Complaints & Reviews

Resolved terms & conditions & contract tie in

I set up a mail forwarding service for my company with Regus and after finding it difficult to pay their high...

Resolved hidden fees misleading info by reps

I signed up with Regus in May 2010 with a 1 year agreement. I was told a lot of different things that did not add up in my first billing cycle. The Area manager Judy is very misleading. She told me that they had a 6 month clause stating that if you need to cancel your term agreement before your contract ends that they have a clause that would allow you out depending on the circumstances. When I called Judy to ask about the clause because my job is ending in December of 2010, she told me that she did not add that clause in my contract, after she had told me I had the option. When I complained, she just simply hung up the phone. I called what I thought was the corporate office and talked to a gentlemen that said, someone would call me within 72 hours. I received a call from a lady that heard me out and stated she would call Judy. I called for 2 days to get the results there was no answer. The number that the lady called me from was a personal cell phone. I called from a different number other than my own and suprisingly she answered. She stated that the 6 month clause is not built into my contract that they have to create a seperate clause agreement. When I responed that's what I was told I have she stated Judy said that she remembers mentioning it to me but she did not add the clause. I will not fold and pay these scam artist without a fight. It's a lot easier for me being some of my family members are lawyers but this has to be stopped. Anyone wanting to take this to the next level with these scammers count me in.
I appreciate the advise about the Virtual Transition fee and the hidden 3 month auto renewal clause. I do not have mail sent to the office nor do I use the phone. I will wait to see if they try and charge me with those fees.

RESOLVED

• Regus's response · Sep 16, 2010

Hi Jeff,

We are sorry that you've had a negative experience with Regus and would like to have the opportunity to put things right.

Please do get in touch with customer services directly via the following email address: [email protected]

Please provide the following info:
    - your company name
    - the center you were based at
    - your full name and contact details
    - a link to this forum where you posted the complaint (and please copy & paste the text into the email)
    - mention me (details below)

Here at Regus we are happy and willing to help sort out any issues our customers may have. We also aim to learn from customers' experiences and develop our products and services accordingly.

We're also on Twitter where we'll respond to any pleas for help as quickly as possible and put you in touch with customer services (or relevant department concerned). Any ideas you have to improve products and services - we'd also like to hear your views!

Regus on Twitter:
    Global – http://twitter.com/RegusBlog
    USA & Canada - http://twitter.com/regususa
    Netherlands (Dutch & English) - http://twitter.com/eduardschaepman
    Singapore - http://twitter.com/RegusSingapore
    Hong Kong & Australia - http://twitter.com/RegusAsia

Again, we're happy to help. Please do get in touch.

Chris Woods
    Group Social Media Manager
    Regus

• Hu
    Huh Oct 31, 2010

Jeff - First of all, don't worry. You will win this one very easily, and there is no need for a class action suit. The first step is to always contact your credit card company. They can dispute the fraudulent charge, report the questionable business to visa, mastercard, etc., and creat a formal report. Chances are very good that your credit card company will be the one call you have to make to correct this problem.

One key thing you mention is that they have acknowledged discussing the cancellation clause, but just failed to include it. The fact that you discussed it and they recall that is probably good enough for you to win the argument.

By the way, be careful of anybody named "Chris Woods". It might be a different person, but fraud seems to follow that name.

• In
    InesArditto Feb 07, 2011

Good morning. I've read what happened to you in teh US and I am sad to say that THE SAME situation is happening to me right now in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The hidden 3 month Virtual office fee that, after the 12 month contract I've signed, they try to charge me. In addition to that nobody seems to take action on that. the GM who sold me the 12 month package is aroind the office all the time and say nothing about this even when I copied him in my several emails. Someone from somewhere answer my emails in a rude way saying that I have to paid what I've signed (in fact the contract is in english and is not clear whatsoever about thiis) That's not the point because Istated very cleary that my commintment was for a campus office for 12 month. what surpirsed me is that the modus operandis is being exactly as you stated. EXACTLY so, I asumme that this situation is not a punctual one but a general scam where they want to beat you by tireness (as we say here).
    can you tell me how your "story" ended?
    At least I do not feel lonely in this frustrating and awful situation.
    Regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Ines Arditto

• Am
    amelia brown Jun 06, 2011

Hah Hi what do you know about this Chris Woods? The guy who says he is with Regus in customer service (Group social media manager) Title sounds very suspect . When I asked Regus for Customer Service department they said they do not have one (surprise surpise, that would mean that they would actually have to deal with customers)!! Not something Regus like doing. Regards Millie Brown

Resolved billing scam fraudulent charges

Signed up for virtual office mailbox service was signed up for an additional account without my authorization...

