Priceline.com — fraud and scam

I booked a hotel room from the priceline.com web page, using the name your price feature. I requested 2 rooms, for 3 nights. I submitted my price request for a 2 star hotel. Here is what occurred when we checked in the room.

*The room was dirty, with stains all over the bathroom.
*We then found a used condom between the nightstand and the bed.

Upon seeing the appalling condition of the hotel, I left the room to report this to the management. When I walked out of the room to talk to the hotel management, I was approached by a man who aggressively requested money. I refused him and quickly went to the hotel reception. When I reached reception, no one was there. I waited for 20 minutes but no one was available at the front desk. I returned to the room.

When I returned to my room, there was a knock at the door. When I looked out the window, I did not know the person and did not answer. He began shouting at my door, asking if I had jumper-cables. I shouted back that I did not. He persisted and made a strange request and asked if I would go to my car and double check and see if I had cables. Again, I told him no. He then asked “if I find some jumper-cables, will you give me a jump�. I told him NO! I became concerned about the total lack of security and for the safety of my wife, daughter and myself.

We waited for the person to leave my door and then my family and I made a quick exit to our car. As I was driving out of the parking lot, another person (appeared to be another transient) jumped in front of my car trying to get us to stop. I backed up and drove around him and did not look back.

I prepaid $450.28 for a 2 star room. Later, I looked at the hotel that priceline booked for me and saw that it is a 1 star hotel and not the 2 star that had been contracted for. Upon leaving the hotel, I contacted priceline service and was told that there was nothing they could do. As we were desperate for a hotel, I booked a room with the priceline reservation group and paid with my credit card. I have repeatedly contact the priceline service reps, but have been met with evasive and obvious disinterest.

*I paid priceline for a 2 star hotel and was given a 1 star.

Upon reading the other horror stories in this forum about priceline.com, I feel that dealing with these people is hopeless.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

• Az
    AzMike1 Jan 22, 2020

Priceline are criminals. Reserved a car rental through priceline many weeks in advance. come day of the rental the car company "hertz" calls me to tell me they have no cars available at any location. priceline tells me to goto another rental agency and they will reimburse the difference if i pay more. well i did. submitted all the receipts as requested. now they keep playing games and month after month telling me the check has been processed wait 15 days for the mail. oct7th rental now dec 21st and still no refund check. atleast 10 calls have been made to priceline and wasted upto and over an hour everytime.

• Gi
    Gilberto Nieves-Guerra Sep 14, 2018

Priceline is a ripoff, this is the last time that I will book anything through them. Name your own price is nothing but a lie and a scam. I placed a bid on a four star hotel and they I suggested that I up my bid so I would be able to get it. They mention that their hotels were Hilton, Hyatt, Intercontinental and other major brands. After my bid was accepted and they had charged my credit card I discovered that I could have gotten the same room at the same hotel for the less than my bid, directly with the hotel which was not any of the ones they mentioned.

Sameer Pagnis Jul 14, 2018

Horrible experience. Do not use priceline. The site misled me by giving information that 2 adults and child below 19 can sleep in the room. After booking i found out that it can only accommodate 2. The hotel would not allow one more person. Priceline wouldn't help saying this was a saver deal. Even when I was willing to book another hotel on priceline at higher price, they would not give me credit.
    Absolutely hopeless. No concept of customer service. BTW I paid $880 and bought misery from them ! Would never return to them.

• Pr
    Priceline Hater May 18, 2018

Priceline in a total SCAM. Tried to rent a car, they doubled my rate. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. Offshore babble with no ability to help you. BEWARE!!!

• Bu
    bustermrb19 Aug 25, 2016

i am a marine stationed in south carolina in feburary i booked a name your own price flight and won the bid. well the next day my flight was scheduled to leave at 9 am i get half way to the airport and i get recalled to base due to a issue that had arised. called priceling and the refunded the ticket, 4 hours later my black berry is going hay wire with emails from price line congradulating me on winning my bid for a name your own price ticket. i called my bank and had them on the phone and called price line and made them aware that there are fradulent charges going threw on my card and its on there end. there were 37 itenerarys in my name at $219.85 a pop. i had my card deactivated unfortunately one charge slipped threw and posted to my account. priceline said that if i gave them $500.00 they would cancell the flight and refund the $219.85 minus a processing fee. i have been dealing with them since feburary and have talked to other service members and they have done the same to them, except for larger sums of money as well as taking advantage of some wounded warriors. i have talked with them today and talked to senior executives at priceline and they are still refusing to refund the erroneous charge. i am working on getting them placed on the black list because they have taken numerous service members for a ride.

