Peak LifeUnauthorized credit card use

S

I accepted a "free" sample of somnapure sleeping aid in January, which I never so much as opened. In February will in the hospital to my complete and total I received another bottle. On the shipping label it said it was free, again I never so much as opened it. I had every intention of contacting the company to ascertain why it was sent, however in my recovery from my illness and eventual return to work I never really found the time. Last week I received another bottle. This time the shipping label said that I was charged $75.00. I immediately contacted the company by phone only to be told that I was charged $75.00 last month as well and that although I had never opened any of the product I would not get a refund for the first month's supply. I never ordered anything mind you, I accepted a "free" sample is my crime here. Is this the type of company you would do business with?

• Bo
    bobwalls Feb 27, 2016

READ THE TERMS is all I have to say. You people complain and complain about how you got unauthorized charges, yet you failed to read the fine print. This is the problem with America. People are so ignorant and will NEVER take ownership for their mistakes. Yeah.. we got charged for an extra bottle from Peak Life, it's their fault!! No it isn't! It's your fault [censored]es!

• Sn
    snot bubble Feb 22, 2016

Same thing as everyone else. Called and was put one hold for 45 min. and gave up. Called my credit card company and canceled my card and they will go after my money and then got a hold of the BBB and filled a complaint. Everyone needs to file a complaint with the BBB about the thieves called Peak life or Peak Wellness. .

• Ca
    carole riley Feb 02, 2016

I too have been spammed by this company after accepting an offer of a sample of their sleep aide. I did not authorize them to send me another bottle and charging my credit card. I have returned the package unopened and expect a full refund on my account. This is no way to promote your products and I have read all the complaints and seems like everyone feels the same way. My credit card company has been notified of this and they will protect me from this scam.

Jade1929 Jan 29, 2016

I wish I had checked out this company before agreeing to a free trial subscription. I called my credit card company, USAA as soon as I discovered the charges and the charges will be challenged. USAA is a great institution and has always protected me from SCAMS such as PEAK LIFE. Now I get my prostate meds from a drug store. No more internet purchases for me. "Fool me once..." you know the rest of the story.

• Pe
    Peter LaPlaca Jan 16, 2016

Peak life-somnapure is certainly a scam. The product is bogus and their unauthorized use of the credit card used for additional shipments of their product should be investigated and brought to a halt. I spent over 30 minutes calling their customer service [protected] and was finally given an ra number to return the unopened bottle to "force factor"...The parent company in aston, pa.

This is a well designed scam by some nefarious people who have only one intent...Stealing money from unsuspecting consumers who believed in their claims.. I will also contact american express to reverse the charge made to my credit card.

• To
    TobinR Nov 07, 2015

Peak Life is a subsidiary of Nutraclick LLC 24 School Street, Boston, MA 02108 Phone: [protected] run by a couple of Harvard Grads Daniel Wallace and Patrick Carroll. These are the people to go after.

• Ro
    rosm Aug 28, 2015

I am in total agreement with all of the above. Ordered a free sample and have not opened it yet. I am a heart transplant recipient and would never take any medications over the counter or prescription before running it by my transplant team. As a free sample I agreed and accepted it. I was going to take it to my next scheduled transplant meeting this coming Monday 8/31/15. Then I received a 2nd package and a charge on my Amex card. My next step today is to contact American Express and dispute the charge. Peak Life or the "Low Life" who run this company will either refund me my money or there will be a law suit.

• Pa
    Patti Donohue Good Aug 08, 2015

Thanks for bouncing my rent check...you removed money from my account without my permission and caused my rent check to bounce . I am furious! Typical scam tactics...advertise a trial run of your product, then keep sending said product monthly to people who never agreed to such and claim they didn't read the "fine print". I am disabled and have poor eyesite so congratulations! You've carried off the perfect scam. Under no circumstances will you send me any more of your crap. You will be subject to a discrimination lawsuit against the disabled. Patricia Good

• Pe
    Peak Life Mar 29, 2015

It's a scam because they are NOT giving a free sample of a product as much as using your credit card for an unauthorized purchase. The buyer is unaware of the charge...that in my opinion is an 'unauthorized' purchase.

