OUTsurance2nd rate panel beaters & bullying tactics

F

Claim # [protected]. Another driver also an OUTsurance client opened their door as I was driving past and hit my car. Very helpful Tracy took my claim. I was assured that if the legal dept determined that if it wasn't my fault I would not have to pay the excess nor lose my outbonus.

It was determined that I wasn't at fault but now the terms have changed. Now all of a sudden I have two options. 1. I don't pay the excess but lose my outbonus or 2. They only pay 80% of the value of the claim then I don't lose my outbonus or pay an excess.

OUTsurance gave me an option between two Panelbeaters. The one suggested I commit fraud on a claim. The latter where I got a quote for the damages failed to see that the glass of the wing mirror was broken and was taking photos of the damage with a cellphone. I would have thought that to properly access the damage they would want good quality photos as they send it away to an OUTsurance assessor who sits in an office somewhere. I previously reported this Panelbeater for charging for parts they didn't replace, and poor quality work.

Furthermore the OUTsurance assessor deems the damage to both doors and the wing mirror to be R7, 997.74. This means that they want to slap body putty on to repair the doors as the metal is wrinkled. I am getting nowhere with them hence this complaint.

RESOLVED

• OUTsurance's response · Feb 28, 2017

Good day. Thank you for your feedback and at the same token, please accept our apologies for the frustrating service experience. The matter was escalated to our legal recoveries claims manager who will contact you with proper feedback shortly. Regards, Dinky Wenhold