• Da
    Daniel from Ft Worth Jul 22, 2016

I bid a 2 star hotel for 6-7-14 and Priceline gave me Extended Stay America which is no more than a 1 star hotel. I lost on this one, I won't stay at a one star. I then booked a 3 star hotel, hawthorn suites by Windham Ft Worth University. The hotel had black mold and paper thin walls. This one also was extended stay hotel, and they did not disclose that. I lost big on this one because its no more than a 2 star hotel. I booked another hotel for 6-8-14 country inn and suites by Carlson and the star rating of 2 and a half star was correct but hotel was to be in the downtown, but was not. I got ripped off like $22 on this one. I booked comfort suites Waco and the hotel had roaches on first floor and all over the parking lot!! The bathtub had black mold.The TV in room kept ### down every 30 minutes. The people in the room next to me left the TV on all night and hotel staff did not even apologize to me. The free breakfast gravy had a bad taste and had to throw the biscuits away. The orange juice was like water!! This was to be a 2 and a half star hotel but I give them no more than 2 stars. Priceline did not post my reviews in order for the hotels to have a higher rating than they should have.

• Hi
    Hilda Gillard Jul 15, 2016

Priceline.com has a problem when you cxl a reservation your returned amount is less than the amount they took from your cc. They charged my cc 186.02 told me my refund for the cxl's res. is 161.67, there was no penalty on the cxl'd reservation. They claimed they charged my card only 161.67

• My
    myAERA Jul 13, 2016

BE AWARE! I purchased a package for my conference trip to New Orleans that included a shuttle to NEW ORLEANS HOTEL that they offered with the hotel that I booked in New Orleans. Upon arrival at the airport I was told that they did not service my hotel and to contact Priceline for a refund. Priceline said that they would look into it since their website clearly stated New Orleans hotels and the hotel did not say East/West/etc. I just received an email reply that "Thank you for contacting us, there is nothing we can do." I paid $40 for round trip shuttle that I DID NOT GET and ended up having to rent a car (cheaper than taxi).

Marcolse Jun 17, 2016

I would not recommend that anyone make a bid through Priceline. I was searching for a hotel and placed a bid. It popped up with one hotel that accepted my bid and then it made the reservation. I would not have chosen that hotel as it was not in the area I needed to be in. I called Priceline to see if I could cancel the reservation or change to a different hotel, they said no, they cannot make any changes to a reservation.

So if you need to be in a specific location I highly recommend that you do not use Priceline.

Expedia allows you to choose your hotel and you can cancel your reservation if needed.

• Zo
    zoubtv Dec 12, 2014

PRICELINE - AIRLINE ROULETTE

If you use PriceLine's "Name Your Own Price" service, you could end up with a bad choice of airline.

EXAMPLE: Frontier Airlines charges $25 per carry-on bag, when most domestic airlines provide your first carry-on free. Extra fees can be a got'cha to a winning bid.

EXAMPLE: Recently Korean Air executive Cho Hyun-ah, who was the executive head over cabin service, turned the plane around at JFK because macadamia nuts were served to first-class passengers in a bag rather than on a plate. They berated the senior steward, forced them to kneel in apology, then kicked them off at the gate. A family business run a muck.

After 22 days of back-and-forth with PriceLine, it comes down to this. PriceLine not only does not care, they will not listen. They refuse to discuss the policy or consider options to omit airlines during bidding. Their customer service refuses to connect you with a manager (I asked several times). Attempted contact with executives was ignored.

• Oh
    Oh fine Aug 29, 2014

Just call the hotel direct, that's the only way . U get the best rates and they Don't charge your card. Hello

• Lo
    Loves to travel Jan 21, 2014

I was booking a hotel for a weekend getaway and decided to try Priceline Name your own price since it claims you save up to 60%. Unfortunately the price I paid is $26 higher than the published price on the hotel website. The rate was available to all sorts of groups to include any type of government employee (state, federal, military) AAA, CAA, AARP. I called Priceline Customer Service and even had it escalated to Customer Relations and after 27 minutes on hold and in conversation, all I was told twice was that their best price guarantee is based on a discount off the full price, not any discount or even compared to other sites. There is NO guarantee it is the best price, and it is not refundable, no credit can be offered and there is nothing you can do about it. I could have saved my self money and time and just booked the hotel on the hotel site, and it would be changeable, cancelable and they'd refund the difference if the price dropped.

