Menu

K
Author of the complaint
1:27 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've checked out these sites before and always read them with a grain of salt, so trust me when I tell you that Raymour and Flanigan is the worst! I could write paragraph upon paragraph (as I did is several letters to their customer service dept), instead, I'll give you the highlights of our terrible experience with R&F:
-The salespeople can be vicious
-The delivery people stink, keep a close eye on them!
-We rec'd a wrong piece in our bedroom set, it was a pain to get it corrected and getting our $100 refund was NOT easy! (the piece we wanted was cheaper than the one we rec'd and were charged for, we had to go to the store 4 times to finally get our money back for their mistake!)
-The bed was set up cheaply and improperly with wood slats to hold up the box spring, it broke within days and was finally replaced with a metal frame
-The bedroom furniture is not wearing well and the corners are losing their 'wood finish'
-Our dining set is now falling apart...literally splitting apart
-We had a 'technician' come with replacement legs and table base, but those were splitting out of the box, and we found out that the table is no longer being sold in the stores
-After contacting them, we are allowed to do a 'reselect' and choose a new dining set. Of course the only one that is comparable to what we have is $1000 more than what we orginally spent
-We are going to the store tomorrow to 'see what the manager can do' to help us with our problem and to get the new table, I'll keep you posted!
-BOTTOM LINE - DO N OT SHOP THERE, TERRIBLE, CHEAP QUALITY AND SHODDY CUSTOMER SERVICE!
(FYI we bought our dining and bedroom sets in May 2008 and had them delivered in June 2008. It is now March 2009 and they are falling apart and look like crap! R&F may have good prices, but don't get sucked in, spend a few extra bucks and get something of good quality and save yourself the headaches!)

More Raymour & Flanigan Furniture complaints & reviews

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Bedroom set
3 comments
M
May 23, 2021 10:10 am

This "chain" store is so commission driven its not funny. Horrible company with poor service and if the sales agent doesn't seem a commission in you...they walk away. Attempting to use a gift card from a large purchase we made (the gc was part of our deal) and now cannot use the card. Trying to get a sales agent to help was not happening.
I reported this chain to the BBB and was advised that they have mentioned they have numerous complaints with them. (wouldn't give details but knew exactly what I was talking about in my report). Steer clear of this sales-driven, want your $$$ only chain and go elsewhere.

D
Dec 17, 2009 1:21 am

You need over 1 1/2 " to be considered defective BY THE ( and all)MANUFACTOR the store sells it they don't make it. Yes in 1 months time you get the dent. Wood slats do not void a warrantee you need at least 3 of them and if the bed is a queen size the center one needs to have a leg to the floor. 30 yrs in furniture service bizz

T
Mar 29, 2009 8:58 pm

I agree with you 100%. They sell the most poorly made furniture I have ever purchased. I have purchased my entire household of furniture from another fruniture store which unfortunately has gone out of business. Last spring I went to R&F and purchased a bed, mattress and chair. They also put the wrong slats on my bed and I had to fight with them to come back with the metal ones. Thanks god the salesman had told me in the store that the mattress warranty is not valis with wood slots which is why they used metal ones. Then they show up and install wood ones anyway! Within 3 months the mattress (Stearns and Foster $1300) had a large divot on one side, you have to role up hill when you turn over. They came out but said "It's ONLY a 1 inch divot...thats within normal wear"...in 3 months...are you kidding me. Have been fighting with them ever since, but they are rude and DO NOT care! Will NEVER buy from them again.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

219 complaints