Resolved sly business practices

Regus reminds me of Hotel California, you can check in anytime but you just cant leave. The busine...

Resolved hidden charges/inefficient billing

I recently signed an agreeement with Regus-move-in date is December, and I have had ongoing problems with the...

Resolved crminal activity being carried on from regus offices

Regus provide office space, virtual offices and mailbox services. Numerous boilerroom scam companies work from these addresses. A boiler room scam normally involves cold calling people and hard selling worthless shares, however they also call genuine shareholders and offer to buy their shares at a premium but requesting a fee up front, when the fee is paid it is stolen.

Regus facilitate this criminal activity by allowing these companies to operate from their offices. Many of the companies are the subject of warnings from regulators in the UK, Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, New Zealand and Australia. An e mail complaint to Regus about this matter has not been answered.

The following offices are commonly used, a search of the office address followed by the word 'scam' will return numerous hits. These scams have been operating for several years from Regus offices. This is not an exhaustive list.
14 Rue Du Rhone, Geneva
Seefeldstrasse 69, Zurich
18 Ave Louis Casai, Geneva

Further details can be found at twitter.com/sharescams

• Re
    RegusWillScamU Jan 28, 2010

i am still being hounded by these crooks...today, i get a call from one of their lawyers...i not only cancelled my contract with them, it was because they had rented my space to someone else, but they stole our office supplies...they are so evil and corrupt that I can only wish these parasites a special place in hell. DO NOT GO NEAR THIS OUTFIT... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

Resolved fraud

1 regus uses usa government name to convince of legitimacy...tells you to have signature witnessed by...

Resolved employee

I currently work for this place and I have never worked for a more dishonest and dysfunctional place in all of my life. If I did not need this job I would have walked months ago. I have read most of the complaints and can verify that yes, they nickle and dime, they lie, they cheat and if you are not management you are nothing. The work never stops piling up, there is no training and the pay is horrid. I have never seen more drama and all lead by the infamous ms. Brown. There are no processes in place, nothing to prevent incorrect billing and no one to protect the few that work hard just to get small pay. I worry everyday about the place closing because I see first hand what they do to clients, I feel bad for how they treat not only clients but good people. I search everydayfor a better career, this place has killed my spirit... Never sign anything with this place!!!

• Re
    Regus Canada May 04, 2011

Hi there, i work at Regus too and i totally agree with everything that you mentioned. When i first started working there, i did not get enough training yet the management team expects me to work like i'm psychic. I don't even want to start mentioning the amount of work that we are made to do as CSRs for the management team. Some of them work from home and we are made to do their jobs for them but nobody cares enough to give us a raise. A friend of mine has been with Regus for 3 years and she has never had a raise...why should i stick around seriously? Are you still with Regus?

Regus/Canada.

Resolved office rental

To Whoever reads this posting: Regus are without doubt the most dishonest company I have ever dealt with. I have terminated my contract with them, following meetings and agreed a final date to leave the office - what I didnt count on was that REGUS decided to continue billing me for a smaller amount well after I left the following month. I intend to get that back.

As a side note; The first sentence from the sales rep (a rather snotty and bullshy sales rep), made it very clear that if I should decide not to pay, they will use every means to get payment and then offered me a smaller office at lower rent. I told them they may need to brush up on their sales technique.

STAY AWAY FROM REGUS.

• Va
    VaneetGupta Jan 20, 2010

Well,

There is something in small prints in regus contract that they will automatically put you on virtual office plan when you leave and the terms dont let you leave even.
    Regus buildings, office facilities are un-doubetly excellent, however their billing department, Operations Staff absolutely dont have any co-ordination and seems to be doing 9-5 only. They will deliberately put charges on your account. Will take for ever to resolve that, not to mention late payment fee on those charges. On re-solution, there will be a selective memory not to issue any credit-notes to your account. 2 Months down the line, start every thing over again. (I am in the third round now).
    I am getting impression that this behaviour is deliberately promoted from senior management where in customers will loose patience and end up paying. If they leave, the terms will still get money out of them. Either way they win.

I am existing tenant there in Regus Stockley park, and have many friends who are experiencing similar situation.

Not Recommended...

