strongly about them just go somewhere else in the future

H.Mahdi

• Il
    I Love LA Sep 16, 2010

Like you I have experienced so many problems with DVA. I used to use them to purchase hair for celebrity clients, I have spread the word amongst my colleagues in the USA, Netherlands and UK so that they do not go through such frustration as I have done in the past.

• Il
    I Love LA Sep 16, 2010

Horrible unprofessional company

• Ta
    taycott10 Feb 15, 2011

Im going through the samething with them now I orderd my hair Feb 7, 2011 and talked to dva and explained it was an emergancy and need the hair ASAP. She then informed me that she ships all her hair over night and promised i would have it within the next 2 days its now the 14th and i haven't heard anything from her. I called the 11th to see what was going on and she told me due to a snow storm everything was delayed and that she would keep me updated i tried calling her 10+ times today and left voice mails and i have got no reply. Its just so unprofessional to me I feel like I wouldn't have to keep calling and bugging her if she was a professional women of her word and for her to not even call me and let me know whats going on is rude and just seemes like a scam. I'm considering lookin into the better business bureau and seeing what they can do but i looked on other sites and it seem this has happened ALOT.

• Ap
    April48 Aug 19, 2011

This hair isn't VIRGIN! I knew it wasn't virgin when it arrived. It was very shiny and had a fake curl to it. I ordered 22 inches and they sent me 20 inches. After having the hair in for 8 weeks it started shedding and became very tangled. Don't order from them!! Horrible company

DVA HAIRrip off

The owner DVA gave me a discount to try her products. I placed my order and was charged $340 for 4 bags of Indian hair (2 bags of body wave and 2 bags of loose body) 12/02/09. The order was next day delivery .I had explained I was travelling abroad the coming Monday 12/07 to Africa and DVA assured me I would get my hair before Monday! On Friday, DVA said the mail man went to the posted office but she was not sure that he had mail as he called earlier that the hair would not arrive on Monday. She called him but he was not picking up. She would contact me that night to let me know. Monday at the airport I called and I spoke with Dva who told me it was not shipped but they could ship it to Africa. DVA and her assistant Tiffany looked up the cost of the UPS to Africa and offered to cover half of the cost. I paid that day $75 (12/07/09), text DVA my address overseas on her cell phone that they gave me at the airport. I contacted them online from Africa after 1 week I had not received a tracking number they promise to email it, the hair was shipped. 2 wks later I called they told me that they had a big situation they could not give any tracking because UPS had mix all the orders and they were unable to identify each clients tracking numbers. I asked to speak with DVA and I was told that until she resolves the problem she would not speak to anyone. I came back to the United States 01/01 and called! No answers. I finally got someone on the phone 01/18 who told me that there was no body in the office DVA would be back. I gave him my contact and asked that he told DVA to at least call me. I receive a text message ?I used DVA cell phone to contact you, DVA has been in a car accident and I was aware of your situation. A refund will be issued. I am not in the office so I will not pick up the phone!" I have not heard anything. I called her cell phone left messages. No feedback. I called DVA [protected] website number, no answers. The total amount is $425. I filed a BBB complaint, IC3 complaint, Paypal compliant . Do not buy from them! Poor customer service, no professionalism, will not send the products and will ignore you!

• Re
    Rebirth Feb 09, 2010

I TOTALLY SECOND THIS. I HAVE RIPPED OFF BY DVA HAIR OF THE AMOUNT OF ALMOST 4, 000USD... TOTALLY RIP OFF, NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR, SENT ME INDIAN HAIR AS OPPOSE TO BRAZILIAN WAVY THAT I PAID FOR...

and they totally ignored me when trying to get my money back and send back to them their incomplete goods they sent to me in the first instance, DVA says to me at this point that she doesn't own the company... they are liars at DVA HAIR and very unprofessional, they told me as well silly story about the post man and that their machines were down so they couldn't send me the tracking number and when i got to speak to DVA Carr herself she was shouting at me over the phone- swearing at me- what sort of professionism is that.

i am trying to get my money back through PAYPAL please so if this has happened to you by DVA HAIR please log your complaint at PAYPAL so we can all get our money back from the so called DVA HAIR.

All they did to mamanbanga is exactly what they did to me lying that the company or DVA had a mishap... the company is a scam. Please HELP.

• Re
    Rebirth Feb 09, 2010

Just going over your complaint again, this is so funny that week of the 18th of Jan 2010 that they told you DVA was in a car accident she was on the phone and emails with me trying to get me to close the order i was making from DVA HAIR of the amount of approx. $4000 at the same time... what such liars they are.

I have been trying to ring them and they would not answer the phone.

mamynbanga Feb 10, 2010

THEY ARE BAD BAD PEOPLE AND BUISNESS PLEASE DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

• Be
    Beverly Simms Apr 30, 2010

Im sorry to hear about guys complaints, but I have been buying from DVA HAIR since 2006 and I have never had a problem. Their customer service is great and their product is absolutely superior to the rest !!! I have worn Indian hair and brazilian hair from other companies, but DVA HAIR'S quality surpasses them all !!!

Unfortunately everyone's experience in doing business can be different, but I absolutely disagree with the complaints about them being liars and a scam!!
    They have EXCELLENT HAIR !! and to imply that they are scam artist is totally unfair ...

Now I have to admit if I got yelled at or sworn at I would definitely be pissed off with them !!!
    That does sound unprofessional, but that's never happened to me in all my years of dealing with DVA HAIR.

In conclusion in-spite of these complaints DVA HAIR'S hair quality is still the best hair I have ever worn and I will continue to be a loyal customer for life !!!

mamynbanga Nov 25, 2011

Beverly Sims who ever you are must know or be DVA. Had you lost money and been deceived you would not be here talking all nice about them. They are the worst in the US to deal with and the quality of the hair does not justified taking money from customers and not delivering the products.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices