The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Public Storage — items stolen 13 months ago and I was not notified
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I began renting storage unit B254 In April 2009 from Public Storage located at 1155 Belvedere Road, 33405. I visited the unit on 16 August 2012 to organize and remove items and move out as I had planned relocation from the area. At that time, I arrived to the unit, to find locks intact, but my property missing. I immediately notified police and property management prior to entering my unit. Upon speaking with both parties, it came to my attention that the property, including my unit, was burglarized on 27 July 2011. Subsequent to that the property made several attempts to contact me via phone. After failing to notify by phone they ceased attempts, despite having email and physical address to correspond and notify. I continued to pay rent on the facility for the subsequent 13 months, unbeknownst to me that my property had been stolen.
There was no apparent damage to my locks, of which I held two sets of keys issued to me. When I spoke to the property manager on 16 August, the property manager remarked: "I thought it looked weird, after that night, and I had it on a watch list, as the locks were tampered with. I thought the owner had taken everything they wanted and were going to skip and move out. It seemed strange for someone to pay rent for just papers left."
More Public Storage Complaints & Reviews
- Public Storage - overcharging
- Public Storage - stolen property
- Public Storage - multi-billion dollar company cheats the little guy
- Public Storage - terrible experience
- Public Storage - bad service
- Public Storage - customer service
- Public Storage - I have never been treated so badly by a company in my life
- Public Storage - storage bin and customer service
- Public Storage - bad lein
- Public Storage - rental price fraud