Vaneet

Resolved business continuation fee

I signed a 3 month lease with regus for $ 540.00 with a $ 370 deposit upfront. I was informed that I could...

Resolved scam billing practice

Unethical contract and billing practice. You find out at the end of the contract term that iIn the very fine print they say you will be billed for "virtual office" services for 3 months for forwarding mail. If you are fortunate to have read this in the first place, you would assume this would be some kind of nominal charge related to costs. NO! For three people we got billed $850 per month for this. And by the way they din't even HAVE our forwarding address so they were doing nothign for this. AND THEY DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE OR EMAILS THEY JUST KEEP BILLING WITH NO OTHER COMMUNICATION POSSIBLE. This is the most unprofessional and unethical business I have ever dealth with, or tried to deal with...

• Sm
    smallbusiness13 Aug 18, 2009

We are a small media company that needed an office so that we can conduct our business in a professional manner. Regus offered us a virtual office plan with 5 hours of conference room time as well as mail handling and voice receptionist for $220 a month. Also, by contract, we were told that they would include our name in the business directory at no charge. Initially, after the first month of billing, they charged us for the business directory fee and began charging all these other fees that were not stated in the agreement. They also told us that they would NEVER tell our clients that they were a virtual office, but a part of our company and I heard from several sources that they in fact told our clients that they were an answering service. Also, they did not answer the phone as they were supposed to on a regular basis and a couple of times all my voice mails were wiped out. After this happened, I started directing my clients to reach me at alternative locations and reduced the amount of mail handling that would come to the office. Nevertheless, we were charged about $500 a month for fees that did not exist. If we were late on payment for a week, they would shut off the service and voicemail theatening me and charging a $45 late fee. I have never experienced this and feel extorted as a small business and am very angry and distraught by this. I want people to know what happened so that this doesn't happen to you. If you are in need of a virtual office, STAY AWAY FROM THEM!! THEY ARE CROOKS, CRIMINALS AND LIARS!!!. God help you if you sign with them.

Resolved global consumer fraud

Mark dixon - ceo of the regus group is the biggest scam artist across the globe! It has been reported...

Resolved dishonest practices

Resolved poor service

I am an at attorney on a tight budget with little time to deal with office-type issues, which is why I opted for the Regus Business Centers in Chicago. The ads are nice and show happy, content clients. What a lie! From slow/freezing internet/server issues to poorly trained staff and nasty management, I would not wish this work environment on anyone. The situation only got worse when construction began in the building (b/c the Merc left) and I requested Regus' assistance in enforcing the building agreement that no drilling or loud pounding take place between 8am - 5pm. Such noise made it difficult to conduct phone conferences and for clients to visit. Regus' solution: move to a new office in the Regus family ... nevermind that March is the BUSIEST and most maddening month for my type of law practice. I don't have time to move!

Today, while I informed Tara (30 S. Wacker manager) and Lynn (assistant manager) that I am extremely busy and do not have time to deal with the issue of moving offices due to the construction noise at the location, both nonetheless – and despite my request that they simply do their jobs and end the excessive noise - opted to ‘drop by’ to further discuss. As I reiterated my need to leave the office to get work done (and was in the process of packing up to go work at home), the conversation grew heated and I asked Lynn to leave (as she was the one who misrepresented that the construction noise would end on Friday of last week). Lynn then informed me (in Tara’s presence) that the office was “her office, too” and refused to leave. If this is the case, then what have I been paying for??? If I am not allowed a private (or even semi-private) space, then I do not think we are seeing eye-to-eye on the meaning of an office. I also did not appreciate Tara’s snarky comments that she “didn’t hear anything” while in the office and that “no other clients have complained.” Note ... that last one is a whopper (not at all true).

When the building inspector and police stopped by last week, the noises were audible – as they were when I sent each e-mail to Tara and Lynn documenting the noise. I experienced all of 15 minutes of quiet in the office since 9:15 am today, and then later when the noise subsided after 11:00 am when Tara and Lynn, uninvited, interrupted my work.

I am voicing dissatisfaction with the way construction noise complaints have been handled at this location and the general attitude and confrontational nature of the manager. I have made little progress speaking with persons from Regus on the phone lines and doubt I will make much progress until my lease is up in October.

I would not recommend Regus to another attorney – not after today.

• Le
    Lewis May 07, 2009

It has Regus written all over it. We have experienced real issues with this office provider; the level of service for one is exceptionally poor.