Bottom line: Clearly there are better prices and much better customer service approaches out there. I will never use Priceline again, and suggest that anyone who is eligible for a student, military, government, AAA, AARP, CCA or loyalty program should avoid using Priceline.com. They are not giving you a deal, so use another site to book or find a hotel you like and then book with the hotel directly.

• Ca
    cahager Jun 20, 2013

i accidentally agreed to a purchase of hotel room in virginia beach and immediately contacted the customer service help; only to be told there was nothing to be done that the card is charged immediately and irreversible. I had offered to upgrade as i was interested in oceanfront and realized that was not guaranteed or an option of choice via "name your own price".

Thereafter, i looked on the hotel's website and found their rack price to be $55 cheaper than my blind selection on price line; i again contacted customer service and was told you must call within 24 hours [not email] in order to have the lowest price guarantee.

All in all they have lost a steady customer--i will never, never purchase hotel room or other travel services through this company. So much for what i thought was a trustworthy site.
    carol

Sad Lam Jun 08, 2013

I booked my reservation for the Marriott Laguna Cliffs with Priceline on May 29th. I did not stay at the hotel because the deplorable service and a depute with a manager. The hotel was not providing a service that they stated they would. This horrendous experience got worst as both the Marriott and Priceline did everything in their power to reject my refund request. I called Priceline multiple times and they said they would look into it. They lead me on for sometime and then said that the hotel would not refund the stay because of confidential reasons. I called the Marriott and the person who is in charge of refunds was not even on the property that day, May 31st. Priceline did not even talk to the Abram Kim the accountant in charge of refunds. Priceline only spoke to a room's manager who does not have the authority to reject refunds. I am done with Priceline and the Marriott company. Why would I spend $400 to get motel service? Truly disgusted and shocked by these so called customer service oriented companies. Beware of these money hunger corporate machines.

• Ph
    photilou May 26, 2013

I was pricing car rental fees on Priceline.com on May 10, 2013 for reservations on June 4, 2013 at JFK airport. I attempted to make an offer for 7 days at $ 35.00 a day and the website froze and my computer then froze. The charge had an additional addendum because I erroneously used a debit card not a credit card, that I would be required to have at least a $ 200.00 deposit at the time of the p/u. of the car. I do not have this additional money to be sitting tied up. I saw the charge of $ 328.12 was deducted from my bank account immediately (same day). I went to my bank to stop the payment and was told nothing could be done while charge was pending. I contacted Priceline and on 5/10/13 at 5:00 pm and spoke to a supervisor named Carlos at [protected]. He told me I cannot cancel or change my reservation. I must attempt to pickup the rental car in NYC airport and then if I am denied for lack OF SECUIRTY DEPOSIT, ONLY THEN SHOULD I CONTACT Priceline TO TRY AND RESOLVE THIS issue. To complicate matters, while filing unauthorized debit card charges with my bank, the branch manager messed up the paperwork to file a claim with the appropriate department at the bank. So as of right now, I am out $ 328.12 with no resolution /satisfaction with either the bank or Priceline. Is there anything further I can do?

• Th
    Thetruthsohelpmegod May 15, 2013

You agreed to the terms and conditions when you booked. It is all your own fault. Or, did you not read the terms and conditions? That would just be stupid. Priceline doesn't care, there is an infinite supply of stupid people out there.

• Ro
    rocker5986 May 15, 2013

I called the Super 8 in Gunnison Co. around 1:30pm on may 8th to cancel my reservation trough priceline for a room on May 9th. due to my wife becomming ill and unable to travel on that date. They informed me to contact priceline as the room was booked trough them. i contacted priceline and then informed me that they would have to check with the hotel as it was less than 24 hours to the booking date. They then informed me that the Hotel was going to charge me full price $109.00 to cancel my reservation. I feel this in wrong as we were in a spot due to my wifes illness and the uncooperative hotel clerk giving us the run around. I will not use either again.Booking #[protected]

• Mi
    Michael Lynch Apr 24, 2013

Just want others to be aware of a Price-line problem I had. I made a reservation which I needed to change, but they refused to change it, or cancel it until I had called the second time with cancellation policy in hand. Customer service operators were foreign speakers, difficult to understand and very rigid. After I cancelled, I called the hotel directly and not only got vastly superior customer service, I got a much better rate!!!

