Having problems with ReachLocal?

ReachLocal Customer Service Contacts

1300 655 312 (Australia)
+1 877 525 6084 (USA and Canada)
+1 888 991 3424 (Sales / USA and Canada)
+64 800 466 585 (New Zealand)
+31 202 583 002 (Netherlands and Belgium)
+54 810 222 9691 (Argentina)
+57 17 432 301 (Colombia)
21700 Oxnard Street, Suite 1600

Kurfürstendamm 22, D-10719 Berlin

Netherlands
WTC D-Tower 8th Floor, Strawinskylaan 865, 1077 XX, Amsterdam

Mexico
Viena # 22 piso 7˚, Col. Juárez, México D.F.

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ReachLocal Customer Service. Initial ReachLocal complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ReachLocal above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ReachLocal. Discuss the issues you have had with ReachLocal and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

ReachLocal Complaints & Reviews

Reachlocalplease, never use them if you don't want to lose your money!!

Nothing positive to say. This company is a scam and you definitely should stay away from them.
They usually take the money and do nothing to deserve it. So you decide.
That's what happened to me. I know it was fraud, they stole my money and disappeared without providing me the service.
This is my first bad review against them, but not the last one. I will leave others on different websites. All I want is to warn customers (the ones you have and your future ones).

RESOLVED

• ReachLocal's response · Oct 05, 2017

Helene, We're unable to find you in our system and would like to speak with you about your review so we can get to the bottom of this. Please contact our Customer Advocacy team directly at [email protected] so we can learn more about your experience.
      ReachLocal

reachlocal.comthey stole money from me and impossible to return it

I had really bad experience with the company www.reachlocal.com.au. I started my own marketing business, but within 2 years this company helped with my business as well as they stole from me. They took more percentages from me as we agreed before. I can’t return this money, and therefore I wanted to warn other people. This company is really dishonest and I hope that one day someone will close it. Share your views about it.

Reach Local — ripped off $100, 000 by reach local

I was also ripped off by Reach Local. They were deceptively pocketing an additional 50% of my marketing...

Victoria Park

Reachlocal — online ppc campaign

It's about time Reachlocal changed their Tag Line - 'We Know Online Marketing" to "We have...

Reach Localawful service

"REACHLOCAL" Simply awful. The worse company you could ever hire to handle any aspect of your internet marketing. Upper management is always out to lunch and you will never get past the front lines who are mediocre. If you are a business owner beware. If you are an employee and you hire this people, you might as well kiss your job good bye. Having done business with this company is the worse mistake of my life. The amount of money wasted by having believed their first month or 2 smoke screen has been devastating.

• Me
          Merav Aug 09, 2012

Awful!
          They charge so much for clicks! 3-4 times as much as I was paying on my own. And they tell you your budget will be for a month. Except they mislead you and a month is actually a "cycle" in their contacts. Then they make your monthly budget run out faster than a month and you end up spending way more than anticipated. I want my money back and I want out!!!
          Do not use them!!

Reachlocal Marketinganything that looks and sounds too good to be true is just that - too good to be true

I received a letter from Reachlocal Marketing regarding being selected to be a Mystery Shopper. I had put my name in to be a mystery shopper at a web site a long time ago and thought that they finally picked me. They sent me a check for $2, 945 (bank check that looked very real). They wanted me to go to Wal-Mart, buy some items which I can keep, send the bulk of the money to someone identified in the letter thru Money Gram or Western Union and then fill out a form regarding both transactions. I called the number on the letter and spoke to someone who gave me further instructions and had me fill out an acceptance form. It all sounded real but too good to be true. I did google Reachlocal Marketing and found a company call Reachlocal who sounded good - nothing bad appeared. I then deposited the check in my bank account. This time I searched for mystery shopper and found lots of these scams using a different company name but the same requests. I called my bank and they got a hold of the fraud department who will put a hold on the check. They told me that they have been seeing this type of thing for the last month and the check will bounce. What this company wants you to do is not wait for the check to clear but immediately follow the instructions on the letter sending your money to them which you will never get back. Although I am writing this before the check bounces I wanted to alert others that they use different names but use the same scam. Anything that looks and sounds too good to be true is just that - too good to be true!

