Cadillac Complaints & Reviews

CadillacEd morse cadillac

Dear Mara,
I recently visited Ed Morse Cadillac for my appointment. I unfortunately assumed that Cadillac was going to help me out with the finances for this simple fix. Well that did not happen and as usual Ed Morse Cadillac was as rude as ever. In my ignorance  I assumed that Cadillac was going to help out this poor ignorant disabled old man. Well I was wrong. I also spoke with a supervisor at Cadillac who was absolutely of no assistance at all, as a matter of fact she was just as bad as Ed Morse Cadillac. She informed me that Cadillac's policy has changed since I owned my last Cadillac and probably my final Cadillac if your customer service does not change. It totally amazes me that Cadillac is willing to lose a customer over a five dollar part. Well I guess I will live and learn again which I think is to bad for your company. I will get things repaired though as I do know something about cars and CUSTOMER SERVICE.

While I am on the subject of customer service lets talk about this since I am tired of beating my head against the wall. The last Cadillac I bought from Ed Morse Cadillac had a defect as the brakes failed after three months and the car was totaled. As hard headed as I am I went out and bought another STS only a year newer (not too smart on my part wasn't it). Anyway my insurance paid the bank their part of the bargain so that's not my problem. I HAVE BEEN WAITING MONTHS FOR ED MORSE CADILLAC TO PAY MY GAP INSURANCE WHICH I BOUGHT THROUGH THEM WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR. Well guess what I just got another call from my financial institution that they have not been paid yet which is destroying my credit. I have called the dealer several times about this ad also went to the dealer and talked to their financial expert (His name is Troy) about this at his request. He made a phone call and said everything was being taken care of, that was a couple of months ago. STILL NO RESOLUTION! What do have to do? Get nasty as the dealer and Cadillac is to me? Please I don't want to do this however what choice do I have? Can you help me resolve this? Or have a suggestion that doesn't have any unpleasant repercussions? I don't want this to happen but I am being put in a corner by Ed Morse. Please advise, I am looking for your cooperation for a congenial solution. Thank you if you can help, I have tried and tried with the dealer. I hold them responsible since I bought the GAP insurance through them.

One more thing I think you should know about my experience with Ed Morse Cadillac. I tried to give them my business since I bought my first Cadillac through them. I also own a 2002 Camaro SS loaded with GM second tier SLP options which I plan on keeping since it is close to being (if not already a classic). At any rate, I took my Camaro to Ed Morse to have a defect repaired on my rear bumper. When I inspected the vehicle when it was supposedly complete I noticed that the valance which is attached to the bottom of the bumper had a sizeable gap between the bumper and the valance. When I brought this to the attention to the service manager (I think her name is Wendy) I was told in no pleasant terms that I was wrong and that she repaired it correctly. I bought this car new and know just about everything about it since I studied everything I could including buying the Helms service manual to learn even more. I am still very proud of this car and still get many complements. In any case my car is still in the same condition and I still am not happy about it. I was told that their body shop gave me a lifetime warranty on their work but I guess I am the fool again. It didn't last two days. She was actually raising her voice to me very loudly so much that another service person near by I could tell was quite embarrassed. I was not going to have a screaming contest with her so I got in my car and left with my Camaro and the Cadillac I just bought from them.

I guess this is why I thought that maybe Ed Morse Cadillac and Cadillac Division itself could do me a favor and help me out with the Cadillac own now, It only has 47K miles on it. I realize that you are not mind a reader so I thought I would inform you and Cadillac what my position and situation has come too.

Maybe you can tell your supervisor what my change in policy is along with Cadillac's change in policy. I'm sorry it has come to this but what other choice do I have? If Cadillac can change I guess I can also. We all have to be flexible I guess. The only problem Cadillac will have is that they did not lose just one customer. What do you think my comments will be in or out of my circle of automobile friends and clubs? I guess someone's ears will be burning.

In closing, if you or someone in General Motors or the Cadillac Division has anything constructive to suggest I would be glad to hear it for a change.

Personally to you Mara have nice Holiday unlike I will stewing over the mistake I made with staying with General Motors all of these years.

Regards,

Robert Fenk
9718 Little Pond Way
Tampa, Florida 33647
[protected]

Cadillac — Customer Service

On 4-3-09 I took my father cadillac to Napleton's for Service, and was extremely un-happy with the level...

CadillacService

Service Department at Claude Nolan are Clueless. Put 1oo miles on my car in two days after replacing crank sensors still trying to find out why it stoped running. Went to Good year...problem cracked wire shorting out system. Goodyear found problem by moving the wires connected to crank sensors while running. May not have needed new sensors after all which cost me $400. Claude Nolan was not willing to do anything to resolve there mistake.. 5500 with no more problems...Thanks Goodyear...

• Al
    ALAv Jun 03, 2016

In 2013 I purchased a 2007 Cadillac CTS (57000 miles). Very disappointed. Literally as soon as we drove it off the lot the water pump went out and it has just been downhill since. It had to be towed right back to the dealership. That should have been an immediate red flag. We didn't get the vehicle back for almost two weeks. Then there was was the issue with the rpm needle fluttering. I was told by the dealership, after they had the car for two days, that nothing is wrong and it still does this. Currently the pps module (airbag sensor) is out. It was a recall in December of 2010. The recall was repaired in July 2011. I was told by GM that they wouldn't repair it again because it had been repaired once under the recall. This vehicle has 85900 miles and is a 2007! If this is something that can go out twice in 4 years I find that to be a crappy made part! I bought Ford for years and never had any issues. I bought a Chrysler and never had any issues. I buy a Cadillac and it's been nothing but problems. Oh and don't drive with the windows down because the rear airbag compartment comes loose and hang down from the wind. I find this car to be junk and their customer service to be less than excited to help you and will never buy GM again!!!

Cadillacfuel line recall

On 10/20/07 I was notified by Cadillac that my fuel line was possibly defective and to take it to my nearest dealer and have it repaired at NO CHARGE 'I was told by the dealer that by repairing the fuel line it might possibly deamage the fuel pump abd i would have to pay for the replacement of a new fuel pump if necessary. I contacted Cadillac and they basically told me the same thing. What a rip off, i didn't create this problem and don't feel it is my problem since cadillac was the one that put in a defective, dangerous fuel line. I guess it's time to buy a Honda ! Greg

• Mi
    Mikemacy Jul 20, 2019

My 2017 Cadillac ATS has been at the dealership since 6/5/19
    Fault codes 700 & 711. Three delays so far, continually waiting on parts.
    VIN 1G6AA5RX9H0111529
    Dealer; Baker Cadillac, Charleston, SC 29403
    Can you assist in expediting repair?
    Thank you.
    Michael E. Macy
    843 884 7219

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices