Pergolaminate flooring buckling

G Feb 07, 2019

We bought Pergo Laminate flooring about 2 years ago, in October of last year, and we noticed there was an area where the flooring edges were buckling. We notified the store where we bought the flooring and we submitted a complaint to Pergo.in December 2018 the inspector finally came out to the house to look at the flooring.in January of this year we learned that the claim had been denied due to the fact that we had used a wet mop on the floor and it had caused the damage. The problem with that conclusion is, would it not affected the entire floor instead of one small area of about 10 planks of flooring? Also, we had purchased Pergo flooring many years ago, in 2013, and with that flooring I had used a regular cottton mop to clean that floor and it did not damage it. I use a microfiber mop on these floors now and I wring out the mop so that it is damp. The inspector decided that I mopped the floors incorrectly so that the claim could be denied. I will not buy Pergo flooring again.