Planet Fitnessharassment & discrimination

The manager, Cathy Bogdon harasses the employees. She threatens them. She tells them if they don't learn their job, she will let them go. These are mostly high school students. She discriminates when students come in to apply for positions. The turnaround rate for employment is very high. A lot of her employees do not feel comfortable around her. There is no corporate telephone number for the company to submit a complaint. I need help to file a FORMAL COMPLAINT AGAINST THIS SO CALLED MANAGER & COMPANY. Please contact me. Marisa Guagliardi [protected]

• Gi
    Gillian Hettinger Oct 06, 2015

Today at Planet Fitness in Pompton Lakes, most of the newly-installed paper towels machines were non-functional, meaning that most people were not wiping down equipment. I went to the front desk and reported it. Shortly thereafter, I saw the manager, Allison Swarts, checking one machine. She stated it wasn't working because it was empty. I pointed out the several other machines which had towels in them but which were non-functional. With that, she began screaming at me, in public, and ordered me out of "her gym." I told her she was being ridiculous and it was in fact a health hazard not to have readily available paper towels to wipe down equipment. She continued to scream and ordered me to leave the gum and apologize to her. I, of course, did neither, and plan to continue using the gym as long as I choose--otherwise, I will take legal action.

• Be
    bebe1028 Apr 15, 2011

They are a horrible organization.

• Be
    bebe1028 Apr 15, 2011

This company's so-called dress code is discriminative against African American Women and Men. I have been a member for almost two years. And have worn a silk scarf on several occasions with no issues. However, on April 13th I was denied access at 8:30 pm. As of today April 14th I cancelled my membership and have encourage co-workers and friends to do the same. I had never been informed of this rule and I believe this is only because of the increase in African-American Customers that this particular branch has decided to enforce this so-called corporate sponsored rule. I will also be filing complaints with several agencies regarding this disrespect. I have been a member of several gyms and have never been told I could not wear a silk scarf. The Manager did not care and was not sympathetic at all. He was very rude and disrespectful. And to think I recommended this gym. From this day forward I will tell everyone I know and all on Facebook to stay away from Planet Fitness. Additionally, I am requesting a refund for my membership. Since, I was not aware that I was patronizing a gym that is racist.

• Tr
    Trish Malin Dec 19, 2010

Mrs. Bogdon's so-called "training" is laughable to say the least. They've gone through at least a dozen different people in less than a year for the front desk opening position. She does indeed threaten her employees, however, in the words of Thomas More, what can you expect when you "create thieves and then punish them for stealing." Mediocre training leads to mediocre employees. She's been in the business for a long time and rules with an iron fist, which would be more justified if she focused more on making sure the kids know what they're doing instead of making them feel like vermin when they make a mistake. Good luck with your campaign, Ms. Guagliardi. You have my support.

Comment Guidelines