Pulte Homesvery poor fit and finish

N Review updated:

Hands down the worst drywall finish, door frame finish I have ever experienced in my life. We were rushed through our closing and with a bit of slight of hand weren't able to really take the time to fully examine all of the walls, doors, etc. When you have your final walk through take at least half a day and examine all joints and door frames/trim. I've seen better dry walling done by weekenders with little or no experience. Pulte will lie to you, will try to get you to settle for less than you deserve, and will stall, stall, stall in an attempt to run out your warranty. They do not build quality homes and their sales staff are little more than used cars sales people.

Stay away from Pulte Homes. We've fought them for two years and have gotten a number of things corrected, but the quality of materials used and fit and finish does not warrant what they charge for their townhomes.

I read recently where Centex merged with them; hopefully they'll learn a thing or two because the quality is non existant and they don't care. Their response to most things, without saying it, is essentially "tough luck buddy, you were stupid enough to buy from us'.

Whatever you do don't buy a Pulte home.

• Th
    The Senaa Oct 15, 2009

We own a Pulte in the East Bay, SF CA.

This house is a nightmare. We have owned it for 9 years, and it is 11 years old. We have had leaks before which were under warranty and were fixed. NEVER TRUST PULTE. We just found out that they tarred the leak, and did not fix it. They also laid the felt, stuccoed, and then laid the tiles over the stucco so now in 10/09, we have water leaks. The roofer brought down pounds of stucco debris that made holes in our roof. Where is Pulte? Gone...

Out lock fell off the door, and the locksmith used by Pulte was out of business so guess who paid $700 to install new double locks??? You guessed it, not Pulte.

We bought the house when it was 18 months old so we were not covered under the lifetime warranty. Guess how many windows we had to replace???? Try 44 out of 52! Do you know how much 44 windows cost??? Way to go Pulte.

There was a leak under the kitchen sink which the previous owners successfully hid from us and the inspector also missed which also cost us money..

We paid $650K for this house in 5/2000...

James Ponzi Jan 21, 2010

I have had a roof leakage problem with both Pulte Homes I sold in Denver CO. I am a Realtor, and will NEVER sell another Pulte Home, much less even take a customer to their communitites. If you are in the process of purchasing a Pulte Home, I urge you to reconsider. They don't stand behind their product; Buyer Beware; pull your contract with Pulte before it's too late.

• Ju
    JULIEORLANDO Feb 04, 2010

Pulte Home Orlando fl Fraud rip off.
    Reasons why you should not purchase a home from Pulte Homes or other builders under the corp. umbrella of DeL webb, Centex homes. If you or someone that you know purchased a home from Pulte homes or Deweb. It’s very important that you take the time to read my post. This could save you thousands! Maybe save your home or even give you the ammo to make Pulte homes purchase that over priced home that you purchased at the wrong time.
    Between 11/2007 and 4/2008 Pulte homes sales staff Ripped off unsuspected home buyers in the Orlando area in a community located near the Orlando Convention center called Vista Cay. During the time. Pulte Homes sales staff during the time that the real estate market was declining in the middle of 2007, According to Court documents recorded in public records. Pulte homes sold dozen of homes in the Orlando area at higher sales prices, paying an 8% real Estate commission plus a $50, 000.00 to $70, 000.00 selling bonus to the selling realtor. Now what really took place in this situation? Pulte homes sales staff assisted the buyers in getting a large portion of this money back in their pockets at closing, some of cash I feel went back into the pockets of the sales staff from Pulte. When Pulte Home supplied my Real Estate Company with a sales contract with a much lower commission to keep from raising suspensions. But after obtaining the finial HUD-1 statements provided to the Lenders such as SunTrust and Chase I found that there was sales commissions appeared to go to my company that I never received. The average commission was about $90, 000.00 on a 335k purchase. Sounds a little fishy………….right? I have been a Real Estate Agent for 13 years and Mortgage Broker for at least that long as well.
    When I discover I was taxed by the IRS for over 1, 000, 000.00 in revenue that I never received I contacted Pulte home office in Michigan. I was routed to an office in the Orlando area. After a meeting with the VIPs of the company and several emails Pulte informed me that the sales staff did not do anything out of the ordinary and nothing wrong. Well I beg to differ. My questions are as follows.
    1. How did the sales contracts and closing statements inflated by 100k get by the bean counters in Michigan? When we all know production builders are all about the bottom line.
    2. How does Pulte explain sales contracts that they provided to me with sales commissions about 92k less per transaction then what really happen?
    3. What is Pulte doing for all the other buyers that purchased homes in a 14 month time frame that paid far too much? What this did was artificially inflated the value of all the homes sold in this time frame. YOU PAID 100, 000.00 more then what you should have in that time frame.
    4. What about the other homeowners struggling to resell condos that are worth less then a 1/3 of what the original cost was.
    5. What about the Home Buyers that lost their homes because of Pulte Homes Greed and fraudulent dealings.
    This is all public record and I would be happy to review your closing documents to see if you have fallen victim of Pultes Scam. Email me today or have your Lawyer contact me. I would be happy to share copies of the documents that I have. You may be entitled to be a part of a potential class action case against Pulte Homes.
    Thanks,
    [protected]@AOL

chirel27 Jul 25, 2019

@JULIEORLANDO My name is Shirley. I purchase a Pulte nightmare in GA. chirel27 at g mail.

