Menu
Passport
reviews & complaints

Passport
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

45 complaints
18 resolved 27 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Passport. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
11:19 am

Passport - did not receive passport although police verification was done 2 weeks back

Hello Sir,

I have applied for passport (Application# HYD-H018678-10) on 9th september. The police came for verification on 9th of oct. I was told that the passport will be sent in a week, but I have not received even after 2 weeks from the date of verification. Kindly someone please look into this and do the needful.

Thanks,
Phani Kumar

Feb 19, 2013 11:32 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sir my name is shirish rameshrao dahake and my passport file reference
Is ng1060706254212
Sir I applied passport on date 14-12-2012 near about 2 month happen
But I haven't get passoprt yet. whenever I track my passport
Application it shows pending for physical police verification at your
Respective thana under sp office, district yavatmal. I checked at sp
Office but they told me that they already sent all verification to
Passport regional office nagpur. my police verification already done 1
Month ago. so please try to attend my problem and give me passport as
Soon as possible. thank you sir

9:52 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Passport - non delivery of my passport-wrong entry

Priya s, oct03,, 2010

d/o. m. selvam,

No.19/558, 8th street, 3rd cross,

Sivagami ammaiyar colony,

Sharma nagar,

Vyasarpadi,

Chennai - 600 039.

Respected sir,

sub: non-delivery of my passport - wrong entry in delivery report -

request for investigation and necessary action - regarding.

ref: priya selvam - file ref. no. a007883/10 of chennai passport office - dispatched on 01-06-02010 - reg. no. s31331 - speed post - et559263310in.

I am permanently residing at the above said address, door no: no.19/558, 8th street, 3rd cross, sivagami ammaiyar colony, sharma nagar, vyasarpadi, chennai 600039, I am a graduate in bachelor of physiotherapy and in pursuance of my professional advancement I have to appear an examination which will be held in singapore, therefore I had applied for passport with the regional passport office at chennai.

when I verified on website of the passport office regarding my passport application status the following details were reflected on the internet thus, “... your passport has been dispatched on 01/06/2010 rg. no:s31331”. after that I had visited the passport office on 11/08/2010 and informed the officer that though it is shown in the internet that my passport has been dispatched but I am not delivered with the passport till date, were was directed to approach concerned post office at vyasarpadi

Then I proceeded to vysarpadi post office about 4.00pm on the same day, where I furnished the said despatched reg. no:s31331 but the staff members of that post office insisted me to produce the exact speed post no. i.e. et559263310in which I collected from the speed post office at greams road subsequently.

again I had visited the passport office on 12/08/2010 where I demanded to furnish me the above said etnumber but the officials of passport office redirected me to approach me greams road speed post office then I had approached the staff at greams road speed post office where the staff member very kindly helped me and given the said et number, et559263310in and adviced me to approach speed post business office at the first floor in the same building. then I had met the staff of speed post business office and expressed about the non delivery of my passport, where I was adviced to fill up a form regarding the grievance. after the receipt of my filled for the speed post business office staff member had helped me and given the xerox copy of delivery detail of my passport.

the speed post business office staff adviced me to approach the perambur post master and contact the post man by the name e. devakumar and if the response from the side of either from e. devakumar or from the postmaster, I was further advised to call back to the speed post office at the greams road on its telephone numbers 28292939 and 28292001. there after I had gone to the perambur post office in the morning on 13/08/2010 and approached the post master and shown the xerox copy given by the office at greams road in which serial number 158, there appeared an entry of delivery and someone signed as priya selvam which is not my signature. the post master at perambur post office immediately called on the post man e. devakumar and enquired him in front of me and my father mr. selvam for which the post man e. devakumar blinked his eyes and he was very negligent in answering to the question put by the post master at perambur. thereafter the post master advised me and my father to come back on the next day morning on 14/08/2010, when I visited the post office again on 14/08/2010 about 10.00am where I received no proper response from the side of the post master or the said e. devakumar my hue and cry for my passport were gone in vain.

therefore I earnestly request your good office please to order for a detailed enquiry in to the handling of my passport delivery, and help me to get my passport and take necessary action against the delinquent post man e. devakumar and do me the needful.

