Purity ProductsScam artists

G

They are scam artists and are guilty of false advertising. They promised a free sample with only a shipping charge and they charged my credit card on the same day they shipped """the supposed free sample""" the full price plus shipping and I am sending a complaint to the radio station they are using to advertise on. The product was"" hylaronic acid joint formula"" advertised as a totally free sample and all that needed to be paid was a shipping charge.I am a senior and I was supposed to have 15 days in which to cancel if I did not want to proceed with using this product.I had to shut down my credit card in order to prevent them sending me more of their product.

• Pp
    PPResponse Jan 07, 2010

Company Response:

Dear Miss Gesha,

I apologize for your frustration. The Radio program you heard offers a free bottle of H.A. Joint Formula for just the price of shipping. When customers call to take advantage of that promotion, the representative explains that the first bottle is completely free, and if you like the product, you can remain on the Super Saver auto-ship program which guarantees a discounted price for any future orders, or you can cancel (future orders are optional). When you called in, if all you wanted was the free bottle of HA Joint Formula, shipping is all that you should have been charged. We do record all of our phone calls so we are able to go back and make certain that the offer was presented properly. Please call our Customer Care Management Team directly at toll free [protected] and they will make sure that this matter is resolved to your full satisfaction. We take great pride in our products and our customer service which has helped us maintain an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Respectfully,
    Lori Michel
    Q.C. Manager

• N.L.E. Feb 20, 2012

I agree 100% with this because i was one of those suckers that believed everything i heard because i wanted so bad for it to be true. i actually feel sorry for Charley Brown because he has most likely been taken in by a lot of these greedy jerks too or he wouldn't be so confident about his accusations. I am grateful you have invested so much time educating the public and you didn't even ask for our money. keep up the good work.
    N.L.E.

Mad in Jacksonville May 03, 2012

I ordered Purity Products one time over the internet. Over the next year, the company tried to charge me every three months for another order which I cancelled each time. I even called in and asked them to cancel my order (which they have record of). The last time of this three month cycle, they submitted the charge three times and successfully received payment from my account for something I did not give permission to order. My bank alerted me of this fraudulent charge and suggested I cancel this card, which I did. I then called Purity Products and they did reimburse me with their apologies. However, because of cancelling my card, I ended up with one late fee from another company when my old card number didn't go through. Fortunately, I was able to catch all other charges in time to avoid late fees except for this one. I contacted Purity Products for reimbursement of this late fee due to their negligent business practices. They wanted me to have my bank fax the statement showing this late fee. In other words, I would need to spend even more of my time calling my bank to get this (their error) taken care of. My advice: IF PURITY PRODUCTS HAS YOUR CARD (ACCOUNT NUMBER), CANCEL THAT CARD!!