• Wm
    Wmeador Apr 17, 2013

Pricelines no refund or changes policy is pure extortion. I HAD been a customer for years and the one time i needed to make a change they said sorry no changes or refunds. They kept $425 for two nights in a hotel room knowing well in advance that i will not be able to be there. I can certainly make a change and will never ever use priceline again and strongly encourage friends and colleagues to NOT use them.

• Ah
    ahokas Apr 04, 2013

Priceline advertise the hotel with Free Internet. Only when I completed the booking that they displaced the free internet is in Public Area. I have gone through all other website. The reason why I booked through Priceline is because the Free Internet. To add internet to room will cost extra $15 per day. That's the reason why I booked via Priceline.

I am so upset for such misleading information.

• Mn
    mnakao Apr 03, 2013

I had made reservations for 2 adults and two children. Called the hotel to confirm to find out it is only for a queen bed. Hotel told me to me contact Priceline. Priceline said it is only guaranteed for 2 people even though we searched and submitted for four. I asked for some kind of solution, either accommodations for four or refund. I was denied both, so I asked for a manager and was transferred to customer relations "Tim". He then told me if I were to agree to spend the extra $10 a night, it would be guaranteed. So I called while he was on the phone to find out that is a lie, that still there is no guarantee. Then he just said sorry, can't do anything at all and there is no one else to talk to. I then request for a corporate contact and all he can give me was an address. So I'm just out of my money and I have to hope that there is extra rooms so my kids don't have to sleep on the floor the day of check in.

• Ba
    Baroviche Jan 22, 2013

This company is a fraud. Warning do not us!!!

• Di
    Dioner Jan 04, 2013

If you are using Google Chrome, and bidding, you had better bid high enough the first time or the site will not acknowledge the increased bid. I generally just give up and go to Hotwire and get it done. They are losing mega bucks on this glitch. It has been going on for at least 2 years. They see you fail and click out of the their site. Do you think someone is really minding the store.

Alan - MO Dec 21, 2012

Rented a car in Phoenix, AZ from Fox Rental Car through Priceline.com. Priceline offered a Ford Explorer SUV on the website. When we arrived at Fox and showed our Priceline reservation, they told us there were no SUVs and only cars were available. We call Priceline and they said to work it out with Fox which ended up costing us lots more money. Priceline said they would send the complaint to their research department and they would get a hold of us in a couple of weeks. The research department said they were not responsible per the contract and we had to deal with the rental company directly. I would not use Priceline.com again. I beleive this was a bait and switch tactic.

• Du
    Dukatine Nov 30, 2012

Booked a hotel through one of their affiliates, kentucky-hotels.org, which is just priceline. First, no better deal that just calling the hotel. Second, when I came down with a raging flu and couldn't keep the reservation, even though all hotels provide a 24-hour cancellation/grace period (and some 8 hours), Priceline charged me $25 to cancel. Further, an odd thing happened. The rep I was talking to first told me that if she could talk to my doctor, she could waive the $25 fee. I gave her my doctor's number, she put me on hold, came back, said she had called my doctor and verified my information, but then said she was going to charge me $25 anyway. Why do that to someone? Was this an identity theft attempt? I don't know, but I'll never use Priceline again.

• Re
    RealtyShortSale Nov 22, 2012

Yikes:( Glad to know this as I'm just about to book car arrangements... thanks.

• Va
    Vander Nov 22, 2012

I don'y know how any of that information relates to me being told I am getting a $25 credit off my next rental and really receiving $5 of my next rental(one day). I spent $95 in taxi fees because you did not link my flight with car rental. Thus when I got off the plane they were closed. I had to take a cab both ways. I get a one day rental credit in return but it is a complete sham you will only give me $5 off my one day rental. I even attempted to link my rental manually on the airplane but the rental reference code was incorrect! Because of your carelessness I spent $120 on a rental and $95 on a taxi to get to my hotel and you offer me no refund only a credit for my rental car company being closed(because you never sent them any info, not even my phone number) then when I get my credit will not even cover on day of rental. Your company is very un-American and a scam.
    You made me pay for two days of renting a car even though I could not get the car because Alamo was closed and you and Alamo refused to help get me back from my hotel to the rental, no buss no shuttle just a $50 cab ride. I am on a very strict budget and confirmed every flight and was not late but still had to pay over $100 out of my pocket for your mistake. Alamo was not much better but at least they could prove you never contacted them or gave them any info.

