QS SuppliesSecond hand item sold as new

We bought a towel rail for our new bathroom last week. An excellent service, the towel rail was delivered within 3 days. Unfortunately it was used. It's covered in dents and scratches and has rust coming out the bottom of it. I contacted QS Supplies and they didn't seem surprised at all, just told me to take photos and email them back. Having read some of the complaints about them, I'm not sure it's even worth bothering to do it, they will probably just take the item back, ignore our refund and sell it on to some other unsuspecting customer, in fact this towel rail has probably already been used in this scam on a number of occasions. If they were a reputable company & this was a one off incident, they would have been very embarrased and accomodating and would have taken the towel rail back with an offer of a replacement or a total refund. I think we will do our best to clean it up and sell it on ebay as a used item in order to cut our losses.

SCAM MERCHANTS, AVOID QS SUPPLIES!

• Di
    DisgustedotTWells Nov 16, 2012

For anyone considering using this company "AVOID" .
    We placed an order for a simple radiator and valves, over a month on we are still to receive goods and when you phone all you get told is 2 days, no explanation into what the problem is etc.
    The staff are rude and have no idea how to promote themselves in a professional manner.
    We have now cancelled order and asked for our money back, if this is not returned I will just pass it through the credit card company to chase.

sarahaj Nov 11, 2012

Ring leicester trading standards and tell them. I did. They give you a ref number and will advise you to write it all in a letter, recorded delivery to them quoting the trading standards ref no. I did and got my refund a week later and a cheque for postage id paid. QS Supplies are without doubt the worst company ive ever dealt with, especially their 'customer service.' trading standards need to be aware of them. Good luck

• Sl
    slickster7979 Aug 05, 2011

Awful company to work with. I purchased a £2.5k bathroom suite. This was delivered 3 weeks after the 7 days estimated delivery. Despite chasing I was consistently lied to by staff and told it was dispatched only to find it hadn't been.

Also, the second half of my order they sat on for 3 weeks (requiring an additional delivery payment which they said they would take when goods were ready to dispatch) with £500 of money in there bank account! Again, I was lied to and told it had/was being dispatched before I finally spoke to a manager who admitted nothing had happened and no one had contacted me to arrange them to order the missing goods.

They are cheap but don't be fooled their staff are rude, poorly trained and you'll end up spending the same money on telephone calls trying to sort things out. Search google for "QS Supplies reviews" and you will see I am not alone!

• Mi
    Minorry May 06, 2011

Tried to return a unused part - rang them up and they couldnt give me a returns number on the phone, requesting that I used email.. Used their web site form which bounced from their server couple of days later. Tried again using Sales email address and they responded that I was now later than 7 days since delivery and no chance of return.. cheap, yes - but dont use if you want/need any customer service...

• Mr
    mr super angry Jan 21, 2011

purchased shower promised 2-3 delivery, 2 weeks later no shower out of stock, untold excuses poor rude staff, left on hold every time then cut off total 5 times, if u speak to john coops beware lies lies and more lies, eventually got an answer free upgrade as they messed me about, delivered yesterday secondhand, shower ful of water parts unwrapped etc, rang company low and behold put on hold and cut off 4 times, then when got through no manager on site to speak to cut off again, on going as i type, do not buy from this company they are rude, never answer questions and cetainly supply u with rubbish u have been warned.

• Tp
    t peg Nov 27, 2010

Bunch of cowboys. Now ordered some taps over 5 weeks ago. Have made continuous phone calls over the last 3 weeks to keep being told they will be delivered on Wednesday, Friday ... Finally spoke to someone polite yesterday who said the order hadn't even been dealt with and he has now created us a new order which should arrive next Wednesday - I'm not holding my breath! The staff are rude and generally unhelpful and worse still they lie. Will never deal with this company again and wish I had read the reviews before buying.

Joanne Davison Oct 12, 2010

Without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever experienced from any company. Extremely rude, inefficient and arrogant. DO NOT be seduced by their prices you will pay much more in the long run. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

• Co
    comp938 Sep 14, 2010

I'm sure this company are great if the product you buy isn't faulty but I certainly won't take the risk again. I wish I'd read reviews before purchasing.

Ordered a tap and asked if it would be delivered by a certain day (in time for my plumber to install it). Was told it would be there in plenty of time - it came 2 days late.

The tap is faulty. I called QS Supplies and was told to fill in an online form which I did immediately. I called up again the next day as I had no reply to the form and I currently have a leaky tap connected and don't want to pay the plumber to come back twice to disconnect the faulty one and fit the replacement.

They told me to call the manufacturer and gave me the number. I told them they were the supplier so they should be dealing with it but by this time, I had already read the bad reviews so realised I would probably be better off with the manufacturer anyway.

The manufacturer has just promised to send out a replacement part today so I will hopefully sorted soon.

All the comments I have read criticise their customer service and I have to agree. Mine is a small issue compared with some but I order a lot of goods online and this is the first time I have ever had cause to complain about a company.

• Al
    Allien Dec 09, 2009

I am totally disagree with the complaint. As i find it very helpful, and my product was delivered on time. And it was completely in ok condition. Hats off to QS team.

• 56
    5678 Nov 26, 2009

What a bloody idiot get somesenceu fukin fool

• Ga
    Gamer Nov 16, 2009

I purchased a electric shower over the phone from one of the employers at qs (Younus).i explained in full that i could not wait for a long period ie 7-10 days because i had builders coming in. He agreed with me that the product would be recieved in the same week.i was told that the product was in stock.

i found out after 7 days when i did not recieve the product that it wasnt in stock and they were waiting themselves.i rang back after 10 days and they are sayin they still havent got it yet.when i asked to speak with the manager they simply passed me from 1 employer to the next pretending to be managers.I asked for a refund and they said that they would charge me a 25% admin restock charge.

i believe they lied an decieved just to make a sale. The work force is not accountable. they are unreliable.imtold now that they will recieve the product next week.This has caused me problems with my builders.

Chiko Nov 11, 2009

Last year we bought a towel heater from QS supplies. two days after fitting it, it began to leak. When i called QS supplies to complain I was treated appallingly. In particular a salesman called Mo was dealing with my calls. He was very rude and very unhelpful. They eventually agreed to replace the heater. After 2 weeks I had heard nothing so i called again. QS supplies denied all knowledge of my previous calls and accused me of making the whole thing up. After several more frustrating phone calls they agreed that if i returned the faulty heater then they would arrange a replacement.

As requested, I sent the faulty heater to QS supplies on the 7th May via a courier. They deny receiving the heater. i have a copy of the a signed proof of delivery slip from the courier which i have sent to QS supplies.

Despite several attempts i have since been unable to get any one from QS Supplies to discuss my claim and they have now lost the faulty heater that i returned to them.