Resolved Popeyes Chicken & Biscuitsunsanitary restrooms and poor customer service!

My wife and I recently went to Alexandria, La to shop. On our way home we stopped at the Popeyes on U.S.165 in Kingsville. We ordered our food and my wife went to the restroom. Shortly she came from the restroom and was livid. She told the salesperson behind the counter their restroom for the ladies was filthy. The sales person didn't respond at all. My wife found the manager and told him there was feces on the camode seats. He said he would check it out. Don't know if he did or not but we will not be going back to eat in any Popeyes. We plan to pass this information to all our friends and hope they will do the same. If the restrooms are this unsanitary, it makes you wonder what other health problems may be present that the public doesn't see.

• Updated by Owen Devaughn Galvin · Feb 06, 2018

I previously worked for Popeyes Chicken and I haven't received my paycheck yet.

• Gr
    Greg Jun 21, 2007

It was late Friday night working hard so I decided to stop at Popeyes to get some dinner. I ordered the 5 piece chicken strips meal but they didn't have anything ready. They said it would take about 15 minutes. It took 30 minutes instead. The workers were lazy and weren't working fast. Everyone reading this right now, go to KFC for fried chicken not POPEYES!

• Er
    Ernest skinner Oct 19, 2007

I went to the Popeyes chicken store #2509 the out side appearance of the store was terrible there was trash all over the parking lot there were potholes all over the parking lot. The building was dirty especially around the drive through window area. The person working the drive through window was on the phone having what sounded like a personal conversation.The wait in the drive through line was so long the car in front of me got tired of waiting and pulled away. On other visits to this same location I have gone inside . But after seeing the appearance of the store and the some employers their attitudes. I will not be returning . Thanks.

• Ju
    Judy McAndrew Oct 26, 2007

I have a new complaint, and do not know how to get my own page. I work in the HomeHealth field. One of my clients had a card sponsored by Wellcare and Popeyes, reading "BE OUR GUEST! This card entitles you to A 3 Piece Combo. " It asked for a valid signature.. she signed it. No expiration date. I traveled 4 miles round trip to get this meal for her dinner. When I presented the card to the clerk, she said "This was last weeks promotion: she would have to be present anyway." I bought the dinner for her.. I was not going back empty handed.
    My client is not able to ride with me to be present #1, secondly there is no expiration on the card. This event took place at the store on San Jose Blvd, Jacksonville, Fl. My client was very embarrassed, wondering what she owed me. I told her nothing, it is not your fault. I can provide the card upon your request. Please give this your full attention. I do not believe WellCare would want to hear what they are sponsoring such a bogus advertising. Thank you

• Me
    Melissa Nov 08, 2007

Ewe!! I just went to the Antioch, Illinois Popeyes and was extremely disappointed! First of all, the restaurant just opened and they were offering a 10 piece box special for $11.99. The total the cashier gave me was $19.77. I had to tell her what the price of the special was (?). Then, a girl sucking on her finger came to the window and said they had no chicken legs so could they substitute which I guess isn't a big deal but it's dinner time, shouldn't they have the essentials ready? The third thing was that the BISCUITS WERE OLD. Ick! When I worked in restaurants, we threw away bread and rolls at the end of the day. It was obvious, since the biscuit was hard on the bottom and tasted like crap, that they used biscuits from the day before. I am extremely disappointed and will be copying this note and sending it to the Popeyes corp. office.

• Za
    Zamaria Williams Nov 24, 2007

There is a manager with a nasty attitude at the store 2601 Comika Dioxn. She don't know how to talk to the gust as she takes the orders and they don't never have chicken. I don't think she need to have a job working with other guest.

• Ru
    ruth macaray Dec 17, 2007

In fairness,not all popeyes eatery are that filthy and bad. For instance, In our area,Torrance LA... located in sepulveda... they have courteous employees, serve time was fast,clean counters, and didn't hear problems from people coming in and out. I've been eating there for more than 5 years already(its near our house). All restaurants anyway have their Pros and Cons.

• Na
    Nadine Fischer Mar 14, 2008

I went to the Popeye's at 2125 E. Pioneer Pkwy. in Arlington, Texas on March 13, 2008. After seeing the food, I got my money back and left. The 2 piece had a chicken leg that looked like it was cut off the wing.The thigh was old looking and burnt. I tried to talk to the manager but was given the run around. The chicken looked as if it had been cooked the day before and just reheated for my order. I will NOT be going back again.

