Progressive Business Publications Logo

Progressive Business Publications

Having problems with Progressive Business Publications?

Progressive Business Publications reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 9, 2008. The latest review nonprofit board report newsletter — scam was posted on Sep 26, 2016. The latest complaint fraudulent invoices - no orders was resolved on Jan 24, 2013. Progressive Business Publications has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 38 reviews. Progressive Business Publications has resolved 26 complaints.

Progressive Business Publications Customer Service Contacts

+1 610 695 8600 (Head Office)
+1 570 628 5939 (Pottsville, PA)
370 Technology Dr.

York, PA
3931 East Market St., York, PA 17402

Progressive Business Publications Complaints & Reviews

Progressive Business Publicationsnonprofit board report newsletter — scam

On September 26, 2016, I spoke with Kathy, a collection agent from International Credit Recovery (ICR). The companies number is [protected]. She indicated that an account for my employer was sent to a collection agency for non payment. After asking several questions, she alleged that invoices have been sent to the office and email address. She had accurate information for both even my birthdate (I have no clue how she obtained that information), but an invoice was NEVER received. They are attempting to collect a $249.00 payment.

I asked her to email me a copy of the invoice. She said that the company doesn't have the ability to email invoices only to fax. That seems strange for a company not to have an email address to send out information. She insisted they only have a fax machine.

I asked how could I cancel the subscription, she said she would let the company know. I then asked to get the companies information so that I could also follow-up with a call. She indicated that she didn't have it. How is that possible? How are you contacting them on "my" behalf then? I asked her to give me her method to contact them. She couldn't do that either. This company is a big SCAM.

Progressive Business Publicationsfraudulent invoices - no orders

Progressive Business Publications continues to invoice us for a one year subscription to Facility Manager's Alert. They claim our previous Plant Manager ordered this publication. He never ordered any such publication, nor was he here at the time they claim he ordered this subscription. He had moved to another plant prior to the time they claim he ordered this and could not possibly have spoken to anyone from these offices when he was 5000 miles from here. They have sent their invoices to aa collections cmpany called ICR in NY. They continue to call us and harrass us and tell us they're going to file these claims against us on our credit. They are hostile and rude and argue with our accounting department and purchasing department. I refused to speak with this "Bobby" on the phone when she argued with me and claimed that Progressive Business Publications is a legitimate company and that they have a legitimate claim against us. She refused to listen to me at all, so I hung up on her. We will not be taking any more of their calls and will also be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Progressive Business Publications and ICR bot, Internation Credit of Vesta NY)
    Something needs to be done about both of these companies put them out of commission! How can we make them stop the harrassment?

TFS Mar 07, 2013

Please send your complaints about fraudulent conduct regarding International Credit Recovery Inc. and Progressive Business Publications to the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Econsumer.gov, the Better Business Bureau, and/or your local General Attorney's office.

Progressive Business Publications — scam

If you get a invoice from Progressive Business Publications all you have to do is e-mail...

Progressive Business Publicationsunauthorized charges

Received an invoice for $495.00 for a one year subscription to Safety Training Tookit 3.0. No one here at our office ordered this. Furthermore, they used my name as the person ordering. This is a scam! There's not even a phone number on the invoice!

TFS Mar 07, 2013

Please send your complaints about fraudulent conduct regarding International Credit Recovery Inc. and Progressive Business Publications to the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, E consumer .gov, the Better Business Bureau, and/or your local General Attorney's office.

Progressive Business Publicationsharassment

Company is sending harassing letters indicating that my wife had ordered one year of business publications when no such order was placed. In fact we have never heard of PBP. Yet their letters indicate that we had been mailed 4 issues and that we are receiving our second notice. They are billing us $195 for something we have never ordered.

TelemarketingHell Jan 02, 2012

Do you or your wife run a business out of your home, or were any of your phone numbers (landline or cell) previously those of businesses? Not that it would stop PBP from sending things if they called your home and you told them that number was not a business line.

My guess is a sales rep talked at lightning speed to your wife and all she heard was "try for free, free, free, FREE." If she did, that's okay - that's how their script works. I know because I used to work for these scammers. They will often not tell you they are from PBP or Progressive - it will be some other name like Quality Manager's Alert, which is the name of the crappy newsletters they are shoving on people. They emphasize free but buzz through words like "free trial, " "cancellation, " and prices because they don't want you to hear those.

