Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimahcredit card / customer service

M

Hello,

I sent an email to RAKBANK on Dec 11 stating that I have approximately 15, 000 AED in charges I know nothing about. After copying these charges I realized that I have a credit card because it said "credit card recovery" etc. But I did not order any credit card!

I had a very long and complicated experience with RAKBANK getting some papers for the UK embassy. I do not live in UAE because I am an investor and I had to come there four times, spent a lot of money on flights, hotels, transfers and such. After getting the papers Maryna Kuzminchuk (RAK Building, Umm Hurrair, Bur Dubai) offered me a Titanium card as a present because of all the struggle I had to go through. But I had no idea it was a credit card. No one told me that. So, now I have dozens of late fee charges and credit card renewals. Moreover, money from my main account automatically covered all these fees.
Why would I pay fees if I have more than enough money on my main account and the bank automatically charged me anyway?

I wanted a full refund of all charges relevant to the credit card because I did not want the card, I did not order the card. The bank gave me the card and did not tell me anything about it. I paid around AED15, 000.00 for no reason. I sent a long official email to customer service but I received a short text message from my personal manager that it is not possible.

RAKBANK disrespects its customers by words and actions. I already stopped sending money to my account, my relatives' accounts and I am planning on closing my business account.

Moreover, my card has not been working for two days and I need it ASAP. Also, it disappeared from my online banking page. (photos attached) I contacted RAKBANK and they told me "you'll receive the call back in 1 to 2 working days".

I have had bank accounts in Ukraine, United Kingdom, Spain, United States and Russia and I never experienced such terrible and disrespectful service.

Regards,
Myroslav Makashov

credit card / customer service
credit card / customer service

• Updated by myroslav · Jan 24, 2018

UPDATE.

Rakbank contacted me and they are not going to do anything about my issue. Do not trust them and definitely choose other bank. There are much better and professional banks in UAE.