Menu

L
Author of the complaint
1:29 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I applied for a mortgage loan with Quicken Loans in February, 2021. My first contact was with Yahya Muhammad. I submitted bank statements, w2's, award letter from Social Security, Pension letter from AT&T etc. After pulling my credit, Yahya said that everything looked good but my debt to ratio was too high for an FHA loan. I advised him that I have a job and I'm still on the payroll but would be returning after I receive my COVID vaccinations. He stated that as soon as I start back that he would add the income and I would be "good". I also advised him that I was starting an online job as a web designer for an auto company. He said that then all he would need would be the offer letter and he could get me approved. I accepted the position and the employer sent the new hire letter. I called Yahya so that we could proceed. He said that Alexander would be calling me. I received the call from Alexander who went over my loan. I was told how much I would need down, my closing cost, insurance, monthly payments etc. He also told me that he would be reaching out to a realtor to work with me and it would be free if I worked with one of their realtors. One week passed and I had not heard from anyone. I called Alexander and he said that due to my "job gap" that they would not be able to finance. REALLY--we're going to talk about a job gap in the middle of COVID. I advised him that job or no job--I have solid income. I pay $1360 a month for an apartment and have never been late. I reached out to Yahya again to find out why they were "playing games" with me. He then advised me that he would be having someone call me and get me "taken care of". Two days later, I received a call from Chris. He said that he was sorry about the mix up but he is calling to get me financed. They had possession of my credit report form DAY ONE. Midways the conversation, Chris started asking me about a collection item that is on my credit that I had already explained to Yahya that it is in dispute because I don't owe it. He said that it wasn't a problem. Now--Chris tells me "we won't be able to finance you until that's paid off" when previously--Yahya told me that I didn't need to pay off anything. I feel that I was treated very poorly and unfair. I feel that it was a form of discrimination and very poor customer service.
Now Yahya says that he is going to a new position but he advised me to reapply in 6 months after I've been with this new company. I have been with Hand and Stone Massage almost 2 years--I just had to take a leave due to COVID but will be returning in a few weeks because I have had both vaccines.
I even received my loan documents from Alexander to sign. I do not know what in the world is going on.

More Quicken Loans complaints & reviews