Reach Local — cloned my website without permission

Reach Local cloned our hotel website in collusion with Blizzard Internet. We never authorized a mirror...

Reachlocalscam artists

Why do you think it is a shame when everyone believes what they read?
          I could prove that their Internet Consulting Service has a “rotten smell” on my five fingers.
          I’m a businessman from Toronto. I do conduct my Google Adwards program for many years. It is so simple you could train monkey to do that. Recently I became being bomb ordered by their so called “Internet Consultants” through unauthorized calling, who were trying to promote their “gimmicks” without basic understanding what they were talking about. O.K. I told to myself maybe it’s is just a sales personal. But when I checked their own advertising program on Google Adwards I became furious how negligently they burning others businesses money (they proudly declare it as 300, 000 + campaigns), if they don’t know how to manage its own expenses. I have included two screen capturers about their own advertising programs from Google Adwords.
          Anyone with a basic SEM knowledge knows that to keep Cost Per Click as much lower as possible you have to have relevant content on your directed to web page and relevant advertising copy wording. And my question: Is it not a scam to charge others for the stuff they themselves have no any glue about.
          What you could see from the picture of Markup Validation Service, their directed to Web Page www.reachlocal.ca has 44 code errors and (most important) 24 code warnings. It means that Google charges them extra for their clumsy page maintenance for their own PPC program. You could go to Google Adwords Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines to find out why Google increases cost per clicks. But the previous opponent (a big possibility to be a representative from ReachLocal) who declares that:

“1st off- Reachlocal does nothing with SEO. Its SEM.
          SEO and SEM are completely 2 different worlds. In no way does SEM(ppc) affect your SEO (organic/natural listings) on the page. You can contact Google directly and they will say the same thing. “

is purposely lying or once again doesn’t know what is talking about.
          From next screen capture analysis even worse. Any marketing student will tell you that to find the best ad copy you need to spend 90% of your time on testing, testing and testing.
          Unfortunately the screen capture shows only 8 their ads, in reality there 1, 377 same Ad Copies for different keywords that means in most cases they paid extra for non-relevancy with time frame almost 280 days per year. They vigorously were thrashing their money (how stupid it is) without any test or experiment to get a cheaper price for its own pay-per-click program. Do I have to trust them that other 300, 000 compains for other businesses are run differently and more professionally?
          And the last point. Please don’t call yourself Internet Marketing Consultants if you proudly admit that you don’t do anything with SEO (organic/natural listing). I have checked 20 most searched keywords in their field and their presence was only for one keyword and it was place number 40 on Google, no presence on Yahoo or Bing at all. The most businesses, they run advertising program, have its own web sites and do I need so called “Internet Marketing Consultant” from ReachLocal who does not know how to increase my web standing organically to get traffic for free. It is like going to heart surgery specialist who admits that he does not know anything about anatomy or physiology.
          By the way, why should they strive to bring more leads to your business doorstep, if their business formula is very simple: Cost pay-per-click + their markup is paid by YOU, no questions to ask.

scam artists
          scam artists

• Ba
              Bartely Nov 08, 2011

ReachLocal is a total scam, this company is not good with SEM, or SEO, try someone else.

• Sh
              Shajers May 29, 2011

ReachLocal.com is a scam!!! Their sales people are extremely rude, they use techniques that are absolutely ridiculous! Once you sign their contracts you will find out that what you are actually getting from them. Complete scam! Ask them how much their mark ups are and how much you are actually getting for your investment. $1 means $0.50 or less when buying your pay-per-clicks from ReachLocal.com. Do not believe or trust this company!!! They will knock on your door as much as they can, but they also knock on your competitions door and tell them and sell them on everything and anything they know from you. They don't shy back selling to you and all of your competition as well. They are not loyal, they are not trust worthy. They are a scam!

• Ic
              Icanmakeafakesn Sep 25, 2010

Wow sounds like you should be running your own sem firm. So you wrote a complaint and never ran with them.

• Dr
              DR Stein&Ross Nov 07, 2009

Worst Company, had four reps in the last six months and are very uneducated and doubt the manager had a College Degree or knowledge of the internet world, cancel and kick them out they will sell you lemons and tell you it is lemonade.