I also would not put it past some reps to get almost the entire way through their script, hear "NO", and send the darn things anyway because they are under the impression if they get tons of sales, they will get commission on top of their seven bucks an hour.

I recommend calling [protected] - this is the number for corporate and if you talk to someone there, they may be able to get this sorted out because otherwise, you will get harassing phone calls from Progressive's fake collection agency called ICR. They won't actually do anything to you, but they will intimidate, threaten and harass you several times a day over these newsletters. And you can ask to be taken off their call lists, but since there are 13 branches of the company and they all rotate subscription titles twice a month, you may only have peace for a few days before their lists get reset and they are bugging you to buy some other silly thing like Safety Manager's Guide To Stuff They Should Already Know (not a real title, but honestly, everything they sell is stuff managers have already learned).

satisha Nov 22, 2011

Good. Keep it up. From http://www.deccansojourn.com

Communication Bulletin, International Credit Recovery and Progressive Business Publications — scam

I got a call from “Steven” today (September 28, 2011 ) for a free trial subscription for a...

Progressive Business Publicationsthis is a total fraud and nuisance

They called me and told me that they will send 2 free letters and then you can cancel if you don't like our publication. I looked for a phone # to call for cancelling before my second letter but didn't find any. They they sent me an invoice for $299 even though I didn't wish to continue. I am sending them a letter to cancel. But this should really be stopped. This is a total fraud and nuisance. Why is government not shutting them down?

TelemarketingHell Sep 16, 2011

What you're supposed to do is somehow write or otherwise indicate on the invoice that you wish to cancel and then mail it back to them. It wouldn't matter anyway since the invoice arrives after the free trial period ends. Usually letters don't do anything either sadly, though others here have said calling the corporate office and weeding your way through the menu can get unwanted subscriptions canceled.

That customer service number is [protected] if you'd like to try calling them. Best of luck getting them out of your hair.

Progressive Business Publicationssafety training toolkit 3.0

We received a sales call fom this company asking us to purchase a subscription to their safety training web site. I informed them, as I always do, we don't have the budget for any purchases, and weren't interested. They asked me if I wanted a free trial, and I declined, telling them that I wouldn't be able to purchase anyway. Now months later I received an invoice for $795.00 thats due for our annual subscription. NO phone number, NO fax number, NO email address. We've filed with the BBB already, I'd tell anyone receiving a call from this company to hang up immediately!

Progressive Business Publications — false invoices, false claims, bad business

PBP called me and asked me if I wanted to try their "Marketing Report" publication for free. I agreed to the...

Progressive Business Publications — demanding payment for phantom service

I answered a call from a collections agency today demanding a payment for $290 for a series of Internet...

Progressive Business Publicationscam

well I just got a call from ICR from Angel at my work...she stated that I owe her $94.50 for a years subscription to supervisor saftey buliten. I told her I have never agreed to this and will check with our company's billing office to see where this is coming from. She told me that it doesnt matter the claim is against me. WOW!! hung up from her and did a little serch online...well all be...I am not the only one who is getting tried here!! I called her back and demanded the company that was submitting this claim she told me the PBP and I asked her to fax me all aditional info. she stated she would have to call me back she needed to rap up another call. I took a number off this web page from other complants (THANK YOU!!) I called [protected] and #3 for a real person who was Cindy extention 413, I told her I will have to have all documents faxed to me before I will pay a dime, she went through this whole deal telling me all the ways they tried to contact me(LIE!!!) I said "Look Cindy I am a supervisor and have been doing this same job for 20+ years and never once have I agreed to any telemarketing for myself or on behalf of my company, I want the papers to take to my company billing office." "I have looked online and see I am not the only one that is having issues with this company" she told me she has privilage info on me that varifies I othorized this...my DOB...wow really I said well a monkey can look my DOB on line so that is BS and untill you can show me in writing where I signed for this I am taking it to the Atturney Generals office and will get back to ya!!! Cindy only had this to say" its under $100.00 so we will just write this off, have a good day!" Good luck to you all out there DONT GIVE THEM A PENNY!!!

