Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Magazines & Newspapers Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands Non acknowledgment of subscription payment

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - Non acknowledgment of subscription payment

B
Author of the complaint
3:43 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a regular subscriber of Readers Digest. In Apr, 2007, Readers Digest sent me a renewal reminder and I sent them a cheque for Rs 399 the same week. The cheque was encashed in May, 2007 and inspite of over 5 reminders they have even refused to respond to my E mail queries. Their subscription dept in my city asks me to contact their Mumbai office and no one gives any clear answers.

Readers Digest used to be a decent publication but in the recent years has become absolutely pathetic. I am sick and tired of sending them reminders when they don't have the basic decency to respond.

Helpful? 0 0

More Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands complaints & reviews

11 comments
R
Nov 20, 2018 3:43 am

Number to call is [protected] to claim a super cash lotto, asking for agent Gerald Morgan but cannot get through to the number - either no answer or circuit busy signal.

W
Nov 19, 2018 3:43 am

I received a bill for a book that I did not order on 6/17/16. Bill date: June 14, 2016. Item was shipped on 05/16.
Acct # [protected]
Request to remove this bill from my account.

N
Oct 22, 2018 3:43 am

I will appreciate if all the copies are sent to my residential address : flat b13/13, saf games village, koyambedu, chennai -600107.
please mail all the monthly issues

C
Jun 07, 2010 3:43 am

my name is jayant parchure from indore city. i am a subscriber of readers digest . I have not received the r d issues of march, april may 2010. I have sent the complaint but nothing has been heard .. from jayant. email id [email protected]

S
Jun 15, 2009 3:43 am

I keep receiving notices to renew my subscription to account [protected]. I sent my check # 4491 dated Nov. 20, 2008 in the amount of $17.97 in reply to your offer to renew my own subscription and receive 4 free subscriptions to friends. I have a bank copy of my check that was deposited to account # 6903843. Since it is a small copy and not too clear, I can't make out the date of deposit. I am concerned about this as I don't want to discontinue my subscription. Please check into this and let me know at: [email protected]

Sara DerMatoian

K
Aug 05, 2008 3:43 am

Dear Sir,
I am recieved one book Art for kids but Due to my long absence, I was unable to receive my remain order

Please send again and obliged.

Ketan Chauhan

My E_mail ID
[email protected]
[email protected]

Nov 02, 2007 3:43 am

[protected] VERY URGENT
I received an email, 2/3 months back, that I had a fantastic chance of winning all sorts of prizes, if I subscribed to One years subscription of Reader's Digest by paying Rs.379/-, which I did by V.P.P.

The email was so gullible that I fell for it lock, stock and barrel & paid what was asked. As far as any prizes, which were given as bait to me, were concerned-All I got was was a breath of Fresh Air!
Thanks for Your well planned " Con-Game".

Be that as it may, very soon, in the end of October, Readers Digest again emailed me, that I again stood to win all sorts of prizes- Fascinating cars, prize money of different magnitudes if I paid, some money- Rs.379/- for what "Con-Game", I WANT TO KNOW ?

I WOULD IMMEDIATELY LIKE TO KNOW, AS I HAVE TODAY RECEIVED - 3 garbage type books by V.P.P. of Rs 379 + Rs.19/-postage = Rs.398/-, which I have paid.

I CLEARLY REMEMBER-that in the email to me a week ago, your email shuffled the Ace & Queen extremely quickly asking me to click the Ace, which will give me 2 Free books. However, it was impossible to click the Ace but suddenly your reply came to me, that I had clicked the "joker" & a photo of the joker was shown to me. IMMEDIATELY YOUR EMAIL CLEARLY TOLD ME THAT I HAD WON 3 FREE BOOKS!

The irony of all this is that, today I received a packet from their postman by V.P.P. asking for Rs,379/-+ Rs.19/- postage= Rs 398/-which I paid.

When opening the packet, this morning, I was shocked to find the same 3 garbage type books -Which You said very clearly that I had won Free!

Hence, kindly explain to me, what is your highly blatant " CON-GAME' all about and IMMEDIATELY REFUND ME THE SUM OF Rs.398/- for the 3 books, which you clearly told me, that I have won for FREE.

Whoever you send with my Rs.398/-, conned from me, can collect the your "garbage type" 3 books, which are lying intact.

Kindly note, that if you do not immediately refund me an amount of Rs.398/-, My Advocate has already been thoroughly briefed in your " Con Game" and I will be immediately filing a criminal case of "Cheating/ Extortion" against the crooked
- READER'S DIGEST & you will be responsible for all the very severe consequences, that will surely arise thereafter.

DEEPAK SAWHNY
###.Editor The Times Of India
3rd floor, Editorial Dept
The Times Of India Bldg.
Mumbai-400 001.
Cell:[protected]

A
Oct 07, 2007 3:43 am

Readers Digest service records in India seem to be taking a nose-dive from poor to completely unacceptable!
I had ordered for a gift subscription for my dad about two months ago and till date neither has a single issue reached him, nor have I recieved any communication on this matter. It is disgusting! The RD website is so confusing that getting to an India site customer service to access the phone contact or e-mail, is a real pain!

J
Aug 12, 2007 3:43 am

I received a Reader's Digest bill for musical C.D.'s I did not order.

Jul 11, 2007 3:43 am

Readers Digest has become a greedy giant. I have responded to their offers, sent them money, they cashed the check... and never received any magazines or replies to my communications.

Jun 03, 2007 3:43 am

Readers Digest in India does not care for its subscribers

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

100 complaints