Reachlocalwhy it is a rip off

Why do you think it is a shame when everyone believes what they read?

“1st off- Reachlocal does nothing with SEO. Its SEM.

is purposely lying or once again doesn’t know what is talking about.
            And the last point. Please don’t call yourself Internet Marketing Consultants if you proudly admit that you don’t do anything with SEO (organic/natural listing). I have checked 20 most searched keywords in their field and their presence was only for one keyword and it was place number 40 on Google, no presence on Yahoo or Bing at all. The most businesses, they run advertising program, have its own web sites and do I need so called “Internet Marketing Consultant” from ReachLocal who does not now how to increase my web standing organically to get traffic for free. It is like going to heart surgery specialist who admits that he does not know anything about anatomy or physiology.

why it is a rip off
            why it is a rip off

Reach Localcan't perform

STAY AWAY FROM REACH LOCAL! I was running my own Google Adwords campaign for four years with with an average of 60 visits a day for my small kitchen & bath showroom. I had a visit from a Reach Local salesman that said he could also bring me Bing/Yahoo and other search engines for what I was paying for only Google. Nothing could be further from the truth, in the first 2 1/2 days I had a total of 14 visits. I immediately sent them a certified letter firing them from doing my online advertising. That was the Sept. 3 2010 and they are still running my account and won't stop and today is Sept 13 2010. They are still running about 13 visits a day how pathetic! I hope I don't have to get an attorney involved to make them stop. STAY AWAY!

Reach Local — software doesn't work, scam

These guys know there software doesn't work but they keep selling it. In a meeting with them to discu...

Reach Localclick fraud

I tried reach local and were promised an increase in traffic to my website throue search engine marketing. I gave them a shot for 3 months and did not really get any more calls than I was getting before I tried them but all I did was spend a lot of money finding out what kind of scam these people are running. Now I am getting like 40% click fraud from this company obviously they sit around and click my website all day. Seems to me they would and could find a better way to spend their time. This is a bunch of crap. I hope that this company and their employees can sleep at night knowing what they are doing. I am setting up an online campaign with att and they have a click fraud department I hope that we can expose this company to the kind of business ethics that come from midieval times. Shame on you scam artists you will burn in hell someday. Yhere should be a law against the click fraud artists STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE OBVIUOSLY LOWER LIFE FORMS MORE LIKE POND ### OR LETS SAY BOTTOM FEEDERS THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT

• To
                    tomdonaldmovers Apr 27, 2010

I doubt that they actually have people sitting there and clicking your ads all day. I've read around the web and have seen mixed reviews. If you ask me all of those companies are the same att, reachlocal, yodle, etc and they probably all have click fraud departments (they wouldn't have as many customers as they do unless they have it). I'm not sure att is your answer as they are good at publishing the yellow pages. It sounds like you might want to get a smaller company as I've heard they work for companies that really want to see more details about the clicks.

Reach Local — rude sales person

So this guy with "Reach Local" walked into my store and told me he could improve my SEO, online traffic etc...

Reach Localmisrepresentation

I signed up for their Search Engine marketing program (pay per click) because their technology and transparency seemed very attractive. Sure, their rates were high, but if they could deliver what they said they could, it seemed worth it. What a waste of $3000 - this was the most expensive lesson I'vve learned. After touting themselves as the experts, they then went on to ask me for my list of key words I'd already been using on my own pay per click programs. They also told me I had to shut off all my other advertising I was doing online so as not to interfere with their program. What this lead to was our business phone NOT RINGING at all as they told me to be patient and let the campain ramp up. After two weeks of no results, and many missteps on their end (which they admitted to) they kept telling me to be patient. Well, after 6 weeks and hundreds of dollars and no results, and admitted mistakes on their end they refused to refund any of my money. They did let me out of my contract one week early, but this was the biggest waste of money I have spent in all of my years running a busniess. This was also the worst customer service experience I've ever seen. They actually told me, yes we made the mistakes, but no, we do not hold our people accountable for those mistakes. Unbelieveable. BEWARE!

