Regus Group — dishonest practices - sneakily introducing exit charges
After Basepoint was taken over by Regus, a number of dishonest and underhand practices have arisen.
just before Christmas last year, the rent was upped by 25% although they struggled to get this through. Causing anxiety and stress for many of the small business owners who rent space over the Christmas period.
Now we are moving out and low and behold they introduced an exit clause into the renewal contract - without informing the tenants - which is equivalent to 1 months rent. it is outrageous and downright dishonest.
I get that Regus have to pay for the acquisition but ripping off your customers is really not a good way of doing this.
We are now leaving Basepoint after 5 happy years and to be faced with a massive exit charge which has been sneakily slipped into the renewal contract is outrageous.
this should be waived.
Regus Group Customer Care's Response, Oct 02, 2019
We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. Transparency is key to us and we work hard to ensure full clarity on everything that we do.
When you moved into your office, we carefully ensured it was all in working order and ready for use, therefore we need to do the same for the next customer who will use the space.
In lieu of you having to organise this, we take care of it for you with our office restoration service, so it saves you valuable time and money along with the frustration of dealing with multiple outside vendors such as IT & phone technicians.
We apologise if this service wasn’t explained to you, although it is clearly displayed in your current terms and house rules, which are part of your agreement. We will be happy to assist you so please do not hesitate to contact us at account.[protected]@basepoint.co.uk. Thank you
More Regus Group Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] HQ / Regus Group Network - scam billing and contract fine print 
- Regus Group, Mark Dixon, Hq, - global consumer fraud 
- [Resolved] Regus Group - dishonest practices 
- [Resolved] Regus - hidden renewal clauses and misleading info by reps 
- Regus Office Space - sly business practices 
- [Resolved] Regus Group - regus group
- [Resolved] Regus Group - office services
- [Resolved] Regus Group - virtual office 
- Regus Group - billing scam fraudulent charges 
- [Resolved] Regus Group / Realty / Realtors - customer service position