Platinum Millennium Publishingcharge on my visa for “free” sign

B Nov 16, 2018

I bought a course from Writers Life and it asked if I wanted a "free" sign. Turns out, that sign came from a company called Platinum Millenium Publishing And it has cost me 67.73 so far. Unfortunately, you can't comtact them. I noticed somewhere the name Ty Cohen involved with the Platinum Millenium Publishing Company, so I tried to contact him. I finally found a place in one of his platforms that said Contact Us but the page had been removed. My credit card company was good enough to take the charge off, but I'm afraid they'll charge me again. What if this is some kind of monthly thing? I emailed Writers Life but they haven't gotten back to me. I'll no longer deal with either company again! Do I have to change my card to stop them from getting and more of my money??

• Wr
    WritersLife Dec 06, 2018

Hi Bambi. I am so sorry that you were charged for a membership that you did not want.

We do offer our customers a YES or NO trial to our membership when they order certain items from us. You have the option of saying NO if you do not wish to join the PWA membership program. We are totally transparent about it on our web page, and you are not forced into joining.

Our membership program is packed with content that a lot of authors and writers such as yourself find to be extremely beneficial to them.

We do offer you a free, 14-day trial to read the content, watch the videos, consume the newsletters and listen to the insider interviews. As stated on our website and within the terms, if the trial is not canceled after the free 14 day trial period, you are then charged for the membership, which you can still cancel at any time and receive a full refund.

Again, this is not a membership that you are forced to take. IN fact, to be totally transparent on all of our order pages you will see a very visible “No Thanks” option that will NOT put you into our membership, perhaps you overlooked it.

Again, I am so sorry for this mistake and want to make things right with you in whatever way I can, including providing you with a full refund if you wish.

I would like to try to make up for you not being satisfied and look forward to speaking with you and I hope you have a great day!

Please reply here or reach out to us using any of the contacts means below;

Please note that when leaving a voicemail or sending in an email or support ticket, depending on the day and time, it can take up to 72 hours to receive a reply from us.

We are open from 9 am to 9 pm Eastern Time Monday – Friday