Yours sincerely

priya. s

9:39 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Passport - only displaying name, dob, apply date but status showing nil

Dear all,
My passport file no:hyd-z151947-10 and its applied on 12-03-2010 and police verfication had completed on 12-04-2010.
But passport status is showing - (nil) regards this particular issue I had mail to apo and he replied, sended reply mail me and rpo, hyderabad please provide updated status.
But still passport status showing nil?
Wat I do this issue and almost six months complted but not receive any positive note!
What I do now!
D. hariprasad
+91-9963456992
Plz help me

2:53 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

SUBJECT : Delay in issue of passport Dear Sir/ Madam, My name is Nisha Jayachandran. I had applied for passport in RPO Bangalore in the month of March 2010. My file number is B120588-10 The police verification has ben completed. The website shows the status that police verification has been received by passport authorities and they are processing it...

8:50 am

Passport - passport processing

Respected sir,
I have submitted my student passport application form at begumpet post office, hyderabad, on april 16, 2010 with all the documents being genuine. Its been 60 days since I submitted my form but the police enquiry has not yet been compleyed. When checked online it is showing my name, file no and date of submission and showing the report, police information has not yet been received.
I need to take up my gre competetive test on september 29, 2010, for which the passport acts as my hall ticket. So I request the regional passport officer, hyderabad to plz process my application as soon and as early as possible.
File no - w235316
Ganguri sai anvesh

J
6:22 am

Passport - I didn't get my passport

Date
26-05-2010
Respected sir,

I am Jitendra Faye, I have applied for passport in the month of sep-2008(12-sep-2008).
My file reference number is- A021722.

My police verification has been done from Vidisha and Balaghat police station.

Last month I have visited Passport office, Bhopal to known my Application status, there I got information that- Your all documents are in order and your passport will be dispatched till 24-04-2010.
But till now I didn't get my passport and in Passport information site (www.passport.gov.in), I m getting following message-

“File Reference Number (BPL-A021722-08) is either wrong or Information NOT available”.

So that I have sent email to – [email protected] but I didn't get any reply.

I need your kind attention on this issue, please let me know my status as soon as possible.

I will be very thankful to you.

Applicant

Name - Jitendra Faye
File Ref. No. - A021722
Birth Date - 31/10/1984
Email - [email protected]

Nov 05, 2011 3:05 am

I didnt get my passport since last 2 year... my file no. is gzba00991908... and dont so my file inquiry...
Harimohan pathak
Manas mandir
161, brihma kund
vrindavan, mathura

4:06 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Passport - delay in police verification process

As a fundamental right of being a citizen of the india, its my duty to apply for a passport and privelage if it gets dilevered at your place after a so called police verification.

My intention is to bring to your notice the usual delay in receiving report to passport office after a police verification.
Sir I had made an application for a passport in Oct 2009 but due to negative report from the concerned police Authority, I am asked to fill a pp form and the process goes on.
It had been a month since (29 th April 2010) I had visited the police station for the verification and it was done, but no update is available with the Cid and the passport office. I had visited the police station several times, the constable say's that the file had been sent and also he gave me the dispatch no but the no is not valid. Cid says we have not received the file from the worli police station yet. So my question is, why there is no transparency in this process and from whom should I 'll get a clarification.

10:10 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Passport - delay in getting the passpot

Name:harshitha mareboina
Father's name: srinivasa rao m
File no: w250103
Application date :06/01/2010
Status :police report not yet received

I have undergone the verification at kothagudem and my file out wardno as per the khammam commision office sb section c24 pvc sb kmm 2010 (17) and reports reached on 30/01/2010 so plese check it and grant me the passport as it is very important to me.

