Menu
Persopo
reviews & complaints

Persopo
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

25 complaints
3 resolved 22 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Persopo. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Persopo - Opt Out

Following the directions on the Persopo WEB site, I requested Opt Out on 03/21/22 and recieved an acknowledgement from customer support. Fifty (50) days later, and despite additional numerous requests to their customer support (email and phone), my information is still displayed on their WEB site when I search the internet for my name. The compilation anyone's information which is then posted into a single to access location is a privacy violation.

8:53 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On January 10, 2022, I found my personal information on their website. Since I'm in law enforcement, I actively search and request deletion of my info from information-collecting websites for my and my family's safety. On January 10, 2022, I requested deletion by following their opt out instructions. I received a response stating that my information would...

1:14 pm

Persopo - They won’t remove my info

They won’t remove my info. I’ve been trying for months. They are horrible. I have emailed. Called. Filed a complaint with the BBB. I have had a problem with a stalker that currently has a restraining order and their site allowed him to find me again. I’ve explained that in my emails. They have not responded to that or to the BBB filed. I hope they get shit down

Desired outcome: Remove my info

S

Persopo - 0 stars for company founders

Here's information on the company co-founders for Persopo (started in 2013).

Persopo.com is part of SCMA Holding Inc - see BBB https://www.bbb.org/us/nv/las-vegas/profile/searchers-of-records/persopocom-1086-90030129/details

SCMA Holding Inc.'s officers are Michael T. Powell, Meng (Yang) Powell, Chris K. Khachatrian - see https://www.nevada-register.com/1205526-scma-holding-inc and https://www.corporationwiki.com/p/2jcnjb/scma-holding-inc

Here are public records for the officers:

Here are news stories about the time the officers were sued:

Desired outcome: Stop making money off of us

E
12:32 pm

Persopo - Data privacy

Here's information on the company co-founders for Persopo (started in 2013).

Here are public records for the officers:

Here are news stories about the time the officers were sued:

Desired outcome: Shut down

P
12:26 pm

Persopo - defamation. I filed with the bbb, fbi, ftc - so should you

They post lies about me and maybe about you? Or the great person you dropped when you went all creep on them?

Check what they claim to have on you... is this why you didn't get the job? Or that Tinder date dropped you?

The FTC investigators are looking for a pattern to start class action.
Report here (I think BBB doesn't make a lot of sense)
https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/splash.aspx … (FBI)
and here: +18773824357 (FTC)

I'll just copy what I sent to the FBI today.

Provide a description of the incident and how you were victimized. Provide information not captured elsewhere in this complaint form.
I am contacting you because I feel the company I report engages in mass-defamation and shady or illegal practices.

I have a screenshot of the site "deep searching" the web and claiming that they have

- Two marriage/divorce records
- One criminal record
- Four licenses / driving records

on me.

I was never married, I don't have any negative driving record, and I don't have a criminal record.

If they post false information about me, they likely post incorrect information about other citizens as well.

Once people pay, they will probably not get the records because they don't exist. However, most people will not pay and leave the site believing that such records exist.

This is defamation.

I mention this because I feel it's something that might be a matter of public interest.

However, my main concern is that I told them that I am a stalking victim and need them to remove my info soon (how bizarre is it to beg someone to remove lies they post about you?)

I filed a complaint with the BBB on July 20th (BBB CASE#: 9017023) after they refused to remove my data even though I sent them a copy of my ID. They keep referring to an "opt-out process" that isn't working on my browser or so complicated that I'm intellectually not able to follow it.

However, I opted myself out of maybe 20 other sites so that it's safe to say that I can follow a sensible process.

Today, I filed a complaint with the FTC (ID 11019026) who told me to file a complaint with you as well.

Whether I am too stupid, it's an issue with my browser, or it's just not working-any decent company would neither defame people nor refuse to remove data of someone who claims to be a stalking victim after they sent a copy of their ID and filed with the BBB.

Please keep this company from posting false information about me and any other American citizen.

View 0 more photos
T
8:43 am

Persopo - unauthorized card charges plus services I did not sign up for.

I never signed up for this and they have been charging me since August of 2018. I am on disability and cannot afford this . Plus it has taken me this long to find out who these people are and what they're charging me for . I do not have a bank account . I want a refund of All the months August 2018 to June 2019 which is in the amount of $ 219.23 Total.
I've been charged for this because I would never use this kind of thing had I known or knew about these charges sooner.
If this is not resolved to my satisfaction I will call my lawyer and it will be handled through him and his company. This is fraud.

10:58 am

Persopo - debit card charges

I consider myself one that will read the find print to make it would not be able to use my card ever again. I spoke to two different people, they could care less and just keeping reading out of their manuals, saying "It's perfectly clear on the web page" I have now paid $60 for 2 requests, obviously I don't work for the FBI so have no need to look up 100's a day. They do not give a rats ass.

K
9:05 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I signed up for $1 free trial and was thoroughly disappointed. I searched a few names and the sight didn't give full and complete info and, it had several people with the same name showing criminal records mixed up with people who had partially matched names and some of the charges repeated.. It is sloppy and I will not continue with the next 4 days of the...

