PetSmartmanager's behavior

E

The store issued a coupon for Purina products when I purchased a 3.5 LB bag of cat food. When I tried to use the coupon for another 3.5 pound bag of the same cat food, the cashier said we would need the manager to approve it... The manager vehemently recited the fine print stating the coupon was good for 10 LB bags or larger... He went on to say that I was given the coupon in error (Petsmart's).. His attitude and thirst to exert his authority was off putting enough for me to decide it was not worth it.
What hits a nerve is the fine print said the coupon was also good for cat litter, which I would have been glad to buy.
The managers mouthy behavior may have been motivated by our audience (an attractive cashier), in any regard Petsmart should avoid permitting this guy to interact with customers.