Thank you.
Regards,
Harshitha.

L
Nov 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Sir,
My name is lingala vijaya gowri I have applied my passport on 07 — 3-2011 and I have not yet received my passport till now. I am sending my passport details so that I request you to send my passport as soon as possible. sir, I am giving the details of my passport and my contact numbers also so please send me my passport...

My passport number is hyd h006923-11 and my contact number is [protected] and my email id is [email protected]

V
5:16 am

Passport - police verification not done

Dear sir,

I vijaypal singh chauhan had submitted my passport reissue application at new delhi on dated 27/08/2009 and got the application number f026525.
On dated 09/10/09 they have changed the file number g002365. but till date no police verification done by gurgaon police.

Today 06/03/10 I have confirmed from gurgaon police (passport section) and they checked and said that they have not received police verification forms from delhi passport office. due to this reason they are not coming for police verification.

I request you to please help me in this matter.

Best regards,
Vijaypal singh chaühan
 +91-9711808268

10:54 pm

Passport - non receipt of passport for more than 113 days

Dear sir,

Subject :Non receipt of passport for more than 113 days
I’m P.Bhargavi, applied for my child Chandana Prathapaneni passport on 26- 10-2009 and its reference no is C351377. In this process police enquiry was clear, but passport is not issued till now and status is mentioned in online as “It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the dispatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be dispatched in a week's time”.
Its more than 3 months we are waiting for passport but we have not got any response. My husband P.Hemakumar is in Canada, we are awaiting for my daughters passport to travel Canada. So I kindly request you to issue my child's passport without further delay.

A
3:43 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir, With reference to Passport File Reference Number - BLY-Z320197-09. I have send numerous mails at: [email protected], but didn't hear anything back . Why still we keep blaming our system, why public servants still not taking care of their job effectively. Well my concern is, after getting across all the formalities smoothly my Passport...

2:13 am

Passport - DELAY PASSPORT

Regional passport office HYDERABAD.

Sir,

My name is MALLIKARJUN.KUMMITHA I had applied for passport the date is 14-07-2009 my status is :

File Reference Number : HYD-Z702830-09 Application Date : 14-07-2009
Applicant's Name : MALLIKARJUN KUMMITHA Applicant's Date of Birth : 06-05-1979
STATUS :Police Report is adverse, a show-cause notice is being sent by Post

it is near to 5 months until today (8/12/09) i did not get any information.

Let me know if any queries : [email protected]

I Requested passport fficer pls issue my passport urgently .

Regards
Mallikarjun.K

C
11:54 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Don't beliebe this #ing government. [email protected] aleksandra is the one who id dealing and saying that she can provide the legal passport from the embassy now she is asking money only after getting 3000 dolars. she is really poor and what to cheat the money only. those who believe this #ing girl that person is really idiot. she is based in ireland and she...

2:23 am

Passport - delay in issue of passport 2009 | dlh-f007132-09 | rpo:delhi

Respected sir/ma'am,

This is regarding the application for passport which I had submitted in march this year.
Please find the details below:

Applicant's name : rashmi achan
File reference number : dlh-f007132-09
Application date : 18-03-2009
Applicant's date of birth : 14-05-1983
Regional passport office: trikoot - 3, hudco building, bhikaji camaji place, new delhi

All the required documents were submitted and the police verification was also done.
On the status page, it has been showing "police report is clear. application is under process." since a very long time. however, I have still not received my passport and it has been 8 months since I applied. I would be really grateful if someone could look into the issue and let me know what is causing the delay. also, if there is something to be done at my end kindly inform me the same.

