Readers Digest And Pepsi Co$1 million $ sweepstakes winner

Letter claiming you have won $1, 000, 000 with Readers Digest and Pepsi Co. sweepstakes. NOT TRUE. Check was enclosed for $5, 400.00 and it is fraudulent... no ABA routing number was my first clue. Envelope comes with a Canadian stamp on it, and the letter is written in very bad English. Grammer and punctuation is strange. Don't believe it.. don't send any money to them and report them to the US Postal Service. Federal offense to use the postal service to deliver fraudulent checks.

Readers Digest should warn all their subscription holders!

V Jarrett
Mission Viejo, CA

SanJacintoCA Jul 21, 2009

I received the same check last night. I was so excited that I won. But It was odd that the check came from Canada and the check was not in English. It states to call my representative Ken Brockman, all I got was a recording. This is awful that these people get away with messing with ones emotions. These people should be put in prison for 1. using the USPS on delivering their mail, 2. writing fraudulant checks. Im so glad I googled this morning, or else I would have been in trouble with my bank.

• Li
    Lincoln 1 Jul 15, 2009

I also received a letter and check form Pepsi with a header of Readers Digest. I thought was a trick but called the phone # given, no person answer had to leave a message. Look up on website under Reders Digest Pepsi and found these messages. There should be some way to stop this type of fraud. I am in California and my check came for Lakewood, Co band Bank One. also letter was mail from Canada.
    I will bring the letter and check to my Post Office hope some how
    they can stop this type of fraud on older people.
    Thank you.

• Mr
    mrandolph Jul 08, 2009

My mother-in-law is elderly and receives these all the time. I have recently started checking her mail with her in the evenings to avoid any identity theft issues. She received this in the mail and was on the verge of taking the check to the bank when I questioned her. I had her sit down with me to look it up on the internet to determine the validity and when she read the other comments, she shredded it. I hate to see how many other elderly people are getting scammed on a daily basis.

Anna Jun 08, 2009

Recieved the same mail when I asked the lady on the other end of the line For her address, in NY she hung up. I contacted Chevy Chase Bank Iin VA. and informed them of the scam. I will also be contacting Furton Corporation.