Menu
Home Roofing Pimlico Plumbers needed a gully cleared and flushed

Pimlico Plumbers review: needed a gully cleared and flushed

O
Author of the complaint
5:19 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I called out Pimlico to clear and flush my gully and gutters. I explained to the gentleman that my ceiling was leaking as the gully was blocked so I needed the gully and the gutters to be unblocked to stop the leaking.

I as informed that a roofer called Elliott would attend my property between and hour to an hour and half. I was later called and informed that the roofer was running late and would be at my premises at 14.15.

The premise is a barbershop. I instructed my barber to call me as soon as the roofer arrived. I got a call at 14.22 to say the roofer had arrived.

When I met Elliott he informed me that he would need to do some flashing as the flashing was coming undone. When Elliott later realised that it was flushing that was required he retracted his initial comment and said actually my flashing was fine. This certainly caused me to question his integrity – was there actually anything wrong with my flashing or had Elliott exaggerated simply to create a job? He then later went onto say that he did not even have the correct equipment to complete flashing anyway! It is rather difficult to believe that a tradesman would attend a property without the tools required to complete the job. That is comparable to turning up to fix a screw without a screwdriver of any description. At this point, I as beginning to get flashbacks from the BBC programme ‘rogue traders’. But surely Pimlico plumbers could not be among the disreputable list of rogue trade!

Unfortunately the unsavoury and dishonest behaviour displayed by Elliott was set to continue. Elliott proceeded to get a bag from his van. I noted that the bag already had dirt inside. Elliott then proceeded to remove some debris from the gully. I asked him if he was not going to flush the gully, he informed me that he was told that it was flashing that was required. I told him that I did not require any flashing, what I had requested was flushing. Elliott said he would have to call the office to check as he had been informed that it was flashing that was required.

I informed Elliott that the job was incomplete as when water was poured down the gully, the water still backed up which very clearly showed that neither the gully or the gutter were unblocked and as it could not be disputed that this was what I had asked for - the job was still incomplete.

Elliott confirmed that the gully was not unblocked. In his opinion what was needed was a power flush. As my request was for my gully and gutter to be cleared to stop the leaking in the ceiling, if the gutter and gully was still blocked and my ceiling leaking, it is quite clear that the job was and is not completed.

Elliott advised me to call the office, the gentleman in the office advised me that they could send someone to come on Monday to do a power flush to complete the job. However he made me to be aware that I would have to pay an additional £170 plus VAT to complete the job that I had originally called Elliott out to do.

Elliott then proceeded to write me a receipt. I noticed straightway that he had falsified the time that he had arrived. He said that before he had come into the barbershop he had spent some time in his van putting on his shoes!

Its simply beyond a joke that Elliott felt that the right thing to do was to charge me for how long it took him to put on his shoes. Maybe it would have been best for him to arrive in his leisure clothes and then charge for the hour that it would have probably taken him to change to his work clothes! This is defiantly a case of rouge traders!

After much toing and froing, Elliott agreed to change the time to the real time he arrived in the shop. This was done very reluctantly and slowly. Elliott then wrote that he had spent one hour 20 minutes removing dirty from a gully that was still blocked! If he had actually done the job that was required I would have paid – but how can I be asked to pay for something that has not been done!

One of the points that make a complaint valid to be made to the trade standard via Citizen advice is if the job requested is not completed. As this is indeed the case, it seem clear that I have a valid complaint against Pimlico.

Further, according to section 2, 13 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, implied term about care and skill, Elliott did not show reasonable skill when carrying out the job as it remains uncompleted. It would have been reasonable to expect the job to have been completed by a competent and skilled roofer - this means that Pimlico is in breach of the act and thereby any implied verbal contract is non-and void.

It is for these reasons that I believe that it would be unreasonable for me to pay an invoice for work, which has not been done.

In conclusion no flashing or flushing was carried out, My gully still remains blocked!

It is unfair that you should try and use your might as a large company to bully a consumer, overcharge and carry out a sub standard job!

More Pimlico Plumbers complaints & reviews