Parr 3 AutomotiveFraud

B

From the Christian based business advertising I thought I could send my wife here and not worry about her being taken advantage of, but that was definitely not the case. I had her take the car in for a front brake job due to the vibration in the front end, nothing was said about the rear brakes so the rear wheels should not have been removed, however, they told my wife that the front brakes were ok and she needed rear brakes. So her not knowing any better told them ok, and we got ripped off for a 150 dollar brake job that we didn't need and nothing was done to fix the problem we brought the car in for in the first place. So they agreed to turn the front rotors and do the front end alignment that it needed and "treat me right" on the bill for the mess up.The next day when I went to pick up the car I was shocked to see a seventy dollar charge just to turn the rotors, they also admitted that most places charge thirty dollars for this but they normaly charged ninety so seventy was a good deal. I then questioned was that for the alignment as well and the owner said no I didn't know he did an alignment so you owe me seventy more dollars on top of that. Since the alignment wasn't on the bill I am sure that the alignment was not done so I was forced to pay for a service I didn't get. Being taken advantage of in such a way is inexcuseable, being ripped off and treated in such a poor manner just isn't right. I would not advise patronizing this business!

RESOLVED

• Sh
    SHANE PARR Sep 24, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

The customer’s wife, Mrs. Johnson, brought the 2003 Chevrolet Impala in to our facility for an oil change and to have the brakes checked on August 1st 2008. Our technician checked the front and rear brakes, since this is our common practice when we encounter brake issues. We inspect the condition of the brakes on all four wheels, no exceptions. After inspection, our technician noted that the front tires were severely worn on the inside edges and that the rear brake pads were nearly completely worn. The wife was called and informed of what we had found since she left her name and phone number as the contact person. She was informed that the rear brakes needed to be replaced at a charge of $150.00. She was also informed that the front tires were worn out and the front end was out of alignment. She stated that she had hit a deer in the past and that she had encountered problems with alignment and vibration ever since. She approved the installation of new rear brake pads verbally over the phone. She also stated that we shouldn’t worry with the front end alignment or tire problem at this point. Later that afternoon, Robert Johnson arrived to pick up vehicle. He was visibly displeased and he stated that we made a repair to his vehicle that wasn’t needed and that he still had his original problem with vibration. I, Shane Parr, manager of Parr 3 Automotive, Inc., informed him that his wife had approved the repair and told us not to worry with any of the front end problems. After further discussion with Mr. Johnson, I agreed to turn the front brake rotors on his vehicle at a discounted price to try to make up for any perceived miscommunication. He also asked us to perform a four-wheel alignment on the vehicle after he and I inspected the wear on the front tires. Upon completion of repairs, we charged Mr. Johnson $70.00 for turning the front brake rotors. This is a service that we normally charge $90.00 for. This resulted in nearly a 25% discount. We also charged him $70.00 for a four-wheel alignment which is our normal charge. Mr. Johnson was never told that most shops charge $30.00 to turn brake rotors. He was however told that it would cost $30.00 to turn the rotors if he performed the labor to remove and reinstall the brake rotors himself. The $70.00 charge included the labor and machining the rotors. As for the four-wheel alignment, I can personally guarantee Mr. Johnson that this service was performed. I was in the shop when the car was aligned and I test drove it myself. These services repaired the vibration in the front end and the misalignment of the tires. To address Mr. Johnson’s accusation that his vehicle didn’t receive a four-wheel alignment, I am willing to ensure the alignment of the vehicle in his presence. In other words, we will put his vehicle back on the alignment rack and assure him that it meets alignment specifications while he is watching since he doesn’t trust us. This customer was definitely not taken advantage of or ripped off. He actually received all of the above mentioned services at a discounted price. We take great pride in our customer service, quality work, and competitive prices. We never want to have an unsatisfied customer, but there seemed to be no way to please Mr. Johnson in this particular case. Mr. Johnson received quality repairs at a reasonable price to which he and his wife agreed. This is a typical case of a customer wanting something for nothing.

Sincerely,

Shane Parr/ Parr 3 Automotive, Inc

------------------------------------------
    The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only for the use of the person(s) to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Further, any medical information herein is confidential and protected by law. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to use, review, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential medical information. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately advise the sender and delete this message and any attachments. Any distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is prohibited.

• Tw
    TWO-TWO Dec 12, 2010

This is a First Class operation. These guys have been in business at other locations for many years. Shane has no reason to take advantage of any customer. The business that they perform proves this. I highly recommend their operation for any automotive needs. I do much of my work and fully trust their opinion of what may need to be performed on a car. They always give you the option of whether to have a problem repaired or not.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices