Priceline.comcancellation fees

J

On my priceline.com trip receipt under important information it reads: "If flight cancellations outside of your control keep you from picking up your car, you will be able to cancel your reservation upon verification". My flight was cancelled. Priceline verified the cancellation. Priceline THEN told me there would be a $27 cancellation fee. Fully 25% of the cost of my unusable retantal. Hidden fee? You bet. I called and wrote, and here was their response.
Dear John,
We are sorry to know that you not satisfied with the cancelation fees charged for your rental car reservation booked with Budget Rent a Car. Our records indicate that we have already addressed your concern. We understand that you are not satisfied with the resolution.
We reviewed your issue again to confirm that we did not overlook anything that might support a more favorable resolution. There is nothing we can add to what has already been stated in our previous correspondence. Although we empathize with your situation, we are truly unable to assistyou further in this matter.
Sincerely,
Sanket T.
Customer Service Specialist

I will no longer do business withPriceline, and neither should you. Deceptive, misleading and dishonest...and they really don't care.

• Fi
    FiveTen Finn Aug 20, 2018

Never, ever book anything via Priceline. They do not explain terms, and you end up thinking you're reserving a hotel stay, they charge you upfront for the entire stay, and if you decide to cancel (even the next day, not even 24 hours has past), you are penalized with a partial refund, and a 35% cancellation fee. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS BUSINESS.

• Ri
    Rionade Jan 09, 2013

Horrible scamming business! Their website gives you options and leads you to believe that you are getting what you want...only to have something different on the contract...and their guarantee...HA! a piece of used toilet tissue has more substance to it. beware...stay away from these scammers!!

Samike Jan 07, 2013

This website SUCKS!!! Don't ever use the name your own price option because they will just book you for a hotel even if you didnt approve it! And on top of that they won't let you cancel your reservation so you are stuck with whatever they book you for even without your permission!

• Ar
    Arkenno Jan 02, 2013

For several days I have been trying to book an airline flight through Priceline's cheap fares. Every time I try to book a flight, the price goes up $150 to $200. I try a similar flight, up to five and it is the same story. Priceline is using the old bait and switch game.

• Li
    Liomex Dec 08, 2012

Please please don't use their travel insurance policy for cancellation, you will have to go through whole lot of hell to get each of your penny and at the end you may not get.

• Da
    Damlet Dec 08, 2012

Review every word on their policy. They will fight you tooth and nail in order to make sure they keep your money. They are not worth the head ache if you have any last minute changes and their operators are highly condescending. I will never use them again.

• Lo
    Loobinade Oct 27, 2012

Charged by Priceline and the rental car company (Hertz) neither of which was able to resolve the issue. I now have to dispute the charge with my credit card company. This is the last time I will be using either company.

• Ka
    Kammer Oct 23, 2012

I really wish I went on this review website earlier to read all these horrible reviews before booking with them. :( Now i'm paying out of pocket for a hotel I never even stayed at...and they wont refund me. NO MATTER how much I tried.

unprofessional.bad customer service. unjust. book anywhere else.

• Si
    Simman Oct 11, 2012

I inadvertently chose the wrong airport to land in and they would not correct it even though it happened only minutes after the purchase. I will never book through them again. The problem with these companies is they just don't get customer service. Restaurants for the most part do.

• Ki
    Kildane Oct 10, 2012

Priceline suggested a property that had recent burglery and was not safe. When I asked to change the reservation, they refused to do so and stated that my family's safety was not their concern.

• Ga
    Gamonn Oct 09, 2012

Priceline is a rip-off!!! Nothing in life is ever "unchangeable" but if you run into a situation where you need to make a change priceline will not even work with you. I wasn't asking for a refund, I only wanted to make a change in location because of a last minute problem. Priceline was uncaring, unsympathetic, rude and unhelpful.

• Ag
    Agunet Sep 21, 2012

Never book from priceline.com EVER! they booked my trip and i had to make a change they told me i was all set and two days before travel i called back and the change wasn't made... and they couldn't make it, no one wanted to call and tell me... its a good thing i called back because i would have showed up tot he airport and not been able to fly to my destination.. for a wedding i was in the next day!!! HORRIBLE!!!

• Ba
    Baklande Sep 20, 2012

Yes!! Stay away!! Customer relation "specialists" don`t give a sh...t about customers!! They will bs you till it`s too late for solution..Never again using this site for booking!!

