Having problems with Plato's Closet?

Plato's Closet reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 16, 2007. The latest review Very rude, condescending employees that are extremely unprofessional was posted on Apr 25, 2021. The latest complaint selling fake shoes/not standing behind your merchandise! was resolved on Nov 26, 2014. Plato's Closet has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 187 reviews. Plato's Closet has resolved 56 complaints.

Plato's Closet Customer Service Contacts

605 Highway 169 N Ste 400
Minneapolis, Minnesota
United States - 55441-6536

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Plato's Closet Customer Service. Initial Plato's Closet complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Plato's Closet above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Plato's Closet. Discuss the issues you have had with Plato's Closet and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Plato's Closet Complaints & Reviews

Plato's Closet — wrong clothing

On Sunday 7/24/2016 my husband and I went into the Plato's Closet location in Killeen Texas with a large bad...

Plato's Closet — reselling items!

I went into platos closet a few weeks back and took in a apple ipad cover I was told that they did not take...

Plato's Closetthe craziest store ever

6000 lake gray blvd, unit b02a
Jacksonville, fl 32244
[protected]

I was at plato's closet today and sold them a pair of boots that cost $80.00. they gave me $4.85 for them. the woman at the counter which had blonde hair and it this is was on friday, may 27, 2016. there was a man at the counter, who started to help me and then rudely interrupted me for a ghetto blonde headed black woman, who was also very. then the blonde headed white woman helped and was also rude. I told her, that I was being ripped off for the boots, she proceeded to explain that the brand I brought in was not listed. then the blonde heade black woman and her ghetto friend proceeded to try to start a huge fight, because she was desperate for me to hold conversation with her and I am black also, but did not want to deal with her because she looks like one of the strippers from waco's a local strip club in the area. her personality sucked and she was some nasty disgusting black woman from florida that I did not want to deal with, I am a honest hardworking black woman that does not want that rep.

Stay away from plato's closet orange park florida, ghetto

• Je
      Jersey 12345 Oct 17, 2016

Don't ever walk in the edison location! Disgusting stuff and owner... Stay away seriously... They are so judgmental it's not even funny! You touch other people worn crotch pants and swim stuff.. Seriously! Lmao

Crazy

Crazy Store

Plato's Closet Orange Parkscam artist

Plato's Closet Orange Park
    6000 Lake Gray Blvd, Unit B02A
    Jacksonville, FL 32244
    [protected]

I was at Plato's Closet today and sold them a pair of boots that cost $80.00. They gave me $4.85 for them. The woman at the counter which had blonde hair and it this is was on Friday, May 27, 2016. There was a man at the counter, who started to help me and then rudely interrupted me for a ghetto blonde headed black woman, who was also very. Then the blonde headed white woman helped and was also rude. I told her, that I was being ripped off for the boots, she proceeded to explain that the brand I brought in was not listed. Then the blonde heade black woman and her ghetto friend proceeded to try to start a huge fight, because she was desperate for me to hold conversation with her and I am black also, but did not want to deal with her because she looks like one of the strippers from Waco's a local strip club in the area. Her personality sucked and she was some nasty disgusting black woman from Florida that I did not want to deal with, I am a honest hardworking black woman that does not want that rep.

Stay Away From Plato's Closet Orange Park Florida, GHETTO

Anonymous1234. Aug 14, 2018

There is a ceiling tile missing directly over stalls which makes me feel very uncomfortable using the stalls as it is a clear view into all girls bathroom stalls. Has been this way several months. Very odd.

Comments
        Comments

useful

Plato's Closet — snobbery at its finest!

in July 2013, I went to the Plato's in Trussville (Alabama) with my fiance so he could sell some of his old...

Plato's Closet — prejudice /racism and uppity

Just reading over complaints I finally understand it was just not me. This place takes one look at you and...

Plato's ClosetI was selling and item that I took to them twice. and still they didn't accept my item after I fixed the issue.

I have purchased items from them and bought items from them also. I took my item there today and they told me spots were in it. So I got it cleaned and they told me the same thing. But time before that I had some shoes that they didn't take. So while I was talking to the cashier some brought shoes as well but the cashier wiped the dirt off the shoes and gave the customer money. I just want to say I really think they are racists. I feel like its not fair to treat people unfair just because you can. The store need better management.

