Parts Train.comscam! horrible service!

L

I recently purchased a $350 part for my 94 Lexus ES300 from Partstrain.com. I received the part ok within a few days of placing the order however discovered I ordered the incorrect item and needed to return the part. I contacted PartsTrain well within the 21 day return policy window to request a RMA number and ship to address. PartsTrain provided both the RMA number and ship address but it took 4 DAYS to receive it after calling them a dozen times asking why is it taking so long to receive the return information. I immediately shipped the part back to them using Fedex Priority Overnight service. The part was received in California and signed for the next morning by someone at the Partstrain office. I called them later that day to see how long it would take to receive my refund since the part was now received. I got the run around about "Oh, we have to inspect the part first and that takes a couple days" and "Sorry, looks like you sent the part to the wrong location so we have to ship it to NY instead of the California office and that will take several days". I received every excuse and answer but the only one I wanted which was... WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY REFUND?!

After so many calls to their customer service dept and getting a different response each time. I decided to contact American Express (since I purchased the part using my AMEX card) and let them know that a fraudulent/scam charge was on my card. AMEX gave me a temporary credit of the entire $350 while they investigated PartsTrain. After a month, AMEX said PartsTrain finally agreed to give me a refund of $245. I told AMEX that amt was unacceptable as I wanted the entire $350. The part was shipped back to PartsTrain in brand new condition just like I received it and I wanted ALL my money back. AMEX is currently trying to obtain the remaining $100. I will never use PartsTrain again!!!

• Xy
    xyourxtra Jun 17, 2010

partstrain.com. ordered parts paid for thim a week later I recieved one of two, after contacting them they are saying they don;t havve the other part, and they will credit my carde, yes they charged me shipp and handiling. whech blogs before you buy from any one.

• Gr
    Greg A Jun 17, 2008

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE SCAMMERS. They did the same thing to me, but claimed to have issued a credit to my credit card THAT I NO LONGER HAVE. They always tell you to contact us in 48 hours. When you do, you get the same response from the next customer service rep. This place is a boiler room operation that gets there parts from PAW, and resells them at a markup. Check for yoyurself. I am not going to let them get away with their scamming ways!

• Ra
    Randy Witt Oct 25, 2007

Seems PartsTrain wants nothing to do with you if you want to change/edit/cancel/return your order. Horrible customer service! See my post of 10/25/07.