• Co
                  coder40 Jun 29, 2011

We have the same situation here in our office that we are trying to get resolved, and unfortunately I am the person who supposedly authorized this subscription. I never received ANYTHING, no invoices, not even any of the publications. I was on maternity leave the majority of the time that we were supposedly receiving these publications, and all of a sudden I start receiving collection calls from the same person you are referring to. Thank you so much for all the information you provided. It will hopefully help us to get this resolved and get this weight off of my shoulders.

Progressive Businesscalling non stop

I have had this company call my family business for the past 2 weeks. THANK GOD FOR THIS WEBSITE AND ALL OF THE INFORMATION PEOPLE HAVE PROVIDED HERE ABOUT PROGRESSIVE BUSINESS. I am writing this because they have been calling from a blocked number and asking who is a HR person and if they can speak to them I ask them who they are they give me a name and then I have to pry about where they work. I have called their 1(800) number and told them to take me off the list. They told me that they took me off but I have to tell each caller to take me off the list. I thought I did that in the first place calling their customer service. Well they don't stop calling! So I called the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office and they told me that after I contact them and asked to be removed from their calling list to then file a complaint with my Attorney General first (I forgot to mention I am from Oklahoma), and my Attorney General's office would be in contact with them. Start taking notes everytime they call and file a complaint in the end, though it might take awhile, it will be taken care of. Here is a link to a document from the Federal Communications Commissions about how crummy they really are! http://www.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2008/FCC-08-145A1.html

Both of these should help you get them off your back.

• Tr
                    tricked as well! Apr 02, 2011

I am a former employee of this company. we were told to say its a no cost risk free trial. We were told to "say we arent asking you for a purchasing decision today", but its actually a subscription with the right to cancel.
                    Sounds very redundent. Also when told to take us off yer call list, all we cud do was boot company out of computer for the current publication round. We had no way of ever permenantly removing company as a marketing rep. We were told that there was no such thing as a do not call list for Companys. We had many different titles for our company other than pbp. Like Center for Education. I really dont understand how they have gotten away with this as long as they have. Obviously its legal and it shouldnt be.

Jane Mar 31, 2009

I received a phone call from International Credit [protected] saying that I did not cancel an invoice from Progressive Business within their "specified amount of time." They threatened that if I did not pay $100 to settle the claim then our non-profit agency would be sent to their collections department. I need help! Is there anything that I can do to settle this?

Progressive Business Publications/International Credit Recoveryfraudulent invoives for product not order

Our company recieved an invoice for 249 stated that we had order a report from this company. There was not phone number on the invoice and we assumed it was fraudulant so we did not pay. Then we recieved other invoices and recieved a call from IRC trying to collect by getting a credit card. When we contacted the business they stated that they had talked to our Executive Director and she confirmed the order with her birthday. We ask them for the date they had on file and it was incorrect. They do not have any email or tape recording that the product was order. Once we told them that we believe that this was false, they immediately offer to credit our account and notify the collection agency. We filed a complaint with the NC Dept of Justice. Also we sent a letter to both the collection agency and to Progressive confirming our converstaion. Advise to others - do not pay, contact your state dept of justice and file a complaint. This business needs to be shut down.

Progressive Business Publicationsunauthorized subscription fraud

I recieved an invoice in the amount of 795.00 for a Safety Training Toolkit 3.0 I did not order nor recieve.

TelemarketingHell Jun 02, 2011

PBP records all their calls without asking permission from those they speak to, so I would love to see them try and raise a fuss over someone recording THEM.

Progressive Business Publicationsharassment and fraud

Our corporation never agreed receive their "newsletter" nor did we receive it. What we did receive was threatening communications from Cathy Rema at International Credit Recovery. I explained to her that even if PBP had contacted our HR person, he does not have the authority to bind the company in a contract for services. I explained she was on notice that the contract was invalid and that to pursue payment would make them liable for a false claim as well, but she insisted our HR person should have told them that at the time which made the contract valid. Her reasoning baffles me. This company is a scam, pure and simple. Avoid them if you can.

• Yr
                          Yramtrah Apr 16, 2012

This company is a complete RIP OFF. I'm dealing with them now and am furious. Because their newsletters and bills look like junk mail, I'm sure they were tossed out before they reached me. Also, they supposedly e-mail me every issue; that NEVER happened. For a company that "teaches" customer service, theirs is exceptionally BAD!!!