We'd recommend that you dispute the invoices because you too have expectations.

• Ho
    Houston_Engineer12 Jun 26, 2009

In addtion and to others considering using Regus beware, they are deceptive in that they do not completely disclose terms.
    In my case I had requested a flat 3 month term as I needed a temporary office/meeting room for 1 meeting.
    Their Agent, agreed that they could do this and that at my discretion, services could be expanded and/or renewed. After 45 days passed, I contacted them to make sure they understood that my term was for 3 months and no longer. Their response was that accordding to the terms of the contract, I owed them a 60 day notice prior to termination or the contract automaticaly renewed. After re-reading the fine print of the contract I noticed that this was indeed, stated. I offered to pay an additional 30 days lease to satisfy the notice however they refused.
    Also stated in the contract was that upon renewel rates may change without notice...

There are a number of consumer complaints and Regus is not an accredited (or very credible) company.

• Va
    Vanessa2009 Jun 26, 2009

MARK DIXON - CEO OF THE REGUS GROUP IS THE BIGGEST SCAM ARTIST ACROSS THE GLOBE!

It has been reported through various reliable sources and ex-Regus clients that the REGUS GROUP/HQ MANAGEMENT GROUP is under criminal investigation for fraud, stealing of clients funds, non-delivery of services and falsification of documents.

Should you consider using their office services THINK TWICE before you part with your money. These international scam artists will do EVERYTHING not to deliver their services after they collected your payments.

It further appears that the Regus Group will be filing for bankruptcy very soon, due to the fact that thousands of customer payments have been collected but clients have not seen any professional services in return.

Their global network looks at the first glance impressive, however the “small prints” in their contracts are so clever written that even if they do NOT deliver the office services as contractually agreed on, the client is left ‘hanging in the air’ without any possibility to receive his money refunded.

The Regus managers “in charge” are suddenly “un-available” to solve any problems and the client is “dragged over the floor” for months with “excuse letters” but no improvement of service takes place. Cancellation of contracts are simply “ignored” and requests refunds due to breach of contract by the Regus Group are ignored too.

Instead the client receives invoices for services he never ever ordered or signed for. Or invoices are sent from the Regus Group, which are dated months before the service contract was even signed. This is outright fraud and the therefore this scam operation must be stopped immediately.

DO NOT PAY THEM ANY MONEY IF YOU DON’T WISH TO BE THE NEXT VICTIM. THERE ARE FAR MORE PROFESSIONAL COMPANIES OUT THERE WHO WILL GLADLY OFFER YOU THEIR SERVICES AND THEY DO DELIVER!

IF YOU HAVE EVER DEALT WITH REGUS AND YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE A VICTIM TOO, please contact our Investigative Journalist Team.

THE REGUS GROUP IS A 100% SCAM OPERATION!!! - HERE IS WHAT OTHER CLIENTS AND EX-EMPLOYEES ARE SAYING ABOUT THE REGUS GROUP! STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS!