SariK Feb 14, 2010

My Las Vegas Pulte Homes was supervised by inexperienced teenager. Right from the beginning dry walls started rotting and tile floors around master bathrooms turned green with mold from the beige they were originally. Customer service person took seven months to find contractor to fix missing grout and remove mold. House became filled with white toxic mold flakes during repairs and our family was evicted by mold into Las Vegas hotel room. My premature baby was born in hotel and suffered substantial bodily harm. Pulte has refused to pay for my baby's medical condition his birth caused as well as financial loss. If I had sold my moldy house the sale would have been void and I would have had to pay punitive damages as well. Laws are not fair to homebuyers!

• Wi
    Winnyv Feb 17, 2010

I wished I did my homework a little better before buying my Pulte home. I am experiencing the same problem with faulty pipes under the sink or the dish washer. I have only been in the home for 2 years whis is passed my 18 months of Pulte warrenty. Pulte refuse to come out to look at the leak or even address the issue. All I received from them was an e-mail that said you are out of warrenty please see the contract that you signed. No one would even return my phone calls you have to do EVERYTHING on the web and ALL you get back is an e-mail. They SUCK and I will never buy another Pulte Home nor will I refer anyone.

• Wh
    Whoops Feb 22, 2010

I feel sooooo bad for you people.

Right out of school, I took a job with Pulte, and that lasted a year. Guess what: they're a terrible employer as well. They lied to me up front about what expectations I could have career-wise, failed majestically with their "training program" and basically forced their lowest level employees to cover up inexcusable construction mistakes. One of the happiest days of my life was when I walked away from that company. Although I must admit that I still do feel terrible about my hand in deceiving homebuyers whilst under their employ.

The construction process was simple: Build a serviceable unit in so many days (I think 3-4 months shovel-to-key was the turnover time in our area) and cover up any mistakes (by any means necessary) so the homeowner signs off, and then it was the Customer Service/Quality Assurance wing's problem under warrantee when the ### would inevitably hit the fan.

As far as Construction was concerned, there were only two things that mattered: Budget & Schedule. The schedule absolutely HAD to be met, and the budget was not to be exceeded. Quality, believe it or not, was never an issue. While it's generally understood that production building has its drawbacks with regards to quality, I believe(d) that anyone spending $250-750k on a new home must feel comfortable that they made a sound purchase, and should ANY problems arise, the company would be there to rectify them. Sadly, that's not the case with Pulte.

Sorry for the reality check people. Good luck.

• Au
    Audrey C. Jun 13, 2010

My son has a Pulte townhome in Ocala. He has owned it for 4 years now and has had nothing but problems with the tile floor and the A/C constantly breaking down. The tile floor had a major crack from the front door to the end of the tile where the dining area is. They looked at it but said basically it was not their problem. And that was more than 2 years ago. I live in a newer community in PBC Fl and some homeowners had problems with the tile floor and the builder came out and put in new tile floors for 3 different homeowners. And they had lived in their homes more than 5 years. My son's A/C was a problem for him within a few days of moving in. It has now been not working for a week. He has a sick child and they won't even send someone out to look at it for him. I would never buy a home from Pulte or Del Webb. We are senior citizens too and thought about their community in Ocala. Never! If they can't stand behind their product, they shouldn't be in this business. Buyer Beware!!! Pulte you should be ashamed of yourselves!!! I guess it's all about the profits and not the consumer.

• Ho
    Horrific home Oct 11, 2010

Eleven years (2000) ago my husband and I purchased a Pulte home in Katy, Texas. Pulte representative rushed us through the walk through. A day later we discovered we purchased a lemon. Pulte representative avoided fixing the repairs. We had over 57 items that needed to be repaired. Moldings were cracked, grout had trash mix in it, hollow floor tiles, leak in master bath, plumbing problems, one neighbors AC unit came crashing through the ceiling a week before they moved in and another neighbor had sewage backup in their master bath, bath tub. I called Pultes corporate office (Michigan) every day for 2 months to try to get things fixed. They totally ignored my complaints. The representative stated over and over, there is no such thing as a perfect home. During 2001 Pulte was featured on the investigative news show "Dateline". Dateline featured Pulte as a defective builder. There were many homeowners talking about the horrible shape their homes were in. Today I discovered I have to replace 1800 sq feet of floor tiles because they continue to sound hollow and the grout is starting to crack. For eleven years I have patched and fix things just to keeo the house decent shape. If my husband wasn't so cheap I would have moved from this wreck of a house a year after we purchased it. Now I am stuck in an ongoing disaster.

• Dh
    dhgnreal1 Apr 21, 2011

Do you have a mold problem in your bathroom?

• Tr
    Tristan28 Aug 30, 2016

Pulte Homes This House is Falling Apart
    My Pulte Nightmare on Facebook

The Youtube video is my house.