I always wait about 4 weeks before I wright a negative review. This case was no different. I am still sore about how I was treated. I still remember talking on the phone to an outsourced customer service person when I got off the plane and said I don't have $100 for a taxi ride can you transfer my rental to Avis they are open and have cars? "There is nothing we can or are willing to do for you tonight"

DON'T GET SCAMMED SAY NO TO PRICELINE CAR RENTAL.

Jason Bunting Nov 02, 2012

Just got off of the phone with both and my experience was very similar. I was going to NYC for a class that was cancelled because of the hurricane. The Priceline rep wasn't all that sympathetic to my plight, and put the onus on the airline. Granted, I'm sure there's a good reason, but it seems in the case of the extenuating circumstances caused by hurricane Sandy, everyone would be working together to help travelers that are dealing with the ramifications, despite the fact that there are probably a handful of people that are cancelling for non-valid reasons. True "customer service" is nearly dead to these companies, and they'll reap what they've sown at some point.

• Ji
    Jikker Oct 24, 2012

On September 25, I booked a round trip flight for November 9-12 for a class I was taking in Tampa, FL, and I opted to purchase the $16 travel insurance. My class was cancelled, and I called the Travel Insurance company, who advised me that because my cancellation was not due to the death or disability of myself or an immediate family member, my trip was non refundable!! I was transferred to Priceline, who told me that Delta Airlines would offer me a credit, however Priceline would charge me cancellation and convenience fees totaling over $200!!! and to top it all off, the CSR Supervisor hung up on me!!! I was livid!

I decided to call Delta, who credited me the full purchase price!!! Priceline has the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I will NEVER book with Priceline again!!!

• Am
    Amike Sep 25, 2012

I booked 4 rooms for 4 nights each. One party pooped out so I had to cancel one room (within a couple of hours of making the reservation) This was on Aug. 22, 2012.

I was informed the hotel, (Holiday Inn Express, Vicksburg) was charging me one nights stay as a cancellation fee. I called the hotel and was informed they did not charge a fee. Called price line back, three times now, finally got a assurance of credit. It is now Sept. 24 2012. Apparently, price line was charging the fee. When I called, (several times), I was put on hold many times, on one occasion, a total of 16 minutes.

They seem to try to make it extremely difficult to get a credit from them. Will not ever use them again!

• Je
    JEFFREY F. Sep 21, 2012

I JUST BOOKED A HOTEL WITH PRICELINE. REVIEWING THE CONFORMATION PAGE, THE DATE WAS INCORRECT. I CONTACTED PL WITHIN SECONDS OF PLACING THE BID. I WAS TOLD THAT THE DATE COULD NOT BE CHANGED NOR COULD IT BE CANCELED. BUT, I COULD CANCEL IF I WOULD AGREE TO PAY A FEE OF THE FULL PRICE OF THE ROOM, BOOK ANOTHER ROOM FOR THE CORRECT DATE THROUGH THEM, AND THEY WOULD REFUND THE INITIAL CHARGE LESS 25 BUCKS. I SAID NO TO THAT. SO, THEY CAN CANCEL BUT FOR A BIG FEE! I CALLED THE HOTEL DIRECTLY AND THEY SAID THEY IT WAS OK WITH THEM TO CHANGE THE DATE BUT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE DONE IN PRICELINE'S SYSTEM. HE SUGGEST A THREE WAY CALL WITH PRICELINE TO CONFIRM HIS AGREEMENT. CALLED PL BACK, THEY PUT ME ON HOLD TO CALL HOTEL AND CAME BACK ON LINE TO GIVE ME THE SAME SPILL ABOUT THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO WITHOUT A $25 FEE. I CALLED THE CARD COMPANY TO DISPUTE IT. BE FOR WARNED, RIP OFF ARTIST. DON'T TRUST. THIS IS THE FIRST PROBLEM I HAVE EVER HAD WITH PL. WILL BE MY LAST. I WILL LOOK FOR ANOTHER SITE. THANKS

