Menu

Quicken Loans  -  Unauthorized hard credit pull

D
Author of the complaint
1:52 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 2/13/22 I checked my Experian credit report and discovered that an unauthorized hard credit hit was performed on 12/29/21 by Credco/Rocket Mortgage (Quicken Loans) [protected]); resulting in a 16 pt. credit score reduction on 2/14/22. That same day I placed a call to Rocket Mortgage requesting information on who was responsible for this illegal, unauthorized hard credit hit. After being passed off to three associates, I finally was connected with Michael Zambo, [protected], and explained my serious concerns regarding this completely unauthorized action. I explained to Michael that I have had no communication with Rocket Mortgage in the last 12 months or longer and certainly did not approve OR authorize any type of credit hit on my account. After requesting an answer to my complaint, Michael then requested additional time to research my complaint, which I approved. Five days later Michael called to report that after checking their system he could find no evidence of such a transaction against my credit report. After this conversation I filed a formal dispute with Experian (2-18-22) explaining that I never requested or approved any hard credit inquiry on my account and was requesting my credit score be corrected. On 2-24, I received another call from Michael Zambo explaining that a banker associated with Rocket Mortgage decided without any communication or authorization from myself to pull a hard credit pull on my account. Michael said after a "three minute call" with the banker, he explained that he pull my credit file because HE thought I might be able to secure better interest rates, again completely illegal and unauthorized. As stated earlier, without any communication or authorization this banker proceeded to make a hard credit pull on my account resulting in a immediate 15 pt drop to my credit score, and ultimately causing a total drop of 21 pts. Michael then when on to state that even though I never made any contact or authorized any action on my credit report Rocket Mortgage would not be able to correct this totally illegal and unauthorized action taken by this banker. Michael then added without any explanation why they would not be able to correct this fraud and that this action would impact my credit score for 2 years.

The total refusal to acknowledge fault and then telling me that I would simply have to live with this illegal action is totally unprofessional, horrific customer service and very possible criminal action. I have filed formal complaints with the BBB, CFPB and this organization.

I am in the process of researching possible legal options as well as seriously requesting new mortgage loan information from companies that I can trust and understands the word "customer service".

Totally disgruntled with my Rocket Mortgage experience and will take every opportunity to tell my story to others.

More Quicken Loans complaints & reviews