Prestige Financialcollections and harrassment

I bought a car at Karl Malone Toyota, in Albuquerque. Since I've had a bankruptcy my credit was shaky. I was financed through Prestige Financial. When I did the paperwork at the dealership, I was asked to give five references or point of contacts in case of an emergency. I asked if those references would ever be called, as I didn't want anybody to be bothered with my business. At the time, I was assured those references would never be called. Yeah right.

About two or three days before my first payment was due I received a "courtesy call" reminding me to make a payment. I thought that was odd, but okay. This went on for a few months. I was late with a payment by a few or so days. They called my references!!

I made the payment and made more payments. Then my hours at work were cut and I fell behind. I received something 7-8 calls a day from these people. They would call like three times in a row. I began to think these people were crazy. I would find out later they were calling my references every day, even after being told not to call again.

I had a 2005 kia that had been nothing but trouble from the day I drove it off the car lot. The final straw came when engine blew. I had the car towed back to Karl Malone Toyota. I called Prestige Financial, approximately three days later to come get the car. That was when things entered the Twilight Zone.

Nobody knows where the car is. And I mean nobody. I can't begin to count how many people I have talked to over at Prestige Financial to explain that I no longer had the car. Nor can I say how many times Prestige Financial has said Karl Malone doesn't have the car.

I had one message from Prestige Financial telling me that I apparently didn't care about my credit or anything, blah..blah..blah. They're right, I don't care, because I don't have the car.

The calls to my references turned insane enough that I copied and pasted a portion of the Fair Credit Reporting act telling them that they had to stop calling.

Now my account in the Recovery and Legal Department. Once again they are demanding I give up the car or face litigation. Now, I don't have a car to turn in, because it was turned in way back in May.

I would never, ever recommend this company as a finance company. They do not communicate with each other.

• Hu
    Hughes Ellzey Jun 10, 2011

Please contact the law office of Hughes Ellzey, LLP if you have had your vehicle repossessed without a notice letter. Hughes Ellzey is currently handling such cases. For more information, please visit the following link: http://www.crafthugheslaw.com/Vehicle-Repossession-Lawyer.shtml or call the office directly at [protected].