I can confirmed the validity to the previous post, every single word is true. My lease ended 10/31/2008 and in the last week I recieved and invoice from Regus (Indianapolis, In.) for $850.00 of whch there was no listing or breakdown of why I was receiving this invoice...Just a single unidentified dollar amount. When I called the office, Ispoke with the billing person who did a very poor job of helping me identify the full breakdown of the invoice. After concerted effort I was able to identify phone, mail, covered the fees over a 3 month tranistionary fee...Upon further complaint, the general manager called me today and of course reminded me that this transitionary fee is well represented in my contract that I signed 12 months ago. And of course I contend that at no time in dealling with the office manager at the initial signage of the contract or my exit conversations did this transitionary fee be expressed of discussed to me which I find non-discloser a fraudulant act and places Regus in my opinion as a SCAMMER...I plan to pursue this to and end and want all to know that Regus in my cased misrepresented their contract and service.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think the Regus people are all talk and all sleeze. I had an office at Regus on Rt 128 near Boston. My company paid a lot for it, but i needed a place to work away from two small kids in between sales travel.
    Thru word of mouht I found another executive suites, Highland-March, in Westborough. I really liked th e space and the peaople there a lot and it was much closer to home, so i put in my 3 month notice at Regus. I began working out of Highland-March right away on a day-to-day basis. The staff there was fabulous and the price was almost half of what Regus charged. Really top-notch people.
    So here's the catch: I hadn't shown up at Regus for about 5 weeks, but I still had 6 weeks to go on my contract and my comapny was still paying the (outrageous) monthly fees. Well, I go to my office, unlock the door--and there is someone else working there!! They had taken all my stuff and put it in boxes in storage there, and sold my office right out from underneath me--and I was still paying for it!
    I will never-ever use Regus again.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Our company was opening a new office in Nashville, TN, and we had been searching for a small office space to accommodate our two employees. While doing research, we came across the Regus Group, offering us an all-inclusive package in one convenient monthly bill. This was an ideal plan for us. We began our relationship with Regus in October 2008, and after just one month, we were highly disappointed. We began seeing charges for services that were priced much higher than the area average. Getting in touch with the General Manager at that location was nearly impossible. Emails were sent and phone calls placed, and were not returned for days when there was an urgent need for a response. After being disappointed in so many ways, we decided to terminate our relationship with Regus, and move to the private sector where terms were a bit better, and the bills would be more manageable. We received our final bill from Regus, and saw charges that we never agreed to pay. Regus wanted to charge us a “Business Continuation” fee, which, when looking over the T&C, there was nothing specified that we would be charged for something like that. We had no qualms about paying an exit fee, as this is standard, but we were charged an exorbitant amount. While we could have paid a cleaning service somewhere in the amount of $75.00 to clean the office, Regus charged us more than double that price. We felt really let down by Regus, and will never do business with them again, nor refer anyone to their offices.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Does anyone know if you sign an agreement with Regus and your company goes bankrupt, can they come after you personally? I realize that any responses should be validated by an attorney, etc.

I re-newed my Regus deal 8 months ago after a 6 month contract, then the economy drove my business into the duldrums. I gave notice in February that I was going to vacate and vacated in March. I paid March rent but sent in 2 secret shoppers in late March. They were NOT shown my space. I am a sole proprietor and the agreement was signed in the company's name and written in the company's name. There is NO personal gurarantee on the agreement. I offered them a 75% buyout and they said no. Anybody else experience anything like this?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We moved into Regus HQ in Tulsa, OK in Nov. 2006. The whole time we rented our office space there they seemed to come up with misc. charges for all kinds of things. When we moved out they charged us $2000 and they couldn't tell us what all the charges were even for! And then put a late charge on our bill while they were taking forever to research what our charges were. Here we are, 5 months after we moved out, and we just received ANOTHER invoice for postage and supplies from our "Business Continuation" fee that we were unaware of when we signed the contract. This is a charge for them to forward your mail (You don't have a choice, all the mail that comes is listed as one suite, so you can't intercept @ the post office) not only do they charge to forward your mail, they charge YOU for the postage and supplies that they use. Now we are paying $200 on a $35 postage charge because they slapped two late fees after not billing us on time. Oh, did I mention, it's 5 months later and we haven't received our deposit back from when we moved in?? I would NEVER recommend Regus/HQ to anyone.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THIS POST IF FROM AN EX-EMPLOYEE OF THE REGUS GROUP/HQ MANAGEMENT GROUP. IF THIS IS NOT ENOUGH WARNING FOR ANY CLIENT TO STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAM OPERATORS, THEN WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS…?
    I used to work for Regus and I have to concur that unfortunately, what is written above is true. Please know that with the economy turning, the pressure on managers to gloss over key areas of the contract and then hide behind the fine print will increase. Previously, managers were allowed to discuss those fees. Most did, some did not. The explosion of complaints, I believe, is a direct result of the pressure they are now feeling to sell at any cost - customers be danged. Once you're in you're in and that is the stance that the company will take. I left after years with this company when I finally got tired of fighting against such practices, as have many other managers in the last 8-12 months. Sadly, many of the people who put customers first are no longer there. go to careerbuilder - they can't hire people fast enough to stop the bleeding. I count myself as one of the lucky ones having left early enough to escape the new initiatives that severely reduce incentives, encourage infighting and poor customer management. This company had the potential to be great but is being driven into the ground by fear and greed. If you need to sign a contract with a Regus/HQ building, please read the contract thoroughly and ASK ABOUT EVERY SINGLE FEE LISTED AND EVERY DEADLINE FOR RENEWAL. It appears more likely than not from the comments above that they will not review it and you will certainly end up paying for it. HQ was a great company once. It's sad to see what it's become.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Regus asked for nearly $3600 in security deposit for a 3 month contract. Mark Green, the incompetent manager at 5 Penn Plaza assured me that every single penny would be returned. In mid-March, I upgraded my office from a $1200/month room to $2100/month room. During my upgrade, Mark Green told me that he would waive any fees associated with the upgrade.