• Vi
    vicki May 05, 2008

I went to the popeye's chicken this evening and sat in line for 15min. to get to the order and be told that it would be another 15min's to get mild chicken. they did not have any cooked I not believe what I was hearing .A chicken resturant that is busy do not have chicken cooked and you would have to wait 15mins I said unexceptable and the kid said owell. I left and went to another chicken place got more for my money and was home in the amount of time I would have gotten popeyes. This was in Lincoln Ne on N 48th st.

• Be
    Bernadette Diamond Jun 08, 2008

I recently had some bad expierence with Popeyes in the Waterfront, Homested Pa. Long time ago I quit going to that particular one cause they were always messing up my order. Then they went under new management the place is now cleaner and the service got a little better but now they arent good either. I dont think I will ever go back they still mess up orders they charge you for everything how do they not give you at least one sauce even McDonalds gives one sauce for your order. Also the management are not nice they cant even try to make it right for their employes so you never have to worry about getting my money. I will never give that particular Popeyes my money ever again. There are many other establishments my money.

Mary Ball Jun 27, 2008

I recently went to Popeyes in Moreno Valley, Ca.store number 10385 on my way home from work on June 27. I looked up at the advertisement on display and I decided to order a #9 catfish dinner. When I recieved my order I was livid. I knew from past experience to allways check your order before leaving a restaurant.But, when I looked in the bag at the size of the catfish, I was surprized and mad. It was't close to the size displayed on the billboard. The catfish was no larger than the size of a McDonald's chicken mcnugget. The store attendant tried to convince me that it was the same size as the picture on display.YEAH RIGHT.I feel that this is false advertisement.

• De
    Denise Nichols Aug 25, 2008

I am so glad I decided to take the time to sit down and pull this site up! Its been 8 days ago and I'm STILL fuming over our visit to Popeyes in Waynesboro, Ga.
    There had been a fire that burned the store to the ground over a year ago.My family enjoys the food there even tho the parking lot was always grubby, the store is messy, bathrooms nasty, they screw up your orders, and the staff couldn't care less! Still we waited, watching as they built it.Finally it was open. We went a couple of times but they were slow, talking on the cell phones and each other, ran out of chicken at lunch or had dried up chicken etc.
    We waited a few months.I saw coupons in the paper and we decided to all go.At the counter we found that the coupons were not worth the effort to cut them out.I looked at the board and saw the catfish strips.Almost $7 for 6.The strips looked good size, I ordered them.My Brother got the butterfly shrimp.Mom and Sister got chicken.I got my order sat down and looked at my fish"strips" I was furious!!! I held the biggest one up and it was the size of my index finger!!! I took it back up to the counter and and told the clerk I wanted fish STRIPS not embreyos. I got that famous Duhhhhhhh look.I wanted to toss them over the counter but was very hungry.I looked at my brother "butterfly" shrimp.I saw a little pile of tails.Whoops, my bad. That WAS the butterfly shrimp!!! Even the pigeon, uhhh, chicken was messed up and had to be changed.We were very unhappy campers.When I spoke to friends last week, I found that 8 out of 10 people had the same complaints and they live 50 miles away in Augusta, Ga
    I'm trying to get a group of my buddies together and picket in front or a sit in.Yeah, I'm that mad.Sick of being ripped off!
    Good thing... the fish was hot, tarter sauce steller!
    False advertizing, bait and switch, misrep. a product...

• Er
    eric m Sep 25, 2008

i work ata popeyes chicken and the chicken strips take three minutes to cook so you peole on here really need to stop lying for real get a life

• Dy
    DYNASTY Dec 15, 2008

WHOOONAAA!! Down heer in the south we like seasoned chicken.and we love popeyes ya heard! but i noticed that the prices have went up ok.. we are in a economic crisis the prices are higher and the food is smaller !! i weigh 115 im a 21 year old im not gretty either! but when i go to popeyse and get a 3 pc strip and a side and a biscuit far like 6 bucks its like a kids meal to grown ups the strips are all bread and my fries are alwys cold and taste like yall old mop water too! lets get it right popeyes!!!