• Dl
    Dlake Aug 07, 2012

DO NOT USE! Absolutely horrible. Had to change our flight information and they just kept bouncing us around on the phone to different people and it took two hours to speak to the supervisor who barely helped. Then they ended up charging us $1800 instead of $400 so we had to then call the bank and spend more time on the phone getting that fixed. Bottom line, do not use priceline.

• Va
    Vagloke Jul 06, 2012

I booked two nights at a Charlotte Haytt place. Decided to stay another two nights but pushed the wrong button and booked another Hyatt a mile away. Even though it was the same price as the hotel I was in, they would not change my reservation to let me stay at the hotel I was already in. Of course for $180, 00 they would change my reservation. About the worst customer service possible.

• Ti
    tiredoftheseripoffs Jun 30, 2012

Priceline is a nightmare, I couldn't find out what car rental company I got through them, could not get through to them. Also got to the hotel and the room I reserved was changed by priceline. THEY SUCK, STAY AWAY FROM PRICELINE.COM

• Tk
    tkdoff Jun 01, 2012

This just happened to me... make sure your credit card number is not on file. better yet you should have a new one issued they keep your card numbers on file. I also have my credit card company investigating it.

• Ji
    Jikazde May 27, 2012

Will not work with customer. Family emergency with police reports and all documentation. NO HELP! All agents are located in the Philippines and speak broken English and if you asked for a US rep...no can do! Absolutely horrible customer service. STAY AWAY! Call the hotel directly!

• Bo
    Boode May 27, 2012

The worst experience ever online booking! stay away from priceline. they offer something they CANNOT deliver and they do have cancelation fees with awful customer service. Never, ever use this site again! Priceline shouldn't be in business.

• Va
    Valduke Apr 30, 2012

Hotel was not as expected! Save yourself money and just call the hotel direct. Why pay priceline for setting up a reservation you can do over the phone or the hotels home website?? Wish I had of researched it more before using priceline!!

• Da
    DAmooke Apr 24, 2012

I will never book with priceline.com again. After making a guaranteed car rental reservation and even pre-paying insurance, we arrived at our destination ( in another country) to be told there were no vehicles available. We were forced to walk to another location to obtain a much higher price vehicle.

• Po
    Poznalee Apr 16, 2012

I booked a trip through priceline knowing that they had the priceline guarantee... What a crock that is. I had found my exact trip for like $500 cheaper on THEIR website and they were unwilling to refund the difference. Guarantee... YEAH RIGHT! What a JOKE!

• Db
    D Butters Dec 06, 2011

Do not book airline flights with this company as they will refuse to work with you for any changes to your flight that may be necessary and neither will the airlines. Their support is nonexistent. They will offe flights that no one else wants and you are stuck with no choices once you have agreed to their terms in the booking process. Be wary!!!

• Ne
    Nevige Dec 01, 2011

If you do not see your flight while booking with priceline, do not book any vacation with them, they will waist two days of your item on your vacation spending it in the airports. I will never use their services again.

• Mi
    Mikley Nov 08, 2011

When I received my receipt from Beachgate it was for $94.92 including taxes. Priceline refused to refund the $27 stating the was their wholesale price for them.

The hotel told me this is their normal rates for winter specials. Priceline is making a profit...and not honoring their price guarantee.

• Ts
    tsaunders Aug 28, 2011

Worst system ever takes your money before allowing you to see What hotel you get and Where it is in relation to the event you are attending... You should be able to see what you are getting... Such BS deception. If you try to cancel you will be refused and told NO way to cancel NO way to refund... regardless of the circumstances... NOTHING but a SCAM

Do not use!

nothard2please Aug 22, 2011

So true!! We had to go to the bank, pay a $25 fee to have the priceline.com charges put on a "stop payment" and then have the debit card cancelled! My husband had to take off of work to take care of this. They have cost us time, money, and energy. Here's our story: http://productdiary.blogspot.com/2011/08/pricelinecom-is-scam.html

nothard2please Aug 22, 2011

• Li
    Liz Prior Aug 12, 2011

DON'T DO IT - CHEATERS & LIARS
    FIRST THEY BOOK BAD LOCATION
    THEN THEY CHARGE ME 40% MORE
    HOTEL THEY BOOKED ME AT HAS HAD MANY ISSUES WITH UNHAPPY PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THIS SITE'

• Br
    BREEZY10 Aug 12, 2011

DO NOT USE PRICELINE!!! IF YOU HAVE USED THEM IN THE PAST, AND HAVE A CC ON FILE, THEY WILL CHARGE YOUR CARD FOR HOTELS THAT YOU DID NOT AUTHORIZE!! THEY CHARGED ME $75 FOR A HOTEL ROOM I DID NOT BOOK!! WHEN I CONTACTED THEM, THEY REPEATED TO ME OVER AND OVER THAT THEY DON'T GIVE REFUNDS! THIS COMPANY IS FRAUDULENT AND EVERY STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL SHOULD BE NOTIFIED ABOUT THEIR BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES.