To my surprise, I received a $2400 bill for the month of March (I expected to receive a $1650 bill since I moved mid-march). I asked Mark Green what had happened. He told me that he wasn't sure, but that he had spent two hours last night adjusting my bill – the nightmare had begun.

When Mark Green was unable to resolve my bill on April (after coming back with many excuses that he didn't have time to look over my bill), I told him that since my 3 month contract would come to an end on May 1st, I was prepared to leave if he cannot deal with my bill.

Mark Green, frustrated at his lack of understanding of his own company's billing system, delegated his duty to Cathy DeFrenza, another manager who didn't understand her own company's billing system. Cathy assured me that she was prepared to resolve my bill that same day. I was very happy to hear that.

Of course, Cathy disappeared. She was on jury duty for over two weeks. After contacting Mark Green to ask what had happened, I was repeatedly told that Cathy would give me a call. Cathy never did. On June 1st, Mark Green told me that he was no longer in charge of my bill and that the responsibility had been elevated to Regus corporate headquarter.

I called Regus corporate headquarter and another employee who had no idea why Mark Green had forwarded this information answered my call. She informed me that I was being charged a $1000 business continuation fee and that my security deposit will not be returned until I've resolved my account. There was no hope left. I had no one to speak to about my overcharged bill on the month of March. Regus also charged me $300 wear and tear fee for an office I had used for three months. The office was practically brand new when I left

So here's my advice: don't go to Regus if you want an honest billing system. I found that there are much better offices with windows (mine had none). If you put in $3600 security deposit, know that you will probably get $1000 back or NOTHING AT ALL.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I confirm this as well. I was a fool and signed two agreements with them. The first was for an office for $600 a month. *I never paid less than $1200* for that lease. At the end, I was hit with an $800 virtual continuation feel. I then really needed an office for reasons that don’t matter, so I signed a 3 month contract for $205 a month for basically a broom closet. It turned into a 4 month contract because they don’t count partial months as part of the terms and of course I never paid less than $525 a month for that lease. I had to extend it once and of course went for an extra 4 months instead of three. Well, After the 5th month I moved to a more traditional office and figured I'd just cancel the extra phone and internet charges and just eat the $205 fee for the rest of the lease. They told me that I couldn’t cancel the phone or internet and it was in my contact! I was so disgusted I haven't even looked at the contract again to see what rabbit they're pulling out of their hat (like the virtual continuation). I figured the hell with them and I’ll never ever do business with them again.

OH! My lease is paid via credit card. Well, last month (my LAST month w/ them ever, thank god), my credit card was declined. They charged me a credit card declined fee!!! hahaha have you ever heard of such things!! These people have some nerve to say the least.

HQ Global Workplaces/Regus Group Complaints –
    Fraud, Employee Theft of Identity