• Pi
    pissedofflwoman Dec 04, 2013

The last time I went into Popeye's I was told there would be an 8 minute wait on mild chicken, well that wait turned into 35 minutes. While I am waiting they are selling my chicken to everyone that ordered after me and I had already paid. Today I go into the Navasota Texas location and 2 people working at lunch time 12:00pm there was a line of course. When I ordered they messed up both of my orders and they did not have any fries, they did not have any gravy for mashed potatoes, they did not have any of the sandwiches offered on the menu, and no spicy chicken strips. Really???? This place is sad and should be shut down. It's lunch time, why did they even open the doors? The 2 girls that were in there did not understand English well at all, made my lunch longer than expected. Please get some employees in there that know what they are doing. Please this is happening too often.

• Bl
    blame the parents here Dec 04, 2013

So because someone who is not potty trained went in the restaurant before your wife did you blame them? Also how old is your wife, can't she fight her own battles and post her own reviews? Clearly if she is old enough to be married she can fight her own battles.

• Re
    Reviewer84541 Feb 02, 2016

A heavy-set guy usually works in the back handing out chicken with exposed frontal neck-wound showing blood seeping though gauze around the neck.
    This is very unsanitary and unappetizing . I hope corporate do something about this situation. Just wanted to have a good meal, or buying stuffs home for the kids, upon seeing this a few times, just don't want to buy from this place anymore. It's very disgusting.

• Gd
    gdvbus sbfucyar gfAS df cgf Feb 09, 2016

HI MY NAME IS DEBRA HUDSON I ENTER POPEYES RESTURANT TODAY ON FEB 9, 2016 I WAIT IN LINE THE CASHIER TOOK MY ODER SHE DIDN'T REPEAT MY ODER BACK I PAID I CHECK MY TICKET I SEE SHE DID not add my extra biscuit while i talking to the cashier the women behind her jump in that was preparing the food she start getting frustrated with me saying i fix your food and pointing the tongue you pick the chicken with pointing at me as if she wanted to throw it at me the lobby stop all eyes on me she yelling im the mother **** manager and if she the manager and represent POPEYES FOOD CHAIN THEN I WILL NOT NEVER EAT AT POPEYES AGAIN THEY MAKE THE FOOD TASTE FUNNY WITH THEM BAD ATTITUDE I WAS AFRAID SHE THREAT MY LIFE AMD SAID SHE DO SOMETHING TO ME AND HAVE SOMEONE DO IT FOR HER THAT's SCARE ME SO I DID NOT MAKE A POLICE REPORT BECAUSE IT WAS TIME FOR MY KIDS TO RETURN HOME FROM SCHOOL AT 300 this happened at popeye 3696 3451 W.ROOSEVELT ROAD CHICAGO IL, 60624

• Wine Is Good Jul 01, 2016

I realize this is old, but I have to say it. For all of you wondering if the kitchen is nasty because the bathrooms are nasty, please remember, it is the customer who ### all over the toilet seat in the bathroom and leaves it, not the employees. So your insinuation about the kitchen is ridiculous. Customers are not allowed in the kitchen. If you want a clean bathroom, then stop making messes everywhere. You want a clean place to eat, clean up after your self entitled, nasty selves.

• Al
    Alijandro Aug 14, 2018

When I was trying to place my order, the cashier was constantly getting it wrong. She kept stumbling & slurring her words. This isn't the first time that this has happened, at this location. Numerous of the other employees, also appeared to be high. The store would always be dirty, I would always have to get someone to clean a table.

Jaydee33 Aug 15, 2018

You have a worker in San antonio.281 /bulverde area...his name is Idris Gleason...he was recently in jail.. 7 charges sexual assault of a child...I don't think it's safe for him to be around children . he's putting the kids at risk and your brand..

Anastacio Onate Aug 15, 2018

I ordered for delivery in Just Eat. It came as scheduled. My kids were eating the chicken as they did not finished the food. I tried to find out why. As i look on the chicken i noticed the color then i smell it. The odor is spoiled food. I told my kids not to continue eating. I emailed Just Food delivery about what happened.

• F0
    F00dsaver Aug 20, 2018

Would not except my coupons

• Ow
    Owen Devaughn Galvin Aug 28, 2018

My first day working at Popeyes was December 31st in Florissant, MO. As of today Feb. 8th I still haven't received a paycheck.

• Bj
    Bjmccullough00 Aug 29, 2018

The night Manager apologized for not having diet Pepsi. I'm diabetic only other thing they had that I could drink was unsweet tea. It smelled and tasted sour. Said it was just made. No way!! Refused to make more so we got our money back. Very rude attitude. Santa Nella Ca Popeyes

• Ca
    Carlasnow Sep 02, 2018

They gave me a leg that should be my tooth pick I work all day to get home to this bullshit do better this happen to me before on Lavista Road in Georgia I'm so piss not happy at all

• Ta
    taimoor aslam Sep 03, 2018

Me and my friend had chicken from 3909 17 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2A 0S5 Popeyes location. Looked like either the chicken pieces had been sitting there for a while and had gone stale or were not properly cooked. have been experiencing immense stomach pain since last night

• Se
    Seahawkfan Sep 06, 2018

I went to buy chicken this morning and my order was wrong and my chicken was raw and i tell the lady with the accent and she looked at me and rolled her eyes at me, and then I tried calling the manager to tell her my situation and she was on the phone and never attended me. This is horrible customer service I'm never going back there again!!!

• Tb
    Tbonslove Sep 18, 2018

I ordered butterfly shrimp and this is what I got and it was hard to eat coating to crispy

• Na
    Nathanielreed12 Sep 18, 2018

A young man was not clean and cursed a lot what type of "Ghetto" business is this? He never have nothing on his head but hair could get in anybody's food. This is sad and outrageous. Normally when I come around 11 or 12 he's always on his phone and don't washes his hands after digging in his pockets

• Ro
    Robert Nevels Sep 19, 2018

On 8/16/17, visited this location and found a roach in carton they served the food in. Food containers seem to be contaminated with roaches

• Me
    Meekameeka2010 Oct 02, 2018

Very rude services disrespectful services food old and over cooked etc. Need my money back and a corp. Call or email so can do a verbal complaint can not write all of what happen with experience with a couple words

• Ro
    Robin Buck Oct 15, 2018

This restaurant is just horrible I have never got a correct order...from the first day this restaurant opened up until now, everytime I go there they get my order wrong, always forgetting to put my whole order in the bag and since I always use the drive through I don't notice it until I get home, I will never go back there again.

• Ru
    runicSeekers Oct 21, 2018

Had an allergic reaction while at work asked to leave for hospital vist was refused had to clock out with out aprroval then next work day i called in to report that i would not be able to come in for the rest of the week and was then told that i was no longer required to come in also have not recived my last paycheck as of yet

• La
    Laverne Pounall Oct 21, 2018

On 7/18/2017 I purchase a 10 spicy no thighs freshly cooked when I got my order the chicken was old & dark I took the chicken back ask for some freshly cooked chicken waited bout 25mins just to get home and realize my order was wrong again Mild chicken with ONLY 2breast & the rest was legs ONLY.WHICH I LIVED 30mins away.

Ana Maria Hawkins Oct 21, 2018

I wanted to take the time to write a positive review about one of your franchise. This franchise is located on 90th Maple, Omaha Ne. I was at this location on July 22nd at 8:47pm. What an awesome group of employees I had the pleasure of dealing with. Very polite, curtious and a very positive experience.

Warmly,
    Ana Hawkins

• Li
    Lisa5426 Oct 22, 2018

I've never see a Popeyes look messy like this
    Not sure if it's due to laziness or what but it was filthy the location on antelope and lichen Dr in sacramento California at 11:30 lunch hour

• Pa
    P. Andres Oct 23, 2018

I bought a 12 piece family meal on 7/3/17 @ the 3501 Atlantic Blvd location and only received 11 pieces of which 2 were severely burnt and majority were spicy when it was supposed to be original.

jacksonbarbara kals Oct 28, 2018

May 28, 2017 I visited Popyeyes Store #2107. I placed three orders
    #71, 73, 74 (drive thru) taken by Jermara L. When I got home the tea was unsweetened . So I immediately went back I spoke with the female manager. The young man who took the order thought it was funny. He continued laughing about it. I did not think it was funny. I am 67 !

• El
    Elizabeth tullos Oct 31, 2018

I got into right because the girl I was working with was talking about me since I started I got tired of treating me the way she did so I whooped her ass so they arrested me and fired me and I kept telling them to tell her to make her stop and she wouldn't quit so I fought her this happened at amite louisiana Popeyes

• Pa
    Paula Brown Nov 04, 2018

I ordered the 10 dollar meal with the 5 piece mixed with 2 sides and 2 biscuits. I get home with 4 pieces of chicken and no biscuits at all. I would like to be refund for my order. I went on the 28th of October. It was supposed to be mixed. I received 2 legs a breast and a thigh. The chicken was greasy and I could not even eat it.