• Tb
    tbcc00a Jul 26, 2011

Priceline not accepting bids...When they finally do accept the bid it is more than you entered. Unable to get refund for amount charged and was charged more than my bid. Finally got a refund at a fee of $20. Do not use Priceline.com, better deals, without bidding on other websites.

• Ba
    Battelmen Jun 09, 2011

i bought a ticket from priceline.com to Orlando disneyland ticket with my 4 years old daughter on her birthday . when we arrive to airport they told me there's only one ticket . I was angry but i had to buy another ticket for my daughter to not ruin her birthday which cost me $397.40 . Long story to short i would never never use Priceline.com also i would'nt encourage people to use as well . worst website experience ever

• Pr
    Pramires May 25, 2011

They are liars. they are MORE expensive than if you call the hotel yourself and they have deceptive business practices.

• Cy
    CYoung1952 May 16, 2011

I am discontinuing a credit card and have been contacting the revolving charges on my card to change them over to a new card. One of the charges, I believed to be a charge for a membership to Rush Limbaugh, turned out to be Priceline.com and something called Great Fun. I have been charged $11.99 since December, 2007 without my permission. I have no idea what my recourse is for this and apparently I am not the only victim, but I am pursuing this.

• Le
    Leyla Mar 15, 2011

We have frequently recommended it to friends and family. No more. We complained and had no recourse.

We we charged $208 ABOVE the amount we agreed to and Priceline would give us absolutely no assistance although we called immediately and escalated it.

I cannot express just how dissatisfied and disappointed we are that there is absolutely no recourse for these types of errors from Priceline.

• Gl
    Glacier Group Ltd Jan 01, 2011

I too got the blown off by Priceline, I was a strong supporter of Priceline for the last 8 years until now. I spent over $400 for tickets for Disneyland Park in Anahiem and was sent a voucher to use. It states right on the voucher word for word" Voucher may be redeemed for the Disneyland Parks. Voucher will be required for redemption. The Guest Services told me they dont have any info on their system regarding my tickets for admission to the park. They check a total of six times and nothing, even the manager tryed and still nothing.

So I have to turn to my 7 year old son and tell him we flew over 3000 miles to Disneyland and cant go in the gate because our "Priceline Voucher " is not valid . All priceline can say is we can get back to you in 7days with a answer to why the voucher is not valid. Luckly I am a parent who has the financil means to dish out another $460 dollars to enter the park, but what about the families who don't have this fianancial mean, could you imagine. Shame on you Priceline!!!

So they get back to me 5 days later and blow me off saying I purchased tickets through them (Priceline) that are non-refundable and its my problem not theirs. Is it me or am I in the wrong, you got to be kidding me Priceline. Believe me the fight is not over, you have picked the wrong family to blow off and STEAL my 7 year old sons money, are you kidding me!!!

• Ty
    Tyle Jan 11, 2010

DO NOT USE PRICELINE.com THey allowed an airline to debit my credit card even though they already debited it themselves! I have wasted many hours trying to rectify the problem only to be told - finally- that I may get a refund in 6 months time!!

• Ne
    Nest Jan 11, 2010

I went to Priceline's website to just check what hotels were available in a certain area & ended up with a reservation I did NOT make in a hotel I did NOT ever request. Priceline would do nothing about it & does not care if you got screwed or not. Do not EVER use them as you will be forced to pay for something you NEVER asked for & you certainly will not get any bargain.

• Gc
    gcourselle Oct 22, 2009

I just accidentally booked a hotel room on this site by hitting the home button on the bottom of the page. I had NO idea that it was meant to be a confirmation button. It didn't want to confirm this resveration at all!!! I was just checking prices. Now they say I can't cancel, even though I have another hotel room reserved for that same night in a different city! What's wrong with this picture???

• Hy
    hyi2soojin Aug 24, 2009

I bought aurline ticket that theysay cheape and rent car inculed.
    Because it was chweap no change any thing but they give us time.

I had to got Wichta, KS from Eugene, OR.
    My arrived time to Wichta, KS 23:58PM and return time is 06:30AM nextday.