Regal Cinemas & Regal Entertainment Group / customer service

United States Review updated:

I was at the theater in Fairfield CA last week to watch Aladdin. I was in the lobby near the back concession counter when a young man, who I have seen at the theater on several occasions walked up to a customer and asked if everything was ok. She spoke to him for a few min. My daughter had just gone to the restroom to wash her hands. Before my daughter had returned (so less than 2 min) a manager approached and asked the young man if he were on break, she said this loudly enough so that I could hear (I could not hear his conversation with the other customer) he said that he was not. She replied that he better go now. He said goodbye to the customer and left. About a min or so later my daughter came out of the bathroom and we left. As we were exiting the same manager woman was standing outside the front concession booth glaring at another young man, who has been employed there for a long while, with her arms crossed - he looked nervous. I looked at her and she gave me, what I would consider, a threatening look. As we reached the mall I seen the original young man who was told to go on break and made a comment to him about where he was getting lunch. He said he would not be getting lunch because he was sent home for talking to his mother. I could not believe it. I was there thru the entire transaction and he was not talking to his "mother" for more than a few min, and I do not think at the time she knew it was his mother, in addition I think that it is good company policy for employees to engage with customers. Yes, it is a fine line, when working with young people but the attitude of the woman who sent him home was ridiculous.
I later inquired as to who the woman is and I was told her name is Cat the deputy general manager. I would simply call her a bully.
In short I would like to add that the young man who was sent home has worked there for, what seems like, several years. I have always found him to be extremely efficient and friendly with customers, the "deputy" on the other hand is someone who is making me question if I even want to visit Regal anymore, especially when both Cinemark and Brendon are nearby and are quickly surpassing Regal in every aspect.
A former Regal Customer

El
Jun 14, 2019

Comments

• Mi
      Jun 15, 2019

You need to send this to Regal Cinemas directly.