PartsTrainnot refunding full amount

R

On Sept 27-2011 I made the horrible mistake of ordering a fuel pump from partstrain.com. I placed the order at 6:18pm PDT. At 7:45 PDT the same day I contacted PT to cancel the order. The customer service rep. advised me he would place a cancelation on it immediately, and I would receive an email within 24hrs letting me know if they were able to stop the shipment. The next day (24hrs later) I had not received any email concerning my cancelation. So I called the company again. This time I got a rep. that explained that PT had sent an email to the parts house, but hadn't heard back from them. And it would be 48hrs (not 24) before they would send me an email letting me know if they had stopped the shipment. 48hrs. when I still hadn't gotten an email from PT, I called again. This time I got another rep. who proceeded to explain to me that the parts house was waiting on the tracking # for the part I tried to cancel. I explained to the rep. that I didn't want the part and for them not to ship it. He stated that it was out of his hands and the parts house would send me a letter with a tracking # on it. I asked the rep, "no matter what I say or do, you’re going to ship the part. RIGHT?". He replied "yes". Then the same rep. told me the minute I receive the tracking # to contact them and they would send me a return shipping label. The following day, sure as shootin, I got an email with a tracking # stating that my part had been shipped. When I received the tracking # I contacted the company again as I was asked to do. At this point, the rep for parts train explained that he was unable to send me a return shipping label due to the fact that I needed an RA#. I asked him if he had one, and he said no but I would receive on in another email. The next day, sure enough and right as rain, I got an email with an RA#. Now this is where it gets down to the rat killin. Within 2 hrs. i placed an order with parts train and canceled it. No matter what I could say or do to cancel the order they were intent on shipping it to me. Parts train charged me $75.76 for the part. $10.87 shipping. $6.47 tax and $2.61 handling fee. For a grand total of $95.71. Now I receive a letter with an RA#, PLUS letting me know they are not going to refund the tax or the shipping or the handling charge. BUT they are going to charge me a $7.58 restocking fee. So. By dealing with parts train and spending $95.71 I will receive $73.67. All due to the fact that they were unwilling to cancel the order less than 2 hrs. after it was placed. I lost $22.04 just for calling parts train and placing an order. And now I see at the bottom of the email containing my RA#, it can take up to 4 weeks to receive my $73.67 refund. They are nothing more than on line thieves that hate to give a refund SO BAD, that they are willing to risk having people write letters like this one. Todays date is Oct. 4-2011 and the part won't arrive until the 7th. In one of my emails they state that you have 30 days to return the product if you're unhappy. In another email from parts train they state you have 21 days. Either way, No matter what. If you deal with crooks you will get robbed.