Rapid Plumbing San Fernando, CABait and Switch

Rapid Plumbing is deceptive, overpriced, and flat-out unethical.

I called Rapid Plumbing to clear a blocked main drain. While on-site I was told that the drain clearing would cost $280. I have used similar services in the past, and I agreed to the price. I left my son to oversee the job. The job should have been straightforward since the cleanouts were easily accessible, and the building, including its plumbing to the street, was less than three years old.

Rapid Plumbing sent their camera down the drain to confirm that a root was blocking the pipe (Shocking! That’s what I specifically called you out for!). Rapid plumbing then attempted to get my son to authorize an additional charge of $3, 500 to clear the root, or $18, 000 for a full pipe repair. The agreement I had with them was clear: it would cost $280 to clear the pipe of all blockages. Instead, the pipe remained blocked, and I was out $280 for a service that was not completed.

I shopped a handful of other plumbing companies and explained the situation. Plumber after plumber confirmed what I figured: Rapid Plumbing overcharged me to take a picture of the drain, and then Rapid Plumbing tried to con my son into authorizing unnecessary work at unreasonable prices. The $280 price was more than enough to cover the cost of a root clearing.

I hired a bonded sewer contractor for $225 to complete the job Rapid Plumbing was unable to do at the agreed upon price. The contractor stated that if I wanted to have the pipe replaced it would cost $2, 900 including all permits. For comparison, Rapid Plumbing wanted $3, 780 just clear the pipe and $18, 000 to replace the pipe.

Take your business elsewhere. Avoid Rapid Plumbing’s bait and switch tactics.

• Bu
    burbankkate Nov 10, 2011

These guys took my dad to the cleaners...$800 for a toilet!! complete rip off artists...stay away!!

• Gs
    gsix Oct 28, 2011

this guy is really dumb #1 i wouldnt leave my son to handle a job #2 your son was ther did he see roots in line & oh yes he must of been relaying the msg on phone to u so thats called third person this guy a joke