FILE A COMPLAINT

Palmco EnergyScam

R Review updated:

Palmco solicited me to change over from PSE&G and said that after their promotion period their rates would be variable and gave me a historical picture that rates are most of the time better and never said that variable rates could be double! They are dishonest and dubious and if they want to have a real business model and keep their customers, when the variable rates reach over 25% higher than other utility charge, let alone double, they should reach out to their customers and advise them on how to better manage their energy rates. They instead go on the defensive.

below is a link to my actual bills from July and August of 2013 showing the difference in rates, cut and paste if you cannot click on it:

Palmco Energy Jan 27, 2014

Dear RZ Glen,

I am sorry to hear that you felt you were misled by our pricing. At PALMco, quality service is our #1 priority and customer satisfaction is our goal. If your issues are not completely resolved, I would be happy to discuss your bills with you in further detail. Please feel free to give me a call at (877) 726-5862 or email me at [email protected] and reference your 9/19/13 Complaints Board post.

Best,

Resolution Supervisor

Anon Nymous Feb 06, 2014

I used to work for this company... I've seen the way they manipulate customers and do the most to not pay for what they do! First things first they offer you an "intro rate" which is AWESOME and way below competitors but DONT BE FOOLED! By the 3rd or 4th bill the rate doubles and sometimes even triples. When you call to complain they'll give you some BS about the prices being competitive market blah blah it's total bull. Then they offer you a low ball refund DONT SETTLE! Immediately ask for the supervisor and I'd you get anyone OTHER than Connie they're bsing you. Furthermore the OWNER of the company is fully aware that these sales reps who come to your door are lying to you! He knows they try to say they are from the utility or that it's a government program and that they try to tell you that you're not switching providers but you ARE! And they will try to guarantee you savings with explicitly stating "guarantee savings". They tell you the price changes monthly similar to your utility... What they mean is the rate will go up and down but will ALWAYS be at least double what you were paying before. And these sale reps use FAKE IDENTITIES so when you try to get them in trouble rest assured they'll be back on the streets under someone else's name. And again the owner is more than aware. The company outsources telemarketers and door to door sales reps by companies run by scam artists, perverts, and criminals. The company is known as PALMco in every other state but, New York where they were known as Columbia Utilities but changed their name because the Attorney General caught on to their deceptive ways. DO Not make the mistake of signing up with them, you will surely regret it

• Kr
    KRISTY BOAZ Feb 12, 2014

This is exactly what this company did to me. THey are full of lies, deception, misleading, customer service sucks and I will do everything I can to expose them for who they really are!

• Li
    Linda A. M Apr 23, 2014

I am so disgusted with Palmco I'm considering taking legal action. I have already contacted the BBB and Public Utility Commission. If anyone is considering signing up with them, DON"T. Their rates are 3 times higher than the other utility providers and they'll give you this BS about how there was a spike in costs. They are a fraudulent organization.

• Ri
    rip941 Jun 07, 2018

@Linda A. M I am going to the public utility commission as well, do you what they do to help resolve issues with scamming companies like Palmco? I went from paying 180 a month to 600!!! that is just using my lights and occasionally my dryer!!

• El
    EllenO Mar 14, 2015

Be warned. The offer of competitive rates was not true. My bills for the past three months of 2014/2015 have been almost twice what it EVER was with PSE&G, once the first few months were over- what a rip off! I have gotten away as fast as I could and wish I had NEVER SIGNED UP! My fault for falling for the pitch over the phone. I will be reporting them to the BBB and anyone else who will listen!!!

• Wl
    wltoon Apr 22, 2015

I signed with Palmco initially because the company offered a rate that was about half of what I would pay for CL&P. this rate was supposed to be for six months. After FIVE months my rate became a "variable" rate at three times my introductory rate, or 150% of what I would have paid for CL&P. If anybody is instituting a class action suit I hope I am notified.

• Mi
    Mighty Horse Jul 16, 2015

I never signed up with Palmco and my account was slammed. When I called to complain and demand a refund, they tried to dance around a flimsy justification that someone else, whose electric bills are mailed to my address for payment, gave my account number for gas service and this was sufficient for them to provide service. There is no way this is a true statement and they obtained my account by some nefarious means. I did not even realize they were my supplier until I began to shop for energy efficient boilers due to the excessively high gas bills. It was only then that I realized I was paying 120% over the rates NJ Nat Gas was charging. The gas company was reversed all of their charges and rebilled me at their rates. From Aug 2011 to May 2014, I was charged over $4, 447 more than NJNG. That has all been refunded with no cooperation from Palmco. I suspect that NJNG challenged them to provide evidence that I signed up and they could not produce anything. Their charges are outrageous and even though my bill has been reversed by NJNG, I still filed a complaint with the State of NJ Consumer Affairs. These scoundrels need to be exposed and run out of business. They are hurting people who are just trying to save a few dollars.

• Re
    Reviewer94425 Jan 04, 2016

I am complaining about PalmCo energy in Frederick, Md. They promised me a better price than my current electric company only to charge me 3x the rate in december tripling my bill to $500 which is completely outrageous even in december because my apartment complex supplies my heat. My previous bills have been under $200. This company is a scam and will defraud you out of hundreds of dollars!!!

peter churchyard Feb 08, 2016

PALMCO Power MD became my supplier on 7/27.
    Since then my bill has been split
    9/25 0.03 distribution 0.06 supplier
    10/23 0.03 distribution 0.10 supplier
    12/12 0.03 distribution 0.24 supplier
    Early in 2015 we got repeated and persistent phone calls from PALMCO saying that our rates were going to go up.. Boy were they correct!

Palmco Energy Feb 08, 2016

Cold weather may lead to higher costs and we want to work with you to resolve this. In a private message, please provide us with your phone number and account number so a specialist on our Customer Service team can contact you directly about your concerns.

• Ri
    rip941 Jun 07, 2018

@Palmco Energy That is BULL, my highest bill in the dead of winter was 180 and since you guys hijacked our info and became our 3rd party supplier our bill is 600 so why don't you explain that one for me???

peter churchyard Feb 08, 2016

Thanks for the reply. Before you replied we have already talked to your Customer Service team and are not happy with the resolution.

peter churchyard Feb 08, 2016

The cold weather is not what caused the increase in price. Yes the usage went up but the rate per unit quadrupled. It was quadrupling of the initial intro price. The intro price was used to lure people in to switch from there main electric provider to Palmco. Palmco misrepresented how much the electricity would increase in price by saying it was a variable rate. Yes the rate is variable, but increases of 400% in a short time span is not typical of a utility.

• Kn
    Knowyourright Sep 19, 2016

Well I'm suing palmco for a fraudulent signature I never signed the documentation to add them to my account when they sent me the agreement someone else have fraudulently sent my name so now I'm suing them

Palmco Energy Sep 20, 2016

Hi, thanks for bringing this to our attention. If our third party marketing vendors are going against policy, we want to know! If your problem has not been resolved, please feel free to contact us by phone at (877)726-5862 or email at [email protected] so a Resolution Specialist can help address your concerns.

• Kn
    Knowyourright Sep 20, 2016

No thank you I tried that way and it did not work so now I will be suing your company thanks