Plato's Closet — lies

This place is awful. I understand not wanting my clothes I bring in but they won’t take clothes I purchased...

Plato's Closettrying to sell clothing

I'm very pissed off everytime I go into this store they never buy anything you have these young kids looking at the things and really don't know what they are looking at. Now these are things I know I paid good money for and they always say they can't take it. #the worst store ever

Plato's Closetrude, horrible offers on clothes.

I took a box full of items which would retail for between $300 and $350. All were clean and were in unworn or like new condition. The clerk, who was not particularly polite or pleasant, told me it would be about three hours before the offer would be ready, and that they'd call me. She told me that they'd pay me about 30% of retail for the items.

Since they never called me as promised, I called them at close to closing time that evening. They told me the offer was ready, and I asked them what it was. They refused to tell me over the phone, saying they were only "allowed" to tell me in person.

When I arrived a day later, they told me that the offer was $12 for the entire box. That's about ten percent of what they told me they'd offer--somewhere around three percent of the original cost! I refused the offer, but they told me that I'd have to stand in line to "void the transaction" or I couldn't have my own property back. Everyone I spoke to was at best uncaring and at worst rude.

Even worse, they told me that if I hadn't picked up my clothes that day they would have donated them to a charity. I can guess what that charity would be...

Finally, when I went through my items, I found that several of the best items were missing, including a limited edition jacket.

I wish it were possible to give a store less than zero stars.

I will never, ever consider recommending them to anyone. Ever.

Plato's Closetbad for business!! plato's closet? more like pandora's closet

I call BS on the business practices of the Plato's Closet in Ridgeland, MS!!! My experience was next to horrible. In my opinion, the only thing that should be taken into consideration when purchasing clothes from a donor is the value/worth of the clothes themselves. When I went into the Plato's Closet in Ridgeland, MS, I was instantly sized up from head to toe. It was a very eerie feeling, however, I chose to proceed with my donations. I eventually left my clothes there and returned back 2 hours later to see what they took vs. not. [I had three bags sorted accordingly with shoes, shirts/dresses, and jeans. I had a pair of True Religion jeans as well as other designer apparel. Most of my pieces even had the tags on them.] Needless to say, when I returned I was told that ALL of my items had been rejected. Initially, I thought surely with the poor selection in the store they would have taken a few of my items. The girl who checked my bag [who was also the manager of the store] had a grin on her not so slim looking face the entire time. The card stated that my items where rejected due to wear, non-teen items, and where out of season by 2 years. I call absolute BS!! What wear? Out of season? To items that were recently bought, never worn, and still had the tags on them? OK gotcha! Even another sales clerk apologized, she couldn't believe it either. Several other customers who saw me come in with my items were shocked they did not take anything. I say this not as a angry customer seeking a resolution. I believe in the value of my things, and I know they will be bought one way or another. It was Plato's who missed out on that one. The purpose of this complaint is to notify ALL Plato's stores, [especially the one in Ridgeland, MS] to alert their team about good business practices. It is not right to pass on a person's merchandise due to personal bias. That can be bad for a business that is so largely based on individual donations. The better the clothes, the better the profit. Rid your stores of these people, so you won't have to do a promo every other week to get rid of your merchandise like the Plato's Closet in Ridgeland, MS. It just doesn't add up. I absolutely won't be back to Plato's in Ridgeland, MS and won't encourage others to go either.

Plato's Closetlied to the customer

This evening I visited the Plato’s Closet in El Cajon that recently opened. The store had digital signage indicating that it was open for business. The doors were unlocked. I entered and was greeted by the sales staff. The store was well-stocked with a good selection of the merchandise that I come in for, Men’s sneakers and shirts. In fact, of the 68 Plato’s Closet stores that I have visited in 14 states it was in the top 10. I picked out three shirts and a pair of sneakers with prices properly marked adding up to over $80 and was told that the store wasn’t really open and I could not purchase the merchandise.

Apparently, the franchises have to wait a certain time before they can sell their inventory. The manager did not even know when the store would actually open. I left the store incredibly disappointed and angry after traveling 20 miles one way.

This corporate policy is incredibly stupid and can only cause hard feelings among potential customers. It is possible that I will not set foot in the 70th store in the 15th state. The merchandise is second hand rejects for goodness sakes. It is an upscale thrift store. How can the corporate office have the arrogance to turn away customers at the very time that new customers are forming their first impressions? And the sneakers were some of my favorites that would add to my marcosian shoe collection. I am disappointed and angry. I can’t stand stupidity on the part of rich people who should know better.

Plato's Closetpoor service

I came to Platos Closet and brought a large bag of very gently used clothing into this store. The young lady that looked over my things to see if they would want them didnt want not ONE item, stating that they were not good enough and because some of them werent name brand. Although I looked around their entire store and mostly Everything in this store was clearly damaged and very worn out. I took pictures also. This company only accepts what they want to depending on the person who looks at your items. I contacted this store by email thinking a manager would respond or contact me back about this and No One did. It clearly shows how Unprofessional they are when it comes to customer complaints about their store. There are alot of Young kids who work in this store. Also mostly everything they had for sell was clearly damaged, faded, scratched, etc but they accepted these items and didnt want the clothing I tried to provide to them that had only been worn Twice! The things they had for sale I wouldnt let my Dog wear! Another time I brought in very new items that had never been worn and they didnt except those either. They also want to buy things from you for little or nothing and they sell it in their store very expensive! They rip off their customers and something needs to be done about this company! It makes all the Platos Closets look very Bad! I will not be providing service to this company again!!

Plato's of Charlottesville VA — selling fake shoes/not standing behind your merchandise!

So here goes, I have been shopping with all Platos around Virginia for at least 4 years, lately I have spent...

Plato's Closet — Racist prejudice and unfair

I have had several bad experiences doing business with platos closet they offer you less for your items if...

Plato's Closet — bad business practices

Beware of platos closets rules and regulations that is unforseen due to they wont tell you. If you go to a...

Plato's Closet — customer service

I had brought two large bags of clothes into Plato's closet to sell. The young woman told me it would be...

Plato's Closetbad service

The owner is a old white lady, she is racist, rude, doesn't want anything but your money, and looks at all blacks like she hates them. She has family members that works there with her that's rude just like her. When you ask her questions on the phone she would hang up in your face, and the blacks that works with her they are nice but she doesn't want them to carry a conversation with the customers. If some one is reading this please find someone else to manage this store. Thank you.

Plato's Closetmanagement

Immediately walking into the store the manager Amber had an attitude like she didn't want to buy my clothes. I blew it off and started to shop but when she called my name to tell me what she could purchase from me she again had an attitude. After she offered me money for my clothes she cashed me out and slammed the register before even asking me if I'd like to use it towards buying more clothes. Normally that's something that's offered to customers because you save on sales tax. When I told her that's what I wanted to do she yelled at me and told me there's nothing I can do for you now! When my boyfriend picked up the sign to get the owners number she ripped it out of his hand and called him a dummy! She said if you want to talk to them I'll call them for you, but when she did she did nothing but lie and wouldn't let me talk to them! After hanging up with the owner she told us to get out of her store and then chased us out to our car and threatened to fight me! I was in shock, I had my 3 year old daughter with me! I think she was on drugs because I still can't understand why anyone would act the way she did!

Plato's Closetbad associates

I went to Plato's Closet with my friend. My friend donated 2 brand new designer items, and she only got $7.50!! I took a bag of old clothes, and they didn't take a single thing!! Apparently the clothes have to be currently in style; they can't even be 1-2 years outdated!!
                      The girls were b*****s, and the girl who checked us out (I'm pretty sure her name was Sarah Carlson, and she went to my high school), asked my friend if she wanted to buy her own sunglasses just because she was holding them! And the girls are not one to judge clothes, because she had hair that was dyed brown in the front and blonde in the back, and she was wearing the same pink sweatshirt that I've always seen her in. It was completely ridiculous, and needless to say, I won't be going back there again.