Alakse Sep 21, 2012

The worste customer service ever, I bid on a rental car never confirmied something went wrong with my computer and is shut down when I powered my computer up it had confirmed the rental at $29 MORE THAT I HAD BIDDED AND I NEVER GOT THE CAR BUT THEY KEPT MY MONEY AND WOULD NOT HELP ME AT ALL Dwayne Topete.
    Executive Services
    KEPT EMAILING ME TELLING ME IT WAS MY FAULT TOO BAD
    if I couldn't get a refund the executive service of customer service at least could have given me the rental car since I never picked one up...TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY DO NOT HELP THEIR CUSTOMERS THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY.

Alkas Sep 12, 2012

Very Very bad policy I book and trip which was a great price., but we booked an event and all details about event where not online. The ad said pick up at hotel. when we call to confirm they said our hotel was to far and they only pick in one area. There was no parking for us to drive to the event and priceline would not give me a refund or anything, said there is no refunds. Then they say no fees but when we printed everything out there was like 200 in fee's. Taxes ok I know we pay that but other fees for 200 and then hotel fee and then car rental did not have insurance so that was another fee so I paid another 347 on top of what we paid priceline and the lost 112 for the event we could not get to, cause it was on the other side of the island. The only happy part of the trip was the hotel was nice and clean and staff was great we stood at the Embassy suites dorada hotel and casino del mar in Dorado Puerto Rico. But priceline suck's and I lost a lot of money to beware when booking with them.

• Th
    The Ogre Sep 09, 2012

Next time make the reservation directly through the renatl company and it will not be a problem. I dont blame them for not giving a refund. They tell you up front that there are no refunds.

• Do
    dont use priceline Sep 09, 2012

I just wanted to warn anyone using Priceline.com for car rentals and probably other reservations, that there are no exceptions to their " no refund policy " for your hard earned money in cases of Emergency. We made a reservation for a car rental at our destination of flying, but on our way to the airport, we experienced a life-threatening situation which required us to turn around and head straight to the Emergency Room. So of course my mind wasn't on our flight or car rental reservations anymore and taking care of family was priority. The next day after the smoke settled, I called the airline about the missed flight and they understood and were helpful, and I also called Priceline to try to get a refund also. They told me that there was absolutely no way and that it is their POLICY for NO REFUNDS whatsoever and under no circumstances! I'm glad they live in a perfect world - it must be truly blissful! So I just wanted to warn whoever might be thinking of using them...don't expect any help in times of Emergency!

• Od
    Oddey Sep 07, 2012

I am very upset with priceline. There were a mistake on my ticket, and priceline whould not change it, or refund me for that ticket. I had to go through Delta and buy that same ticket. The price I was given, was $200.00 per person. I was not able to use the priceline ticket for my returning flight back to RDU. They just tooked my money, like it was nothing to them. I don't plan to ever use priceline again. I also applied for their priceline visa card, which was approved. I was promised that I will save $50.00 on my flight purchase, but I never received it. Priceline was suppposed to automatically deduct it from my flight. All I asked was for them to change the time from 6:am to 6:pm. How hard was that for them to do? Captain Kurt, I love your TV movies, but I hate the way you run your business. STOP ripping people off!!! Get some English talking people, so we can understand what they are saying.

• Ca
    Camier Sep 03, 2012

Priceline does NOT have the best pricing. They put their "Best Price Guarantee" logo on every page, yet that means nothing. I book rooms for the salesmen for work daily. I can "guarantee" it is clear why Priceline.com is rated 5th of hotel online shopping choices. All hype, no real best pricing, no real service. Once, booking rooms for 3 men for work, they over-booked a hotel. It took 2 hours to straighten it out, and then it was not Priceline that made it right, it was the hotel gave them free rooms at a sister hotel that was cheaper and 10 miles out of the guys' way (better than nothing, but very frustrating to waste their time and put them in lower class hotel). A couple times, I have found the same rooms slightly cheaper after booking, and they hassled the "best price guarantee". This time, I found an identical hotel 25% less on Expedia.com, and they refused to adjust their price to truly give the "Best Price Guarantee".

