Readers Digest3 free gifts

See the readers digest complaint reports, of which there are many.
We receive a post card from Readers Digest with the BOLD offer "3 FREE GIFTS are waiting for you!" .
When I try to access this site I see a host of complaints but no direction.
What a SCAM.

Norma Filppula Sep 22, 2011

I don't want the small Reader's Digest and please stop sending me the bills for one. I read only the large type and it seems when you send the request for a Reader's Digest by mail it will get you every time. It is frustrating and confusing. Refrain from sending them again and remove me from the small Reader's Digest list. To say the least I am a bit disappointed with this company. I only get the large type. What do I do with the small type. Can I return them or throw them away? Sincerely Norma F. RDA0319293469/2#

• Ec
    echo's Mom Sep 06, 2011

i received a post card that said to go to readersdigest.com/myfreegifts-went to the site(it is really there but it was to get you to agree to join their book club. THEN you will get the three gifts. the post card does not say that anywhere AND it says 3 FREE(means no strings attached) waiting for you. I was very dissappionted in Readers digest for that. I just recently started getting their magazine again. This card was mis-leading-I guess I am not "special subscriber "afterall. When my subscription is up I will not renew because of this. A business like them should know FREE means free not if you sign up or try out or what ever. Free means free no strings attached.
    sorry nothing free in this post card.

Sandy08965 Aug 12, 2011

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH READERS DIGEST! THEY CONSTANTLY SEND OUT LETTERS SAYING YOU NEED TO RENEW. YOU GET A SUBSCRIPTION, AND THEY BUG AND HOUND YOU AFTER THE VERY FIRST MONTH. I HAVE NOW DECIDED TO AVOID THIS MAGAZINE AS THEY SEEM SHADY AND SEND OUT CARDS LIKE THE ONE I GOT THAT PROMISED FREE GIFTS- WHICH IS A SCAM. I HATE THEIR TACTICS OF TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO PAY FOR MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS! BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THESE PEOPLE. WHEN I WAS DONE WITH MINE THEY THREATENED TO SEND MY NAME TO A COLLECTION AGENCY BECAUSE I DID NOT RENEW MINE- I IGNORED THEM AS THERE WAS NO WAY THEY WERE GONNA BULLY ME!!!

• Ss
    S. Stanek Jul 25, 2011

I wholeheartedly agree with all of you. I got the postcard too and tried to find it - what a ripoff. I thought Readers Digest was the one thing I could trust. Another bubble burst. What is America coming to?

janice stonoha Mar 05, 2011

false advertisement will not resubscribe

wonderful reading material

great magizine

• Gr
    greatbuys4less Feb 14, 2011

www.readersdigest.com/myfreegifts

• La
    larry anderson Feb 14, 2011

Where are the free gifts posted ! What a scam.

• La
    larry anderson Feb 14, 2011

where are the free gifts ! What a scam.

• Wi
    WILLIAMS AND COMPANY Feb 11, 2011

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON THE BOGUS THREE GIFTS. READERS DIGEST USED TO BE HONEST FORTHRIGHT COMPANY. HAS CORPORATE GREED FINALLY GOT TO RD ? NO MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR ME.

• Pa
    paraque? Feb 08, 2011

Readers Digest, did it again. but is going to be the last time I subscribe with them!!!

• Pa
    paraque? Feb 08, 2011

This is the second time happen to me about something free from this magazine. That's it, no more subscription to Reader's Digest magazine.

• Re
    redhead Bonnie Feb 06, 2011

Yes I just received my "3 FREE GIFTS' card with my March 2011 magazine. But can not pull up the site they said to go to. What gives? Also, surely you can see that you are sending two magazines to the same person/address. And charging for both also...

• Gr
    greatbuys4less Jan 25, 2011

It is for an offer for 3 free items if you sign up for this: Please send me my FREE book and my FREE bonus thank you gift and enroll me in Select Editions. I understand that both gifts are mine to keep FREE, without obligation to buy future volumes, just for trying Select Editions. I will then receive a new book every 2 to 3 months for just $21.98 plus $5.99 delivery and state tax, if any. If I'm not completely satisfied, I may cancel at any time simply by notifying Reader's Digest. No minimum number of books to buy.

• Gl
    gloria b. Oct 21, 2010

where are the free gifts i didnt even send for the readers diigest, so whats up with that.

• Rt
    rtwice Apr 10, 2010

If by "gifts" they mean: annoyance, aggravation and irritation, then I suppose I did get my 3 free gifts

• Ly
    lynn42025 Apr 08, 2010

WHAT 3 FREE GIFTS??????????????????????????????????

• Gb
    GBW Apr 05, 2010

The scam IS from Reader's Digest when it has my account number on it, and came inside the clear wrapper around the magazine!

• Sc
    Schwimpie Apr 03, 2010

The scam is not perpetrated by Reader's Digest. IT IS A SCAM BY SOMEONE PRETENDING TO BE FROM THEM! Use your heads, people!!!

• Ca
    Carol Marck (Mrs. Charles T.) Mar 29, 2010

I don't understand why you bother to offer such a thing and then bring us to this page where it is all the complaints about the offer is a shame! Why on earth are you even spending the money to send a card saying "free gifts", when there turns out to be nothing but a complaint page?????????

• Rk
    rkieffer Mar 23, 2010

I too rec'd my new subscription to Reader's Digest along with a card to logon to readersdigest.com/3free website. No direction on where to go, just complaints. Not to mention, it's the middle of March and I received the February issue!

You guys gotta get it together!
    rkieffer

• Nm
    nmishra Feb 27, 2010

I just received my copy of Readers Digest. It came with a card to logon to readersdigest.com/3free, website and receive 3 free gifts. I do not see that website anywhere. Is this a scam? Why do they send this card if they can not send the 3 free gifts?

anne w. fleming Feb 22, 2010

so whats the deal...what are the 3 free gifts...Anne
    W. Fleming

anne w. fleming Feb 22, 2010

so whats the deal...what are the 3 freee gifts... Patti Love/ [email protected]

thanks in advance for your prompt response.

• Da
    david62 Jan 31, 2009

No site exists!! If you are going place these contests for people to register, then you need to have a site to go to. We have been with Readers Digest for many years, and lately it has been more of a problem than it is worth. We may need to re-think our status with this company for magazines, books and entering contests. You need to make this fair for everyone and not a select few.