HQ Global Workplaces/Regus Group

Fraud, Employee Theft of Identity

I recently returned from my military mission in Iraq as one of the thousands USA soldiers and thankful to be joined again with my family, but worried about how I would support them. I borrowed $1350 from a loved one and then went to add the funds to my bank account. Within minutes, I discovered that a company named HQ Global Workplaces had charged my account $326.00. When I called my card company to inquire and dispute the charges, they suggested I first call the merchant. When I called the merchant (HQ Global Workplaces) they informed me that they had charged my card because someone using a different name other than mine, had ordered some type of virtual office service. They refused to refund the money to my card even though I told them that I was not the one who made the transactions. I offered them proof of my identity and even offered to send them a photocopy of my id and my credit card to show that the name on my card is not the name that was used to make the transaction. I also offered to provide them with I had just returned from the military and could not have possibly made the transaction. I will unfortunately have to spend more time and money in taking them to court 'but in the meantime, I still am out of $1350 and my rent is due.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Exclusion and limitation clauses - Commercial contracts AND THE FRAUDULENT REGUS STRATEGIES
    In our June 2007 commercial update, we reported the decision in Regus (UK) Ltd -v- Epcot Solutions Ltd [2007] EWHC 938 (Comm) in which an exclusion clause in the supplier's standard terms was held to be unreasonable under section 3 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 (UCTA). The court reached this view on the grounds that the clause left the customer, Epcot, with no real remedy for breach of contract. In a recent judgment ([2008] EWCA Civ 361), the Court of Appeal upheld the clause and it is important to understand why.
    Epcot, a small IT training provider, rented high quality serviced office accommodation from Regus for a number of years but the relationship was marred by a number of problems, including the inadequacy of the air-conditioning system in the premises which ultimately led to Epcot claiming substantial damages. Regus attempted to rely on the exclusion clause in its standard terms, the relevant parts of which were as follows:
    "We will not in any circumstances have any liability for loss of business, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of or damage to data, third party claims or any consequential loss. [The customer was advised to insure accordingly.] We will be liable ... up to a maximum equal to 125 per cent of the total fees paid under your agreement ... or £50, 000 (whichever is the higher), in respect of all other losses, damages, expenses or claims."
    In the Court of Appeal, Rix LJ held that the trial judge had erred as to the scope of the clause and Epcot's available remedies. Rix LJ pointed out that the obvious and primary measure of loss for the defective air-conditioning is the diminution in value of the services provided - i.e. the difference between the value of air-conditioned offices and non-air-conditioned offices. Although the first limb of the clause excluded some heads of loss, notably loss of profits and consequential loss, it left this primary measure of loss untouched.
    It was argued that the first limb was unreasonable because it operated "in any circumstances", i.e. even in the case of Regus's fraud or deliberate acts. This was a misconstruction. Liability for fraud or malice would always be accepted because parties contract with each other in the expectation of honest dealing. Extreme or remote possibilities like these should not be the primary focus when assessing clauses for reasonableness.
    Looking at the UCTA reasonableness factors, Rix LJ pointed out that Epcot's CEO was an intelligent and experienced businessman who was well aware of Regus's standard terms and used a similar exclusion himself. There was no inequality of bargaining power, as shown by negotiating patterns and Epcot's obvious awareness of alternative providers. As for insurance, it would have been far easier for Epcot to insure against the losses mentioned in the first limb. Overall, the first limb met the requirement of reasonableness and the figures of the higher of 125 per cent or £50, 000 specified in the second limb were, in fact, described as "generous".
    The trial judge had originally stated that the first part of the clause could not be severed and therefore the whole thing failed. By the time of the appeal, it had been conceded that severability was possible, allowing the second limb to remain intact. Rix LJ approved this approach, despite the fact that the clause was not divided into separate sub-clauses, because the two limbs were clearly independent of each other and served different purposes (i.e. one excluding liability, and the other limiting it).
    Anyone whose standard terms include a cap of this type will be reassured by the Court of Appeal's stance. Lawyers, too, can distil some drafting guidance from the judgment. In particular, clauses should be split into separate sub-clauses, wherever possible, with clear numbering to differentiate them, and drafted so that they are capable of standing alone if one part is struck out. This should be supported by a severability clause in the boiler plate.
    THIS IS JUST ANOTHER WARNING TO STAY AWAY FROM REGUS AND/OR HQ MANAGEMENT GROUP. THESE GUYS AR CROOKS!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THE REGUS GROUP IS THE BIGGEST SCAM OPERATION GLOBALLY!!! - HERE ARE MORE FACTS FROM REGUS CLIENTS AND EX-EMPLOYEES OF THE REGUS GROUP! WARNING!!! STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS!

Regus / Office Rental Complaints - Bait and switch

Regus / Office Rental

Bait and switch

Prior to signing of my contract with Regus, Mark Sinclair (General Manager) assured me there would not be any additional fees/hidden fees. I was informed by a competitor that Regus had hidden fees and not to go with them during my research of finding a temp office space. My contract was for 3 months. During the last week of my contract I emailed and personally asked the Operations manager, Marybeth Catinella if I had to sign, review, final walk through, and anything else prior to my last date so that I do not get any other charges then what I have already paid. Marybeth Catinella said "dont worry about it, everything is fine" and that I should receive my deposit in 30 days. On the 30th day I receive an invoice for $1032.50. After further research I found out the contract had a clause with NO FEE SCHEDULE about "continuing business" setup. I asked Mark Sinclair about the fee and he just email replying "I just received word back from my boss that Regus cannot waive the business continuity charges that are outlined in section 23 of the terms and conditions of the service agreement."
    I'm a small business owner. Every dollar matters! I received a PROMISE from the General Manager assuring me there will be no other fee then the $600 per month and assured me his competitor was lying. When I asked the Operations Manager if I needed to do anything to assure my full deposit with no other charges, she stated "dont worry about it, everything is fine".
    I should have ended my contract when I received my 1st invoice with a higher agreed fee of $600 BUT again I was sold by the General Manager, Mark Sinclair.
    I am very upset that I was deceived and not told all the information by the General Manager and the Operations Manager (Mark Sinclair and Marybeth Catinell).
    I want to warn others of Regus's hidden fees and bait and switch sales tactic.

