Republic Servicesproperty damage

L Jul 15, 2019

On Thursday, July 4th around 10:00am, my neighbor and I were talked at the edge of my driveway. It was then that I noticed that my chain link fence was damaged with the end post being completed out of the hole in cement and it was laying about 6-8 inches away from the hole. There is a large piece of driftwood that is the inside corner of my fence, where the main post that is damaged is, and it was almost laying down vs. standing up.

I was out weeding in the front flower, bed next to the fence, Tuesday evening (7/2) around 7:30pm and the damage wasn't there then as I would have noticed it at that time. It also wasn't damaged when we put the garbage can out Wednesday (7/3) around 12:30ish (which is by the fence that is damaged) for trash pickup that day. Based on the damage and the timing I felt like the garbage truck may have done the damage when they picked up my garbage on Wednesday afternoon.

I checked my Ring video but unfortunately I had deleted everything prior to 3:03pm Wednesday, which the video that I do have shows that the garbage had been picked up by then because the lid on my garbage can is open. I deleted all of the videos prior to this time, without viewing each video, due to the volume of video footage I receive just from cars driving by.

On Friday, July 5th, at 10:06 I called Republic Services regarding my fence. I spoke with Kendall (female). She stated that she would have a supervisor call me. At 11:51, Wyatt (can't read the last name that he wrote on a business card) said that he received my information and that he would be out in an hour to look at my fence. He showed up around 2:00pm.

Wyatt was at my house for roughly 10 minutes, which at that time, he put my garbage can up against the cut in my fence post and verified that it was the same height but he didn't seem to think they were responsible due to the lack of black paint that the arm on the truck would have left and he said that the arm on the truck goes out, come in and then lifts. He said that because of this movement it wouldn't have pulled the post completely out of the cement. He asked if I had video, which I explained I didn't due to deleting everything but I have video from 3:03 pm on Wednesday to current. He pulled out his phone and told me that they picked up my trash at 2:42pm and that since I didn't have video he would have to look into this. He stated that he would be out the next day (Saturday) to take pictures. He then left. I don't recall him taking any pictures on Friday but I can't be sure.

I was home on Saturday, July 6th, until 4:00pm and he never showed up nor do I have any Ring video showing him coming over. I contacted Ring to see if I could get back my videos once deleted but I am not able to do that because I didn't actually download any videos to their server before deleting them.

My neighbor across the street has a Ring and I was able to connect with Sunday evening when he got back into town to see if he had any video. The link below is what he has but unfortunately it doesn't show the side of the truck with the arm.

On Monday, July 8th, I called Wyatt at 3:05pm. He did not pick up so I left him a message to see if he had any updates and that it was my understanding that their trucks have cameras and asked if he could pull the camera footage to see if they showed anything. He never called me back on Monday.

On Tuesday, July 9th, after not hearing back from Wyatt, I called him again at 2:52pm and asked him to call me with an update. He still has not returned my call.

On Thursday, July 11th, at 4:00pm I called and left Wyatt yet another message.

To date, he has never returned any of my phone calls.

I have filed a Police report (report ID 913291) with the Boise Police department.

I am extremely disappointed with the lack of follow through from Wyatt. If Republic
Services is NOT responsible for this, you sure aren't doing a very good job defending or proving that. If Republic Services IS responsible, they sure aren't doing the right thing, morally or ethically.

This is from your website:

At Republic Services, we're guided by five essential core values - to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R's joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It's what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.

I don't see where Republic Services or Wyatt is keeping up with your "values".

I would appreciate SOMEONE from your company to contact me for possible resolution.

Ring video from neighbor: