Puget Sound Energy [PSE]outcome of undergrounding of pse electrical lines in front of my property

J Nov 01, 2018

PSE placed conduits underground long 106th Ave NE in front of my residence with address 10603 NE 58th Street, Kirkland, WA. Under-grounding is complete but left the following undesirable conditions:
1. The marking on the sidewalk showing the conduit depth was made with, what
looks like, regular white paint that has not faded over the last two months. I
want the marking removed. They are an eyesore.
2. The Flags used to mark existing utilities are still present 2 months after the
work was finished. I want them removed. Also an eyesore.
3. The concrete sidewalk panels that were replaced were marked with graffiti
when the concrete was green and has not been repaired to date. A teen was
apprehended by the Kirkland Police Department immediately after the
marking, admitting the act. I want the etched graffiti removed and the proper
sidewalk surface restored.

• Updated by Jim D. King · Nov 01, 2018

None at this time.

• Ri
    Rick L Thompson Jul 22, 2019

I purchased my house in Mount Vernon about 12 years ago. Prior to purchasing the house the previous owner showed me copies of his power bills. Those bills never went over $ 90.00 If I'm not mistaken. When we changed the power from the prior owner to out name the power company installed a smart meter. We had them out them come out and check it three times in the first year or two. They replaced the meter once I guess, I don't know for sure. Another time a service truck came out and I was home and went through all the checks with him and was told we were using the normal amount of power. Since then our monthly bills are at least twice the amount the previous owner had.
    To explain a little bit. over the last ten to twelve years we have gone from and electric dryer to a propane dryer.
    We have a propane furnace and rarely ever use it. We pulled out all of the old baseboard heaters and did away with the breakers they were connected to. Two years ago we replaced the water heater with a high efficiency heat pump type. We use a pellet stove and a wood stove for heat, the kitchen stove is propane. and although we have an electric oven it is rarely ever used. We do have a hot tub. We have turned it off for months at a time and it has made very little difference in the bill.
    We just received a letter from the Puget Power saying we are using %110 more power than anyone in our area. This is what I have been telling them since the smart meter was installed.
    When I mention the previous owners bills they can look at them but they won' t show them to me. I have talked to electricians and they don't know what to tell me. I am looking for a direction to go. Please help In Mount Vernon,