More Clients Comments about Fraud Techniques of Regus & the CEO Mark Dixon

141 days ago by Sara S

Regus is the BIGGEST rip off in the world. They charged us than here in Cupertino for one YEAR of membership and the place closed down right after. Now, they have scamed us of our money and no refunds are issued.

I am FURIOUS...DO NOT PAY A DIME TO REGUS BUSINESS CENTERS...PLS KEEP YOUR MONEY AWAY FROM THESE FRAUDS...

ANYONE WANTS TO SUE THEM? LET ME KNOW...i AM ALL FOR IT!

119 days ago by twinkle1000

Yes I totally agree I am having murder with one in the UK at the moment who have provided an absolute sham of a service and wont do a thing about it having a huge detriment on my business!!! Steer clear of Regus
    69 days ago by IhateRegus

I concur about everything that has been stated! We were hit by the same charges unknown to us! They are scams and something has got to be illegal about what they're doing.

I agree, stay clear of Regus.
    9 days ago by Hardworker

Me too. I've been in business for 10 years and signing up for a year with Regus has proved to be the biggest mistake I've made. I'd like to agree that they are the BIGGEST rip off in the world - please please read and then read again anything you sign with them and they are also a sham of a service.

I'd strongly advise others not to make the mistake I made by signing up with them.

And yes, I'd love to sue them. I also have a good case. Does anyone have Mark Dixons email address? He is the CEO of this absymal Company.
    9 days ago by Hardworker

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Regus Business Centers are Fraud Centers

Posted: 2009-03-10 by
    Attorney

Poor Service

I am an attorney on a tight budget with little time to deal with office-type issues, which is why I opted for the Regus Business Centers in Chicago. The ads are nice and show happy, content clients. What a lie! From slow/freezing internet/server issues to poorly trained staff and nasty management, I would not wish this work environment on anyone. The situation only got worse when construction began in the building (b/c the Merc left) and I requested Regus' assistance in enforcing the building agreement that no drilling or loud pounding take place between 8am - 5pm. Such noise made it difficult to conduct phone conferences and for clients to visit. Regus' solution: move to a new office in the Regus family ... nevermind that March is the BUSIEST and most maddening month for my type of law practice. I don't have time to move!

I would not recommend Regus to another attorney – not after today.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

50 days ago by Lewis

We'd recommend that you dispute the invoices because you too have expectations.
    10 hours 21 minutes ago by Houston_Engineer12

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It has been reported through various reliable sources and ex-Regus clients as well as ex-employees that the REGUS GROUP/HQ MANAGEMENT GROUP is under criminal investigation for fraud, stealing of clients funds, non-delivery of services and falsification of documents. The list of client and ex-employee complains is getting longer everyday.

• Bu
    BusinessAttorney Dec 07, 2009

I am an attorney entrepreneur and am always seeking creative solutions to the issue of a business workspace/professional mailing address/identity/etc.

I have been completely taken advantage of by Regus. My card has been mis-charged time and time again. I have spent hours upon hours trying to resolve these issues. They have tampered with my mail, refused delivery of important packages, and over-charged me every single month since I signed up for a business mailbox in June.

I also signed up for the business 5-day office use plan and was told that it was a month-to-month contract after the first three months and that it would be no problem to cancel it. When I wanted to cancel the contract, they told me that I signed a year contract. When I disputed this claim, they then claimed that I had to provide 90 days notice. None of this was in my initial contract.

Brian McDermott in Century City is a complete scam artist. He used high-pressure sales tactics to con me into signing the office agreement much quicker than I wanted. Jerome Grant of Centurty City has over-charged my card every single month!

I have lost valuable time, energy, business prospects, and emotions dealing with this company. I will do everything in my power to pursue all available remedies.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY.

Resolved scam billing and contract fine print

Please read this word of caution. I am a victim by hq / regus group network office rentals... If you are...

Resolved fraud, employeetheft of identity

I recently returned from Iraq thankful to be joined again with my family, but worried about how I would...