• Is
    Isabel Morales Feb 10, 2015

I must agree with all of the complaints above... Peak-Life offers are an organized scam, their products stink, and their customer service department is TERRIBLE. I, too, accepted the free sample and gladly paid the $2.99 hoping that their product would do what it promises. Moreover, if their product would have worked, I would have considered buying their product. Yet their product, the Somnapure sleeping aid, not only DOES NOT work but it is simply a sugar pill and bait for another product called "PM Somnapure" which - to me - is what makes their initial offer a scam; isn't it assumed that a "sleeping aid" is a PM product? Being that this was a so-called "free" offer, simply paying $2.99 was no big deal; I saw it as just a product that didn't work for me... no big loss. Yet, less than 15 days after I received the product I saw 2 more deductions on my debit card... one for $4.99 and another for $29.99. According to Peak-Life, the $4.99 was nonrefundable because it was for S&H but I had 2 options insofar as the refund... I could take $17.99 which would be refunded in 3-5 days - no questions asked, or I could return the unused product, pay the S&H, and get the full refund in 7-10 days. I chose the latter, paid only $2.20 for S&H at the USPS ( which is less than 1/2 of what they charged -- in a bigger and heavier package than how I received it because I boxed the product - indicating to me that they are also ripping customers off on the S&H charges), and - 14 days later - am STILL waiting for my refund. I called them earlier to follow up on my refund and they could not tell me when my refund would be credited informing me that they would gladly escalate the issue which, of course, takes another week for results. This is quite unacceptable for a company that says to be "reputable." As soon as I press the "submit" button for this comment I am calling my bank to place the complaint as well, but had to write this comment to say SHAME ON YOU PEAK LIFE!!!

• Se
    semac Aug 01, 2014

I received my free sample which I gladly paid $2.99 for shipping and handling because I thought it really might help me sleep! It contained a small amount of melatonin which I could buy from any store and is useless to me. Within a month they shipped 2 more bottles and charged my credit card $39.98!! Tried to call and hung on for about 20 minutes and no one answered. Have already filed a complaint with BBB and will contact VISA today and let them know that my credit card was fraudulently billed. The invoice indicates that I will receive this crap monthly so I may have to cancel my card!

JoeB6870 Jul 14, 2014

Thought I also would be just trying a free sample. 12 days, not the 14 in the FINE print I was billed 39.98 on my credit card. Discover Card was very helpful in giving me info to try to recover my money. Also received product I did not want after only 15 days of ordering my FREE trial. Will contact the BBB and the Ohio Atty General if their customer service does not refund my money quickly. Shame a company has to strong arm people to stay in business.

• Wa
    Wayne E Smith Mar 31, 2014

Unauthorized credit card use
    Complaint Rating:

Contact information:Peak LifeUnited States

I accepted a "free" sample of somnapure sleeping aid in January,
    which I never so much as opened. In February will in the hospital to my
    complete and total I received another bottle. On the shipping label it
    said it was free, again I never so much as opened it. I had every
    intention of contacting the company to ascertain why it was sent,
    however in my recovery from my illness and eventual return to work I
    never really found the time. Last week I received another bottle. This
    time the shipping label said that I was charged $75.00. I immediately
    contacted the company by phone only to be told that I was charged $75.00
    last month as well and that although I had never opened any of the
    product I would not get a refund for the first month's supply. I never
    ordered anything mind you, I accepted a "free" sample is my crime here.
    Is this the type of company you would do business with?

• We
    West fire Feb 28, 2014

I was also suckered into buying a free sample once they had my credit card information Peak Life started sending me more bottles and charging my credit card. When I phoned to find out what was happening they told me that I ordered at least 1 years supply. I had no idea that when agreed to a free sample I was committed to many more bottles. I would advise terminating your credit card if this has happened to you. Peak Life cannot be trusted with you credit card info. It took me close to an hour to speak with a Peak Life customer representative to try to cancel this order that I was not even aware I had.

Mallapur Rao Jan 02, 2014

I accepted a sample of Peak life Prostate and they sent me a 30 day supply of pills which I had not requested and billed my credit cared for $74.98. I have thrown away the pills as they were not effective. I wish to have amount of $ 74.98 credited to my credit card account. I have asked my credit card to pursue with credit card fraud. This whole operation appears to be a scam as nobody answers the phone and you receive endless marketing messages of their other ineffective products.

• Mi
    Michelle Derviss Feb 12, 2013

Peak Life is a SCAM.
    They charge your credit card for products that you did not ordered. Extremely poor customer service. I would not trust the product to be safe if this is how they run a deceitful buisness.
    They should be inspected by the FDA and taken to court for Fraudulent buisness practices.

• Su
    Susan55 Feb 21, 2012

We are so sorry if there has been any confusion! For questions or concerns, please call our customer service department at [protected] and we will sort out any issues immediately!

Peak Life

• Le
    leathalweapon Dec 05, 2011

this isnt a scam, when your entering your CC info there is a box you must check before going on it states the terms and agreements and it clearly says there that after 18 days youll be placed on home shipping unless you call within those days to cancel... so please explain to me how this is a scam?