This is the exact text of the IM with Priceline Customer Service:
    You are now speaking with Brad!
    Brad: Hi! My name is Brad. How may I help you?
    you : Hi Brad!! Just want to be sure you know this price is NOT best deal. Since you do "best price guarantee", I expect to see it drop soon ... on expedia.com, this exact hotel with taxes and fees for these dates is $150.51. Why is your price 25% higher?
    Brad: Hi. Nice to meet you! I would be happy to assist you with your reservation today.
    Brad: Our rates will be backed by our "Best Price Guarantee" for a reservation you book from our site.
    Brad: This means, once you have booked a reservation from our site, if you find a better published price online for the exact same hotel and itinerary within 24 hours and prior to your check in date, we'll refund you 100% of the difference if you qualify.
    Brad: For customers with a U.S. billing address, we'll throw in an extra $50 off your next vacation package.
    you : I use Priceline a lot. I book rooms for the salesmen of my work daily. Should I switch to expedia?
    you : You are not answering my question.
    you : What is "if one qualifies"?
    Brad: Our rates will always be backed by this guarantee. You can read a full description of the guarantee by clicking on the "Best Price Guarantee" link shown within the list of available hotels, or you can search by the topic "Best Price Guarantee" in the Help section of our website.
    you : This reads like Priceline knowingly over charges sometimes. You still haven't answered my question.
    you : Are these answers automated?
    Brad: If price is your main concern, I suggest you Name Your Own Price. You will get a hotel comparable to the one you're looking at but you set the price. Priceline is the only on-line travel provider with this option, which can save you up to 60%.
    Brad: If knowing the name of your hotel is important, we can find a comparable hotel at a lower price. With our Best Price Guarantee, if you find a lower rate later, you're still covered.
    you : So Priceline is good with advertising a price 25% more than Expedia's, correct?
    Brad: I cannot advise on rates from different sites, however the rates on our site will be backed by our guarantee to ensure that if there were better rates available once you have booked you are covered by our guarantee.
    Brad: Does this sound like something you are interested in?
    Brad: Are you still with me?
    you : Yes. Honestly, sounds like Priceline is no longer my go-to for hotels. You charge more than Expedia, and do not care to offer your loyal customers true best prices. I enjoy the "name your own price", but other than that, I think I should always go to expedia 1st.
    you : Knowing the name doesn't matter. I truly use priceline daily for work. I am discouraged to know you do not value honest pricing to your customers.
    Brad: I am sorry you feel that way. Our rates are backed by our guarantee to ensure our customers bet the best deals. Are you wanting to book a reservation at our guaranteed rates?
    you : I am asking you to update this price for all of your customers to match expedia.com's pricing. So that you truly have the best price guarantee. Is that possible? That will make the total $150.51, or less.
    you : I don't want to pay more now, then have to call priceline to get my over=payment returned. Does that make sense?
    Brad: Unfortunately I cannot change the rates on our site. Our rates wil be backed by our guarantee and you may contact customer care after booking if you are wanting to enforce the guarantee, or I can help you to find a different hotel for the reservation which may be available for less.
    you : Exactly. I will use expedia.com to book this hotel, and choose it 1st in future, also. I value honesty very much, therefore I strongly dislike a "best price guarantee" which is a sham.

I was then "disconnected" from my customer service representative. It is CLEAR why they are rated 5th in the industry. This was run-around city!! Priceline has no real benefit to the consumer. Look elsewhere.

• Kl
    Klimde Aug 30, 2012

Priceline gave us a deal price but after we receipted the bill from hotel itself shown the price is cheaper...they didn't want to paid back the different and they kept said it was a mistake..and even the gave us the coupon of $50 you must book again the hotel through them, , with 3 to 5 days..the customer services was rude even the the supervisors, they cheat you, they not working professional like they keep said will safe some money for their customer, they hang up the phoned before we finished it.

• Mu
    Mukolme Aug 27, 2012

Priceline cheats people. Stay away from them. They elevate ratings on hotels so you think you are bidding on a high end 4 star hotel but are really bidding on a 2 star hotel and paying market rate. You don't even get a good deal on their mislabled hotels. Their customer service is awful and they read a script about how they don't refund your money - they clearly have read that script over and over again. Go to expedia, orbitz, booking, anyplace but priceline.

• Id
    Idocare Aug 24, 2012

2 kids and 100 degrees and no pool! Sounds terrible. You shouldn't use priceline.