Reliance Home Comfort — insurance scam
In August 2011 Reliance Home Comfort had a proposition of providing service for both my home furnace and airconditioner for a monthly fee. Two months free coverage but no service during that period. After the two month waiting period was up I telephoned for service three days in a row and was asked to enter a 16 digit account number (?) I waited each time for over an hour and never received a response. Since I was leaving the country for five months I called in a proper furnace company to service and clean both my furnace and air conditioner.
If the 16 digit number represented to Reliance an agreement as far as I was concerned they were in default of the agreement. Since then I have received monthly requests for payment, threatening letters and unpleasant calls from collection agencies. I did at one point call their call centre in India and was told that they could not cancel the agreement until I settled the account. This is clealy a scam and I have no intention of paying but am curious to see how long the harassment will continue.
More Reliance Home Comfort Complaints & Reviews
- Reliance Home Comfort - hot water heater rental
- Reliance Home Comfort - lien on my house
- Reliance Home Comfort - service
- Reliance Home Comfort - furnace repair
- Reliance Home Comfort - bill scam
- Reliance Home Comfort - hot water tank from reliable home comfort.
- Reliance Home Comfort - water softener, air filter
- Reliance Home Comfort - alleged damage to water heater
- Reliance Home Comfort - no service provided with no not water
- Reliance Home Comfort - misrepresenting themselves as having purchased direct energy home services rental water heater contract