L
5:03 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Persopo - online background check service

Do not waste your time waiting for your records to be pulled up! Once it's done, which takes forever, they offer you the 1.00 5 day trial but when you enter your payment info, they charge you the full 19.93 for a month! They did it 2 days after I signed up. So, I figured it would be no problem to call and immediately cancel, boy was I wrong! I spoke to this little jerk off named elijah who insisted on arguing about every statement I made and was just so rude and condescending! He finally agreed to refund me half of the 19.93. But then I called back because I found the 1.00 offer and he still argued with me about it, basically calling me stupid and irresponsible for not reading the fine print. He said it didn't matter that I found the 1.00 offer (even though I took a pic of it) it had to be in an email.. What? Everything I said, he had a comment about. I asked him if it's really worth arguing over 9.99? Again, he continued to berate me like I was a complete idiot and told me to read carefully next time. Fyi elijah - I didn't ask for your opinion not do I care at this point after the way you treated a customer! After 2 calls, I finally got my money refunded.. Oh, when I told him my money is important to me and my family.. He said that's not his problem. Isn't he a great asset to persopo? I've never encountered such a rude customer service rep and I hope to never deal with him again. It's a shame that persopo let's someone like that talk to customers like he does, it creates such a horrible first impression.
So, be careful if you decide to try them out - you will be talked to like garbage if you have to cancel. What a horrible experience!
And all over 19.93.. Seriously?

View 0 more photos
Update by LadyTX73
Apr 06, 2019 5:06 pm

The pic proves the 5 day trial for 1.00 that they refused to accept and instead charged me 19.93 only 2 days after signing up. When I mentioned the 1.00 trial at first, he dismissed it like they didn't have one. But when I called back with proof, he had to refund my money.

1:24 pm

Persopo - background search

Ad states free public search. Did not say you had to pay upfront, then wait for your information . Requested 2 reports, got no information on either search. Immediately called to cancel. She said they would give me a $9.00 refund. I told her they could send it if they wanted to but, that was not satisfactory and that would not be the end of it
THEY CHARGED ME FOR ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION! Why can't rhis company be shut down?

I
12:44 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

SCAM!!! I purchased 1 month membership with Persopo. I looked up a report on 08.10.18. This is a total scam. It provides you VERY limited information which you can get for free anywhere else with little effort, which is fine if they at least said that is what they are providing. It tricks you during the process by asking if you "would like social media...

J
4:45 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ran a background check on myself and Persopo returned several criminal charges that I know nothing about. In their background report they used a middle name that is not my name. With exception to my address location 'everything' listed in the report was false. After receiving their report I attempted to contact their customer service for a refund and got a recording. STAY AWAY - These people should be sued.

N
1:52 am
Replied
Persopo has left an official reply on this complaint.
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had made a search request on Persopo and subscribed for 5 day trial. The whole thing cost me only $1. After I made a request they said that I'll get all the necessary information within 48-72 hours. 5 days passed and there was no way to contact customer service, they completely ignored me. 5 days later they finally contacted me and said that they have...

J
9:38 am
Replied
Persopo has left an official reply on this complaint.
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Spent 15 minutes waiting for reports to be compiled and collated, then as the 'final step', I had to open an account. Like a dummy, I paid $19.93 for one month membership. THEN the 'report' was released, and I learned it takes 72 hours for the information I requested to populate!! Needing the info NOW, and not 72 hours from now, I immediately called...

10:53 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The report they provided was so full of errors. I have maybe two traffic tickets/misdemeanors. In the criminal/traffic they came back with 79. None were of me different people in different states. I asked for Virginia alone and ended up with a half a dozen other states. Marriage was 20 times, I don’t think so. I’ve only been married once. Divorce 20 time...

4:48 pm

Persopo - Unknown

I am being charged 1-2 times a month by this company & i don't
even know who or what they are.

I order on line at times as i am a stroke survivor & 77 yrs old.
Can someone please stop them from taking my money?

it says subscriptions on my account & i don't subscribe to
anything.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Patricia Gail Delgado

1 comment
L
Aug 18, 2016 9:30 am

Why dont you just call the number on the website? [protected]

N
5:27 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

First off why do their adds say free background checks and when you get on there you wait forever for matches to come up that you have to pick through and when you find it BAM there it is you have to pay. So that means its not free. Whats the deal with that? Whats wrong with the picture? The tidbit of info was off. the location they said they had 4! Well...

4:04 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I signed up for casenet for one piece of information which I was able to acquire immediately on the "trial offer". Then, they continued to automatically charge my account for two more months before I caught them, and now I am having one helluva time trying to get my money back. Beware of this fraudulent company!! I began this nightmare in September, and for...

1:37 am

Persopo - Warrants out at least that i was told

My name is kurtis well got nothing..About info on any current warrants...Been calling t.O no avail. Outstanding or whatever. Never got any info despite asking repeatededly to several of yals people..Told me to cancel by e4nd of 16th of november...Nothing goes thru with u guys..Got nothing from yal so nothing from me and want my money back...Damn sure u cannot charge me next month ...My bank is aware of what happened..

Persopo contacts