TelemarketingHell Aug 29, 2011

I think what happened here was Progressive called your company looking specifically for the HR manager about a human resources newsletter. They were told they could look at this newsletter for free for a while. If they said they couldn't authorize it being sent, they were likely told something like, "Oh, surely you could recommend it for the budget even if you don't handle subscriptions, right?" And the company's idea of a contract is a verbal one where they ask your date of birth, name, and email. But if you don't give them these, the contract is still binding if they have your name.

Progressive doesn't care if they're selling to someone who has no authority to sign a contract - they gussy their script up to sound like it's not a contract. They make it sound like they're just going to toss you a couple no-strings-attached newsletters to see if you like it and if you do, you can subscribe. Yeah, in a perfect world, that would be good business. But no, they make sure they talk at mach speed when they say the newsletter is actually a subscription that needs to be paid for, and that the bill you use to cancel the thing with doesn't arrive until after the free trial period is over. And if you don't pay for those newsletters, you'll get threatening phone calls from ICR, which is Progressive's cute little equally scammy collection agency.

In short, Progressive twists their words just enough to mislead people into buying their trash, but also just enough so they aren't lying to your face. Plus they record all their sales calls so if you decide to complain, they can whip out the tape with your call on it to prove to you that you agreed to everything (when you may not have even heard everything that was said). And since there's no law saying you have to talk at a certain speed when selling things, they can rush through the details that would make 99 percent of the people they call not order from them. I'm sorry to hear they've scammed you too.

I would suggest calling the customer service line at [protected], and if possible, make it so your company does not accept calls from places that block their numbers. PBP does this because they don't want anyone calling them back to scream at them about their scamming; by blocking private numbers, they will not call you since their phones don't allow them to unblock their identity.

Progressive Business Publications — false invoices and orders

On 11/29/10 I receieved a book in the mail and an invoice from this company that I owed $299. The invoice...

Progressive Business Publicationsfraudulent subscriptions/invocies

I RECEIVED AN INVOICE FROM THIS COMPANY FOR $299.00 FOR A SUBSCRIPTION FOR A "CONTROLLER" ALERT PUBLICATION. THE INVOICE STATED THAT I ORDERED IT AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE MY CORRECT LAST NAME. THEN I REMEMBERED THIS COMPANY FROM ABOUT A YEAR AGO WHEN I HAD THIS IRC COLLECTION AGENCY CALLING ME CONSTANTLY. THEY STATED OUR PRODUCTION MANAGER ORDERED A "SAFETY TRAINING" PUBLICATION WHICH HE STATED HE NEVER ORDERED. THERE WAS NO PHONE NUMBER ON THE INVOICE TO CANCEL SO I GOOGLED IT AND SAW ALL THE COMPLAINTS OF FRAUD. I FOUND THE PHONE NUMBER ON ONE OF THE COMPLAINTS AND CALLED. THE ONLY TIME YOU GET A REAL PERSON IS WHEN YOU SELECT TO MAKE A PAYMENT. THE REPRESENTATIVE ARGUED WITH ME WHEN I TOLD HER I DID NOT ORDER, STATING THAT I GAVE THEM MY INFORMATION. AGAIN THEY DIDN'T HAVE MY CORRECT LAST NAME, I ASKED HER IF SHE WENT ONLINE TO SEE ALL THE COMPLAINTS OF THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY, AND SHE TOLD ME THEY WERE IDIOTS THAT COULD NOT CORRECTLY CANCEL A SUBSCRIPTION. THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT IT!!

Progressive Business Publications - Safety Compliance Alert — false invoice

False claims of product orders, send out free publications then claim they are trials and that you "were sent...

Progressive Business Publications — safety training toolkit

We received a billing for $ 795 for a one year subscription to a "Safety Training Toolkit" . None of us at...

Progressive Business Publicationsnon-stop mail and calls

I have tried on several occassions to have these people quit contacting us. Several of us have called, have returned their mailings, invoices, and CD's. Yet they NEVER stop.

They told us to return their items telling them we do not want any communications. They DON'T STOP. They tell us to fax them a letter on our company letterhead stating "Please suppress us from the marketing list" at fax [protected]. That doesn't help either. Is there no any type of policing company that can regulate and terminate this company? I am tired of the harrassment from this company, the 3 calls a day, the mailings that will range from 2 letters a week to 3 letters a day.

Do not do business with them. But god forbid, you better return that invoice they send you with a rejection of service or they will automatically start sending you crap and it will never end. Ever.