• Me
                      Merav Aug 09, 2012

Awful! Im one week into my contract with them and im fuming. I actually started crying about it.
                      As a small business owner it feels horrible to be taken advantage of and That is how I feel.
                      I wouldnt wish Reachlocal on anyone. Even my worst enemy!

MAM Jan 31, 2011

whoever listed all the comments obviously works for reach local. they did the same thing to my company and they advised they only issue credits, not refunds. now where did it say that? what a scam!

• Er
                      ErkHtr Apr 19, 2010

I am reading many of these complaints and a majority of them are from the same people over and over again- competitors, or past employees. I own my own web marketing company and have used reachlocals PPC services for about 4 years- I signed on as an authorized seller back before they had a local sales force. Out of all the companies I have used, reachlocal has brought my customers the best results.

Its a shame then everyone believes what they read.

I looked up Superpages, at&t, and yodle-- and they all have awful reviews. What people need to realize it is impossible for a company to please 100% of their clientel. Its a shame that people have to go on these "complaint boards, " and try to ruin a companies reputation.

You have to ask yourself- ReachLocal is such a bad company...
                      Why do they have an 85% campaign renewal rate?
                      Why are they getting ready to go Public?
                      Why do they have an A+ with the BBB?
                      Why were they just named #1 Fastest Growing Technology Company in N America?

1st off- Reachlocal does nothing with SEO. Its SEM.

-3rdly Reachlocal has over 300, 000+ campaigns running right now. You simply cannot please 100 % of your client base. For any business owner- you know this is IMPOSSIBLE. As Im sure you have experienced-- you always have that customer here that will complain and you can't please NO matter what you do.

4th - If your pay-per-click campaigns isn't getting the call volume you would like- WHY don't you take a look at your website. If you have an AWFUL website- why is anyone going to call you??? You cant Blame that on ReachLocal.

5th- People talk about exoborant fees. They are a business- you are paying them for a service so you dont have to deal with the headaches of trying to set up an internet marketing campaign across 5 different search engines- then try to manage them all! The mark up is minimal.

Do you own your business to run a profit? How much did you make off of replacing that garage door spring or the bathroom remodel you did last week?

6th you have the ability to sit down with your rep and monitor your keywords at anytime. Are they going to disclose their entire keyword list? No, that is all of their hardwork. Why would they hand the entire keyword list over to you?

If all the keywords are correct and you are getting visits to your website-- HOw can you blame Reach local for customers not calling you????? Fix YOur website!

I don't advise The GOOGLE adwords EXPERT to switch to reach local. You know your business better than anyone.
                      But if you are not a Complete expert with setting up an online presence on Google, yahoo, bing Etc then ReachLocal is the place to be. You could be wasting thousands of dollars if youre running campaigns on your own.
                      They are an adwords Qualified company- they have been through the google testing.

Nothing is 100% perfect, but if you have a great product and a great website- ReachLocal will do an amazing job for your company.

Reachlocal is not a perfect fit for every single business- the business model does not work for 100% of all businesses- but 85- 95% of the campaigns run very well.

If someone is Upset they run and tell 20 people. If they are happy, you'd be lucky if they told 1.
                      This is the sad thing - Where is the page for the 100, 000 happy customers?

Reachlocaldifficulty canceling

Tried for quite some time to cancel ReachLocal's service. Got the runaround, then finally learned my (then ex-) employee was being commissioned by them as their "sales agent, " when someone at ReachLocal finally said to cancel service, you need to contact _____ (my ex-employee!). Has anyone else experienced difficulty terminating their relationship with ReachLocal?
                    Gary Kawesch
                    [protected]@gmail.com

Reach Local — scam

Don't buy the hype. Don't buy the lie. The pitch was that we woul maintain or even improve our...

Reachlocal — terrible company

This company is absolutely awful. I was suckered into a contract with them to run a PPC campaign for me...

Reach Local — rip off

I own a med size tree service. I have used a couple of companies for cpc advertising and have been successful...

Reach Local — excessive charges, no customer service

Company promises advertising on Search Engines, as stated on their website: "Technology To maximize the value...

Reach Local — bad service

Reach Local is an internet advertiser. The program does not work. They say you are paying to reach customer...