Thanks,
Rashmi achan

May 10, 2010 6:44 am

This is mark saksham of q. no-10, pocket-5, sector-2, rohini delhi 110085
This is to inform u dat I lost my wallet in metro station at kashmiri gate exit where I lost my driving license nd pan card votwer I card nd d passport refrence no so I cant know my status of the passport dat how much time will it take.
Kindly allow me d assistance on
[email protected]
Mobile no [protected]

1:55 pm

Passport - police inquiry

The Passport Officer
Passport Office,

Sir/Madam

I have applied for a passport & as my police verification was suppose to be done but by a chance I was not available at home & my servant was there who was not able to do the police verification...
Can you please suggest me what to do to complete my incomplete verification.. ?

waiting for a responce..

Thanking U.
Maninder Kaur
File. A048359-09

Jan 26, 2011 5:01 am

hai sir my name is mohammed sameer ahmed my pass port file no is h2982710 i have submitted my application 40 days before till now police inquiry had not been completed please let me know

C
10:03 am

Passport - status enquiry/ non recieval

22/09/09

I applied for a passport of india on 23/02/09 in the passport office in hyderabad (begumpet). While applying, I dint know that if we already have a passport (my passport expired) we should give details about it. After a few days I got a notification about it and as per the requirements I furnished an explanation about not giving the details of my previous passport. Also, I surrendered my previous passport. This, I did in the month of july.

I checked the status of my passport online a number of times after that. From july, till date the status shown is the same and it is 'furnish explanation for suppression of material information about the previous passport and surrender the same'.

Please can I know the proper status of my passport and its expected delivery date. Will there be a police inquiry again, and if yes when will it be? I hope to get a reply as soon as possible. The details of my passport application are given below.

From name : ch prem sagar rao
City : kukatpally
File number : hydw60261309
Key number : 9760261309
Dtd. 23/02/2009

2 comments
Jun 27, 2013 11:55 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

sir my name is Mohammed Arif khan I am in Saudi from 2002 my passport no. is mistaken in my ekama no. I want to go to India but Indian embassy want my passport no. but I have no passport sir my file no. is 11/084259/92 My date of birth is 07-08-1972
My passport issued on 01-01-1993 please sir please sir tell me what is my passport number. my email address is [email protected]

Jun 04, 2010 6:18 am

To
Cheif passport officer
New delhi

Respected sir,

i, satyanarayana. chintalapudi date of birth 10.05.1954 working in coromandel international as assistant general manager wanted your help and submitting my case as follows.

I have obtained my passport from hyderabad office vide file no.7/26353/89 and got it renewed vide file no.7/098727/91 and obtained the passportno. l-261707 dated 9.4.1992.

The passport was given for renewal to vizag office vide application no. vsp-e009022-07 dated 16.11.2007. police enquiry was conducted and all the required information was furnished.

I have not received any passport till end march-2009. ihave personally enquired in the passport office of vizag and surprised to know that the case was closed 0n 26.03.09 due to the following reasons.

1. hyderabad passport office has not responded for the closure of pass port issued vide. file no.7/26353/89 before the issue of passport l-261707 dated 9.4.1992.

2. there is no follow up from my side for two years hence the case was closed.

Met the office super indent personally and informed the whole history and advised me to apply fresh to obtain passport immediately. due to my urgent official need I have applied in tatkal and submitted all the required documents in person to the passport office vide file no. vsp-e010095-09 dated 27.11.2009. after three days of my waiting at pass port office I was called by the passport officer and informed the same old reason for issuing me the passport. advised me contact hyderabad office for the information sought by them as they are not getting in spite repeated follow up.

Sir, being a responsible executive and as a citizen staying at kakinada from 1986 I have several opportunities to visit abroad on job assignments. for none of my fault I have been suffering and in justice is happened to me.

Kindly go through my case and send the information to vizag office and arrange me to issue the passport immediately. my profile is enclosed for your kind reference.

Yours truly

Satyanarayana. c

[protected] / [protected]

Kakinada, andhrapradesh, india

3:52 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear sir/Madam, This is syed Abthahir raja holder of Indian Passport ( B5443935), As i am applied for my damage passport in Indian counsulate in shanghai on JULY 27th, till now i didnt received my new passport, My visa is expired in August 31st, 2009. i went to Indian counsulate in shanghai, they told here we send all the details to the autority person in...

D
2:16 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Passport - rong date of birth

Respected sir,
I have got my passport on date 8/10/2004. And my correct date of birth is 25/5/1985. And they have printed 25/9/1985. Many times I have contacted with passport office. They talk very rudely. They said they cant do anything. Kindly help me. Nobody is there to talk on this topic. They have done mistake but nobody is there to accept there mistake. Kindly help me.

1:16 am

Passport - redispatch passsport

the passport officer
passport office,
Lucknow

sir,
this to inform you that i didn't received my passport,
file no.A028567/08.
so kindly re-dispatch my passport.
thanking you!

your sincerely
Nawab Ali
file no.A028567/08

7:32 am

Passport - delay in passport

Dear Sir,
I Pamu Swetha has applied my passport (file no: f011088) on 12th of march 2008 and police enquiry has been done on 21st of march 2008. I and my sister has applied the passports on the same day thats on 12th of march 2008 and she received the passport but i still didnt received it. And even we got the acknowledgement regarding the police enquiry that its been cleared. And even its very emergency for me to have the passport. so please kindly look after the matter and do the needful.
Thanking you,
with regards,
swetha.

6 comments
Aug 18, 2009 5:58 am

I am ritesh kumar sharma. I am from mughalsarai, uttar pradesh and I applied for a passport on 25/02/2008 with the file reference number lkoa03543308 at the lucknow regional passport office.

It has been over 1 year now that I have waiting for my passport to arrive. running from office to office has also not helped my passport to move ahead. nobody can tell me where it is stuck exactly and for what reasons.

I would like to know the why should a citizen of this country be denied of a passport for so long? I need my passport ugently and is there a possibility that I cancel my last passport application and apply for a tatkal passport?

File no.-lkoa03543308
Key no.-[protected]

Address-qrt no.-1241/d, manas nagar colony, mughalsarai, chandauli-232101

Contact no.-[protected]
Mobile-[protected]

Ritesh sharma

Feb 20, 2010 5:21 pm

File ref. number : lkoz600614
Applicant's name : syed shariq jamal
Application date : 26/09/2009
City : barabanki
Status : my passport form of police enquiry incompelete because police officer surya prakash narayan posted in barail chauki says me give me money but I will not give money so please sir mera passport urgent complete kiya jaye jiski information mujhe di jaye my number-[protected]

Regards — syed shariq jamal
Vill&post barail dist-barabanki

Feb 20, 2010 5:37 pm

The passport officer
Passport office,

Sir/madam

I have applied for a passport & as my police verification was suppose to be done but by a chance I was available at home but police officer says iwant some money recieve when your passport report forward so iwill not give moneymy can you please suggest me what to do to complete my verification..?

Waiting for a responce..

Regards
Syed shariq jamal
File no... lkoz600614
Draft no...0411886
Date of submit..26/09/2009

Apr 28, 2011 9:15 am

Passport status still shows police report not received. my police inquiry was completed on 6th april and on police website, report says 'clear'. please suggest. I need passport urgently

D
Jun 24, 2011 11:55 am

Respected sir /madam
I have given a passport request in the year 2009 month of july my file number is bplz337342/09 from jabalpur passport offfice, I am regularly enquiring about my passport status but not gettin proper response. I am a medical student and was suppose to attend a confrence abroad but due to ignorace from passport authority, my studies are suffering. kindly take some quick action for above details.

A
Jul 15, 2008 10:16 pm

Respected sir
Our family member passport is not issued yet their registration number is c000298 and cooo299 belongs to kiranjeet kaur and taranjeet singh respectively. the application was submitted on 10/03/2008 but the ststus from a month in the enquiry site is still the same ie (it is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time). so make it soon.

With regard